Search
Like Tree3Likes

Innovative Hobbies and Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D. Sallenbach
I was in the 4x4 mod race sat. A earlier post talked about how bad that race was. Im sorry I did not see or hear what was being talked about. The start was one of the best 4x4 starts in a while. I dont know about yelling at marshals. I did not hear that. As for yelling on the stand at other drivers. I know I ASKED a couple drivers if I could come through.Thanked them when they let me through. If I offended anybody im sorry. Other then that I didnt see a bad race. But I only saw what was going on close to the Shark truck.
Was a great day of racing. I have my own concerns about 4x4 racing. But its at every track. Innovative Crew Keep up the good work..
i never said it was a bad race, after the race I heard two different groups talking about all the cursing and how they dont want there kids in that and other's talking about people just plowing though people saying get out of my way, I was right next to all this and i was ready to blow and I just checked out of the race and right after I had to go outside to cool off a bit. I am hoping instead of Ryan having to kick people out and getting people upset and spreading bad things about his shop, instead maybe people can check themselves and realize there is other people there besides themselves.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by D. Sallenbach
I was in the 4x4 mod race sat. A earlier post talked about how bad that race was. Im sorry I did not see or hear what was being talked about. The start was one of the best 4x4 starts in a while. I dont know about yelling at marshals. I did not hear that. As for yelling on the stand at other drivers. I know I ASKED a couple drivers if I could come through.Thanked them when they let me through. If I offended anybody im sorry. Other then that I didnt see a bad race. But I only saw what was going on close to the Shark truck.
Was a great day of racing. I have my own concerns about 4x4 racing. But its at every track. Innovative Crew Keep up the good work..
It was not you Don, your a clean racer, I've raced with you at Victory. The 4x4 mod class is one of the hardest classes around due to the speed of the trucks but this Saturday was one of the worst races I've been in. I got into Neil and when the corner got us I waited and let Neil have the position which he had when I wrecked him, someone than proceeded to yell across the driver stand to get going and then pasted my truck. I know I'm not the best driver especially in this class but I do try my hardest not to wreck anyone. Innovative Hobbies is the friendliest track we have been to and I would hate to see that change. So let's all grow up and play well together!
Old 04-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Not trying to cause a problem..
A post said that the 4x4 mod main was Terrible. Im sorry guys I was on that drivers stand and I did not see or hear anything. Now I am old !!! And I have been told that I good at tuning my surroundings out. That being said.. We do need to watch what we say on and off the driverstand.. I myself really enjoy racing there. And all new 4X4 classes at a new track will go through some growing pains.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

Had a Great time Saturday.. Cant wait to race again.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

I wasnt there but was it maybe the stock Slash 4x4 race they are refering to? Don you run the mod 4x4.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

No it was the mod 4x4 race they were referring to, and no it was not you Don. You are a very respectful racer. Some people just get carried away, and they forget to remember that they are just toy trucks!

Levi
Old 04-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Rookie

I was there on Saturday and had a great time. I didn't race due to motor issues but my 9 year old son had his first race in stock slash 4x4. He did pretty good but got excited when he went from 10th to 4th. I had a talk with him about how there is going to be people faster than him becuase he is only 9 and just started racing in this class. I apologized to a couple of people if he did get in their way or accidently hit them. The great thing was they didnt seem to be to upset. This is the reason I extremely enjoy comming to Innovatine. Almost everyone I have met so far understands this hobby is about having fun and meeting new people. This kind of atmosphere is what promotes the hobby and keeps people coming back. The impression I get from reading this forum is this is the atmosphere Ryan and everyone else wants to sustain. My son and I can't wait for my next weekend off to race again with such a great group of people. See you on the 13th.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have always enjoyed racing at Innovative . This last Saturday seemed to go fine . The 4x4 mod main was a little more on the aggressive side but that is part of SCT racing . The speed and power of these trucks kinda lends itself to a little more rubbing .
Old 04-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

I missed something here, oh yea it was racing saturday. Dont worry I will be back this week with a new vehicle in the AE stable of mine. I will give you a hint what it is, it has 4 wheels and a body! (insert inappropriate body joke here) Anyway I will see you all there SATURDAY!

Vaughn
Old 04-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rebel76
I missed something here, oh yea it was racing saturday. Dont worry I will be back this week with a new vehicle in the AE stable of mine. I will give you a hint what it is, it has 4 wheels and a body! (insert inappropriate body joke here) Anyway I will see you all there SATURDAY!

Vaughn
oh boy Mommy Bought you a T4.2
Old 04-03-2013, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

Would there be an interest with anyone as far as seeing if Ryan would be open to a dirt oval somewhere out there? Maybe outside this summer or when he re-designs the track inside...incorporate an oval into the layout as well?
A few of us have been working on the short course late model conversions, and its been pretty easy and cheap. Basically take a 2wd short course truck, modify the front bumper and add a 1/8 scale late model body. They mount right up. Would be a fun division to run out there, as alot of ppl have these trucks sitting around, and its not expensive to do. Seems like alot of other tracks run a 13.5 setup in them, and use short course tires and wheels.

Heres mine so far, just waiting to mount the spoiler and apply the wrap.
Attached Thumbnails Innovative Hobbies and Raceway-photo.jpg  
Old 04-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Wooo race day tomorrow \o/. Workin' on the 1/8th scale now, hopefully going to actually win a race lol.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

Good nite of racing sat some people got a few points to help their season, to bad Tim broke that hurt him, maybe I should borrow Tim my truck for the last couple weeks. Had a talk with Ryan and he has some great plans for the outdoor track he has some really big idea's and he is really going to need help to get it all done, hopefully after this rain this week we get a little break in the weather and we can all get out there and help him
Old 04-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by larryh37wi
Good nite of racing sat some people got a few points to help their season, to bad Tim broke that hurt him, maybe I should borrow Tim my truck for the last couple weeks. Had a talk with Ryan and he has some great plans for the outdoor track he has some really big idea's and he is really going to need help to get it all done, hopefully after this rain this week we get a little break in the weather and we can all get out there and help him
Down for helping in any way. He mentioned some of the ideas to me as well, and I think it's got the potential to be a really special place to race. Could turn out to be VERY COOL!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation

I just dont think this track will ever be very succesful until there are rules to follow and inforced. There was a slash in stock slash 2wd turning laps in the 15's!!! Is that really possible with a stock titan 12 turn motor that hasnt been tampered with? I dont think so. All other tracks I run at the cars are teched each and every week some are before you put your car on the track before each and every race. Its just not fun when the same people are winning week after week. The races are usually not very close, there is usually one or two guys in each division that dominate every week so what chance do others have that are truly running to the rules?? If one or two guys keep winning with crazy faster times than the others maybe their cars should be looked at a little more in depth other than glansing at it and saying yep your good. Last but not least 17.5 class in blinky...are these motors or blinky mode ever checked before the race to see if they are really in blinky? I dont race in that class but I see once again two guys that win every week.....Just my thoughts ......Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.