Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
The Warp Series 2011/12 at TimeWarp Raceway >

The Warp Series 2011/12 at TimeWarp Raceway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Warp Series 2011/12 at TimeWarp Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If you go back a page in the thread, you'll see the results from Saturday. There were 5 heats of stock short course 2wd, 4 of 2wd stock buggy, and 3 of 4x4 short course. There is usually one heat of sportsman too. A 2wd short course is probably the best bet to get familiarized again.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I seen that... just was wondering on a consitant basis I guess. I just dont want to jump into a pool of sharks being a little fish ya know? I know how frustrating it can be to have someone who is less experieneced running with drivers of more skill level. See that happen all the time. LOL.

Looking for a place to fall in, learn some stuff, and then assess my skills first and see if I am ready to jump in with the big fish.

I was also wondering how much differently a 4x vs a 2x is going to be aside from the obvious. Is the future of this sport mostly trending towards the 2x races? And also... why would one want to run stock vs mod in 2x SC??? How far can the truck be modded and still considered "stock" or is that all just in the simple 4 rules on page one meaning motor, battery, ESC timing, and tire?
Old 11-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Stock 2w sc is the easiest to fall into there is a great mix of talent and fairly simple to get the hang of. For the size of the track mod doesn't make alot of difference just more out of control. 4x4 is a whole nother animal wicked fast and can be a handfull but hell of a lot of fun if you can hang onto it. Personally I'm a big fan of 2w buggy for learning curve if you can drive that and stay out of trouble you shouldn't have much issue with anything.

Nate
Old 11-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joliet Jake
I seen that... just was wondering on a consitant basis I guess. I just dont want to jump into a pool of sharks being a little fish ya know? I know how frustrating it can be to have someone who is less experieneced running with drivers of more skill level. See that happen all the time. LOL.

Looking for a place to fall in, learn some stuff, and then assess my skills first and see if I am ready to jump in with the big fish.

I was also wondering how much differently a 4x vs a 2x is going to be aside from the obvious. Is the future of this sport mostly trending towards the 2x races? And also... why would one want to run stock vs mod in 2x SC??? How far can the truck be modded and still considered "stock" or is that all just in the simple 4 rules on page one meaning motor, battery, ESC timing, and tire?
The best way to get back in is to show up on race day and race. A lot of good people here and they are always willing to help.
Stock sc and stock buggy are the biggest classes. There hasn't been a mod sc in quite some time so stock sc would really be the only option. Only difference really between stock and mod is motor. Make sure you get a 17.5 for stock and your set.
I would recommend staying away from 4wd for a beginner. It's a lot of motor and 4wd doesn't guarantee traction or better handling.
And don't worry about being in the way. Everyone was in the way at one time.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vicdamone11

So im gonna go ahead and say it…

AKA IMPACTS in SS = DIALED!!! (when the tracks dry n dusty…get some.)

The layout was cool and challenging, i think you guys are all going to like the newest layout a lot too. Lots of speed and some big air. It should be lots of fun.
I SECOND THAT. THE IMPACTS WORKED GREAT AT THE END OF THE DAY... NOW IF I CAN JUST KEEP THEM FROM FALLING OFF. LOL. CHECK OUT STOCK 2WD BUGGY A MAIN VIDIO AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

3rd round this Saturday!
Old 12-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Starts at Noon. Doors open at 10am.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Lets get a mini race going this time. Bring those minis!
Old 12-06-2011, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jwood7
Only difference really between stock and mod is motor. Make sure you get a 17.5 for stock and your set.
So the stock motor I got on my RTR B4.1 (Reedy 3300, a 13.5) wouldnt be allowed?

That said, finally got the gearing figured out. 87/20. I would've gotten a 18, but they didn't have any in stock. I can run a whole 5200 mah battery down without worrying about temps.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Steve737
So the stock motor I got on my RTR B4.1 (Reedy 3300, a 13.5) wouldnt be allowed? .
The stock class is limited to no less than 17.5 turn motors.

Looking forward to Saturday! Planning on being there for stock buggy and stadium truck.

Speaking of stadium truck, only a couple weeks til the 22t comes out! I wonder how much bigger the class will be after that.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

anybody want to race mod or stock truck . i just got mine running again and would love to race it. so if you have a stadium truck bring it with and lets have a ball. come on you know you want to
Old 12-09-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by matt d
anybody want to race mod or stock truck . i just got mine running again and would love to race it. so if you have a stadium truck bring it with and lets have a ball. come on you know you want to
Bring it out Matt! We had a couple heats of mod stadium a couple weeks back.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

How about a "B" main and a "C" main Stock SCT $1 bucket?????

Throw a dollar in the bucket of your choice.....
If you enter and you finish highest in that main from the bucket group, you win the bucket......

This gives the less than "A" main drivers something to shoot for in this large format..???

Thoughts?
I can handle the buckets if need be.....

Last edited by kevntri; 12-09-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kevntri
How about a "B" main and a "C" main Stock SCT $1 bucket?????

Throw a dollar in the bucket of your choice.....
If you enter and you finish highest in that main from the bucket group, you win the bucket......

This gives the less than "A" main drivers something to shoot for in this large format..???

Thoughts?
I can handle the buckets if need be.....
I would definitely be down for that
Old 12-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

On a similar subject, I still would like to see a marshall-less race sometime! Jimian is the expert, but if I remember correctly, it was $2 before the mains, run the track backwards, and either 50% of the pot or a trophy/prize went to the winner.

We didn't have 4x4 short course at the time that could just drive over everything though, so I'm not sure how that would be handled.

I dont know if the series thread is the right place to bring this up... Just throwing the idea out there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.