Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
TRACKSIDE Presents Saturday Fever Series >

TRACKSIDE Presents Saturday Fever Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TRACKSIDE Presents Saturday Fever Series

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
If you are going to a ROAR race and already had one then yeah it hurt you. If you are racing at a place that still allows it even though ROAR won't allow it anymore did it hurt you?

Tracks have to do what they need to do in order to survive. If a track followed ROAR rules to the letter do you think that facility would survive?
I guess it's all about how you look at it. In my opinion, roar doesn't act in a way that benefits the hobby. I understand that from time to time they have to make tough decisions but once they made a decision, it should be final. I don't think any stock drivers are racing to pay the mortgage so this was a uselessly harmful decision IMO.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I still believe that the sanctioning body, no matter who it is, should still be doing spot checks to make sure that items sold to the general public are still legal.

Then it is up to the manufacturer of said product to make sure their products they are selling are legal, i.e. good quality control, which in my opinion is what failed here.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Then it is up to the manufacturer of said product to make sure their products they are selling are legal, i.e. good quality control, which in my opinion is what failed here.
If this had been a QC error it would not have slipped by in my opinion. The larger wire would have incrementally added to cost. No product manager would have missed that.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Quality control can easily miss issues with copper wire...

Coming from an electrical background, I can tell you from my vast experience in dealing with copper wire that discrepancies in wire size and quality occur a lot more often than you think. With that being said, in most of all applications, this makes no real difference as small variations in wire diameter have no real effect on everyday motors(for example: do you really care or notice if your garbage disposal runs 100 RPM more than your neighbors?). Keep in mind that most, if not all copper wire is "drawn"(or at least that is the term that I was told) rather than actually milled to size. This means that copper is stretched from a larger diameter to achieve it's ending diameter. Now, I'm sure this can be done a number of different ways, and I am also sure that most manufacturers have certain tolerances that they must attain when producing this product. But we must keep in mind that most of our industry's motors are manufactured in China, where as I am sure most of you know the tolerances aren't always checked.

What I am getting at here is before anyone passes judgement on a person or entity, make sure you have all the facts.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by BuckMan
But we must keep in mind that most of our industry's motors are manufactured in China, where as I am sure most of you know the tolerances aren't always checked.

What I am getting at here is before anyone passes judgement on a person or entity, make sure you have all the facts.
When an extrusion die wears, the product that comes out of it gets bigger, that's a given, but so far, nobody else is having this QC issue. In my experience sourcing products from Asia, more material used = more $$ unless the process of removing material overcomes that difference.

We are all speculating here, nobody outside of Trinity is privy to all the facts.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

While I have my own opinions on the matter, I will stick to the facts.

The D3.5 based motors ( and those made by tuners ) are legal until further notice. We do follow the guidelines set forth by ROAR but are not married to their rules. Trackside is not a ROAR "track".

Looking forward to see everyone out racing!

Dont forget we are rebuilding the track this weekend! Any and all are welcome and appreciated to come out and help.

Thanks!
Wilde
Old 01-30-2013, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tufferwilde
While I have my own opinions on the matter, I will stick to the facts.

The D3.5 based motors ( and those made by tuners ) are legal until further notice. We do follow the guidelines set forth by ROAR but are not married to their rules. Trackside is not a ROAR "track".

Looking forward to see everyone out racing!

Dont forget we are rebuilding the track this weekend! Any and all are welcome and appreciated to come out and help.

Thanks!
Wilde
This is true. Novak has released a new ultra low resistance stator with oversize wire and hand wound for maximum wire pack. Also the motor can be built with 12.5mm rotor. Not even close to ROAR spec. Guaranteed the fastest 17.5 spec motor available. Jason will have some from the first batch shipping in time for the Showdown. Let the motor wars begin.

Keith.

Last edited by kghills; 01-30-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

So, it has come to this...

If someone feels the need to run an illegal motor to win, please do. It only shows that they need to cheat in order to win.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whitrzac
So, it has come to this...

If someone feels the need to run an illegal motor to win, please do. It only shows that they need to cheat in order to win.
Note: Its not illegal if the track says its not. You have to think about the consumer and the position ROAR put these track owners in.. I say if anyone that wants to go fast, should stick with mod.. Stock is stock no matter what, and the fast guys will always be fast.. Lets Race! Hope to make it to the next SNF
Old 01-30-2013, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TAMAK
Note: Its not illegal if the track says its not. You have to think about the consumer and the position ROAR put these track owners in.. I say if anyone that wants to go fast, should stick with mod.. Stock is stock no matter what, and the fast guys will always be fast! Lets Race! Hope to make it to the next SNF!
The d3.5 doesn't bother me.

Keith's comment on running an illegal motor that would not be anywhere near roar spec does...
Old 01-30-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by kghills
Let the motor wars begin.

Keith.
Let the migration to modified racing begin.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Let the migration to modified racing begin.
I tried that last year and it was an epic failure for me but I think I am going to try it again now that I am a year older and hopefully a little wiser.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 AM
Tech Lord

I'll see. Just the past few races I have gotten the SCT handling well enough to realize that I really am losing races to other guy's motors so it's time for an upgrade for me.

Where can a guy get a good buy on one of dem' D3.5's?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whitrzac
The d3.5 doesn't bother me.

Keith's comment on running an illegal motor that would not be anywhere near roar spec does...
Zac, it is a not to ROAR spec 17.5, and a really fast one. http://v2.teamnovak.com/products/ind...roducts_id=484

Still time to get one ordered up. However, if sales are good I would think we will see a non ROAR D4.0 soon? And maybe others?

Keith.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

No.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.