Search
Like Tree3Likes

Innovative Hobbies and Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 10:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcnut87
There has been plenty of arm twisting its only a matter of time.
If you hurry you can make it in time to enter 17.5 buggy next weekend
Old 02-21-2015, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Ran the new layout today for the first time. Its very nice. Not too technical and yet not so easy either. Lots of fun. Looking forward to the next race. Good job on the design. Chuck
Old 02-23-2015, 12:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcracenut
Ran the new layout today for the first time. Its very nice. Not too technical and yet not so easy either. Lots of fun. Looking forward to the next race. Good job on the design. Chuck
Nice racing & results this weekend Chuck, aside from spanking me in SC Mod you made a heck of a comeback to take the win in 4x4 Slash!

See Ya Next time
Old 02-23-2015, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Eric. Its rare that I finish ahead of you. You just had a slow week. Probably wont ever happen again.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jmcelroy42
Tim does have a nitro truggy already
Yes sir Tom and I both have one, and I am hoping to be back racing this weekend, see you guys then!

-Tim
Old 02-23-2015, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Always fun racing there when I get the chance to go.

Pretty discouraging though when you watch what is going on with corners. I understand kids need to learn to corner as well when they are racing and I am all for it. If I roll and need to wait for a corner whether it be an adult or kid that is my problem not the corners. My fault for flipping etc and my screw up does not constitute and emergency on the corners part whether they are learning or waiting as to not interrupt other racers. They do a good job getting there as quick as they can. If they do not see it most spectators will let the corner know.

This this past Saturday was pretty bad as I heard 1 person just cry a river about a very young kid cornering and not getting to him quick enough and upright to continue his racing. It carried over to him spectating and whining about it. This person never cornered a race when he was done either.

Bottm line if you wreck or somebody spins you out which is usually an accident and you get an apology suck it up and move on. Don't whine and have a hissy cuz a kid learning did not get to you fast enough. You are the one to blame for wrecking 90% of the time. Encourage the kids learning to corner on what to do. Enjoy the hobby and have fun. We do not make a living from it.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by trplcrwn5

Pretty discouraging though when you watch what is going on with corners. I understand kids need to learn to corner as well when they are racing and I am all for it. If I roll and need to wait for a corner whether it be an adult or kid that is my problem not the corners. My fault for flipping etc and my screw up does not constitute and emergency on the corners part whether they are learning or waiting as to not interrupt other racers. They do a good job getting there as quick as they can. If they do not see it most spectators will let the corner know.

This this past Saturday was pretty bad as I heard 1 person just cry a river about a very young kid cornering and not getting to him quick enough and upright to continue his racing. It carried over to him spectating and whining about it. This person never cornered a race when he was done either.

Bottm line if you wreck or somebody spins you out which is usually an accident and you get an apology suck it up and move on. Don't whine and have a hissy cuz a kid learning did not get to you fast enough. You are the one to blame for wrecking 90% of the time. Encourage the kids learning to corner on what to do. Enjoy the hobby and have fun. We do not make a living from it.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trplcrwn5

+2 Couldnt have said it better myself. Its like they feel its the corner marshalls fault they didnt do well. REALLY? If you dont crash, you dont need them. Thankfully its only one person. not the whole turnout.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

I agree to the point where if you crash, it isn't up to the corner marshal to break his or her neck to gain you another second back. There were a few times on that old triple where I lost it and I prayed the kid on the bucket would wait until the triple cleared to attempt to turn me over, because no one wants to see anyone catch one in the kisser. I think for the most part, everyone tries to do a good job. I will say however, I have seen plenty of times where the younger kids are not paying attention, flip the car back onto its lid and run away without noticing, throw the car forward and straight back into the pipe, ect. Even though it's not a corner marshals job to save your behind, if you are out there to marshal, give it 100% to do the job right. I'm not saying they should be getting called out or yelled at by others, but people as parents can use those times to explain what they can do next time, to do their job as best they can. I could care less because I am not winning anything anyways lol, but if they are going to learn, it might as well be the right way.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by heinen81
I agree to the point where if you crash, it isn't up to the corner marshal to break his or her neck to gain you another second back. There were a few times on that old triple where I lost it and I prayed the kid on the bucket would wait until the triple cleared to attempt to turn me over, because no one wants to see anyone catch one in the kisser. I think for the most part, everyone tries to do a good job. I will say however, I have seen plenty of times where the younger kids are not paying attention, flip the car back onto its lid and run away without noticing, throw the car forward and straight back into the pipe, ect. Even though it's not a corner marshals job to save your behind, if you are out there to marshal, give it 100% to do the job right. I'm not saying they should be getting called out or yelled at by others, but people as parents can use those times to explain what they can do next time, to do their job as best they can. I could care less because I am not winning anything anyways lol, but if they are going to learn, it might as well be the right way.
Maybe 5-10 minutes could be set aside on race days to go over marshalling expectations with younger / newer racers to help coach them on what to do.

Complaining and yelling at others will only upset and drive people away from the hobby/sport. If we want things to improve we'll all need to contribute to help teach, learn and understand what to expect and what should be expected out on the track.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

A few months ago I brought a magazine to the track with a great article about corner marshaling. Ryan made copies of it and hung them up and put a few on pit tables. Apparently nobody cared enough to read it or forgot already. If you crash on your own and yell for a marshal right away you shouldn't be racing. I get irritated hearing people yell MARSHAL every few laps when I'm on the stand next to them. I know some could use improvement at their marshaling duties but if I get yelled at by the same driver repeatedly the next time I won't be in a very big hurry to get them.

Vaughn
Old 02-27-2015, 12:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rebel76
A few months ago I brought a magazine to the track with a great article about corner marshaling. Ryan made copies of it and hung them up and put a few on pit tables. Apparently nobody cared enough to read it or forgot already. If you crash on your own and yell for a marshal right away you shouldn't be racing. I get irritated hearing people yell MARSHAL every few laps when I'm on the stand next to them. I know some could use improvement at their marshaling duties but if I get yelled at by the same driver repeatedly the next time I won't be in a very big hurry to get them.

Vaughn
I read it Vaughn Now I just need to impersonate another adult while I explain it all to my 7yr old son so he'll actually listen to what I'm saying
Old 02-27-2015, 03:57 AM
Tech Elite

I read it too. Maybe a quick verbal lesson in both corner marshalling and driver self control would be in line at the next drivers meeting. Like I said before, its not an every race problem. But its just like any other track you have that "one guy" that starts screaming at the marshall if they arent correcting his vehicle before he even crashes.
I had to laugh when you said youve slowed down when you run into "the yeller". I do that too. Ive even stopped, looked at the guy before I pick there car up and said out loud " dont crash and you wont need me" which brought a loud cheer from the spectators. Apparently they were tired of him too.
Guess you have "that guy" in every crowd.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Stuff is always classy when I race there as well as other tracks. Just bugged me to hear it on the stand then carry over to the spectating. Talk to the kids and encourage them instead of frustrating them and scare them from wanting to be around the hobby. If that happens the hobby will lose people.

Keep it in perspective and dont get your undies in a twist over toy cars. everyone trys there best even the kids. Like I said we do not make a living from it so keep that in perspective as well. When the day is over we all had fun and get to go home after an enjoyable day of playing.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah I agree, screaming at people is not going to get you very far, young or old! and you hate to see a kid afraid to step back out there. Now as far as standing by the wall and screaming "CORNER!! CORNER!!" to my buddies marshaling to get them all flustered and scrambling... that is a lot of fun, but I see where it could be a bad example as well.... lolol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.