Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
FORMULA R/C - Green Bay Parking Lot Racing >

FORMULA R/C - Green Bay Parking Lot Racing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FORMULA R/C - Green Bay Parking Lot Racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here's a list of the majority of what is required to convert the F109 to an F104, I'll update it if more is needed. I left out the ball studs for the steering blocks, as well as spacers for the kingpins. I believe that the 109 has different sized front bearings as well, so you may need those. For the 104 rim.

-Tamiya Parts bag "F" Suspension Arm/Front #51391 Approx $6.00
-Tamiya Parts bag "D" Battery Holder (Servo mounts) #51380 Approx $7.00
-Carbon Reinforced Uprights (steering blocks/axles)#54154 Approx $4.25
-Tamiya 5mm Ball nut Fluorine Coated(10peices. Only use 4 in front. The rest can be used on other places of the car) #53599 Approx $10.00
-Tamiya part "BA1" 3/12mm x2. screw Approx $2.00
-Tamiya part "BB2" 3/35mm x4 screw Approx $3.60
-Tamiya part "BB4" 3/6mm x4 screw Approx $ .69
-Tamiya part Titanium Coated kingpins #54160 Approx $11.50

Total $45.04
Old 06-29-2012, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

are there rain dates or are we just going to wait till the track is dry and run? i say wait.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Get wet

Hey there F1 fanatics.
I say run in the rain, just bag it up. If i remember I'll grab some rubber gloves, cut off the fingers, add a zip tie and you got water proof electronics (works great for the trail trucks). The majority of the video I've seen of Tamiya F104 running in the wet are using slicks, and look good doing it. Now obviously if theirs lightening we'd have to call it for safety reasons. If its just rain, I ain't scared, there's really nothing on the car that's exposed that'll get damages.
My two cents, Ferrari for the win!
Attached Thumbnails FORMULA R/C - Green Bay Parking Lot Racing-ga248.jpg  
Old 06-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JCRCRacing
are there rain dates or are we just going to wait till the track is dry and run? i say wait.
For all intensive purposes, the consensus was to run in the wet. Obviously, if there is a threat of lightning, we'd have to postpone the running, but we will try to get in the full sessions as long as light allows us.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

See the poster for tomorrows race.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1147724...eat=directlink
Old 06-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have to work 3rd shift tonight and won't be making it tomorrow to see what your club racing is all about.

Good luck to all racers tomorrow.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tracy B
I have to work 3rd shift tonight and won't be making it tomorrow to see what your club racing is all about.

Good luck to all racers tomorrow.
Too bad. Maybe we can catch you at another one sometime.

Nice Poster Tom!
Old 07-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What a great day of racing yesterday. Excellent racing in both classes. Good organization, tech went great, and resourceful when track issues arose (who would have guessed WATER would be coming up through the pavement?) Sorry we couldn't stick around to help tear down the track, we spent an hour at the auto parts store after racing and I still ending driving home on 5 cylinders instead of 6. Pretty sure almost everyone in the F1 field was on provisional pole at some point during the qualifying session! Pole position helps but Perry still got around me (twice!) at turn one! I got really lucky on several occasions in traffic with accidents and such...but somehow got through clean. The points battle is going to be epic, every position out there is earned the hard way!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Another great event with challenging competition.Thank you Formula RC!
Old 07-07-2012, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Hey parking lot racers.

If you are looking for shade, Cabela’s has E-Z Up’s on sale. 10x10 for $59.99, and a 12x12 for $89.99. I have been looking for a canopy for sometime and was just informed of this sale. No affiliation with retailer or product.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Home-...3Bcat104611680

Snowy.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

anybody have any pic's from this event??
Old 07-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys, just got back from a week in the North Woods of WI. Man it was a cooker. I thought that our last two race events were hot, lol. . I want to apologize for my not getting the points and race recap posted. I tried to get them up on Monday before I left, but with my having to pic up my Bro from the airport on his visit from Brazil, and my PC crashing TWICE after writing and typing the points down , I decided to forgo and do it when I got home, which is now. Please be patient, as they will be up within the next 24hrs. I promise that it'll be worth your wait . Also, if anybody who took pictures at these events would like to send them to me for the recaps, I would love to have them. You can just PM me and I'll send you my email from there.

Last Sundays races were epic for sure. Never thought the track would be bubbling water, lol. That will be addressed for further events.

@ Jeff - Yeah, the old RB8 had some great hole-shots. Think I got the diff just right. Was counting on your courtesy in braking to get a bit of room in the corner. I'll take any inch I can get when racing against you. Can't afford not to because I know you'll be leading in the end, lol.

@ Snowy - thanks for the heads up on those pop-ups. That's a good deal, and the shade has definitely been needed at the races. Hopefully a few people take advantage of it.

@ Terry - Working on getting some pics for you. Unfortunately, I don't get much time to snap shots while calling races, but others have provided some really great shots from the other events. I'm sure that they will be up soon.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

As promised, the latest race recap and points are posted on the website. Thanks to all that attended. We hope to see you all on the 22nd. Pray for cooler weather, lol. Click on the "Race day July 22nd" page for access
Link > www.formula-rc.com
Old 07-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

We had our post-race meeting last night, and it went well. There are going to be a few new, cool little things, added to the fun at the track for next time. We'd like to make sure that everybody PLEASE make sure that you clean up after yourselves prior to you leaving the track. There were quite a few cigarette butts laying around the pit areas. If you can, please bring a coffee can or container with some sand/dirt in it to dispose them properly, we would appreciate it. We will also try to have a few around for you as well. Thank you.
We're at T-9 days to the next race sessions 7,8 & 9. Get those rides looked over, and prepare for some more tight racing action
Old 07-13-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Next race

http://youtu.be/lcaFX9tcoR0

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.