Wiki Posts
Search

Strictly R/C 2011 Racing Season

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Racing Sunday the 17th.

Will there be racing this Sunday the 17th? If so what are the costs and classes that will be running?
Old 04-13-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

first day when the track is set up is the Test and Tune day on may 1st
classes should be
17.5 open tc
f1
mini
VTA
rookie
that's if there are enough entries for the class you want to be in.
3 entries for a class makes a race.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

I will run Mod if there is a class. I will be happy running what ever tc class.

Is there going to be a spec tire again? Just asking Sweep "OG" spec tire is coming out soon. Plus The tires we used last year were really soft. If Solaris tires are spec is there 36 tire for when its hot? Just a thought about tires....
Old 04-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

jucha,

you get my pm??

thanks for the help

Matt
Old 04-13-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hello, New to the sport, strickly RC, and racing. I supose I would enter the rookie class since i never raced before. I do have some questions so i'm semi up to speed on May 1st. What would the rules be for the rookies? What kind of run times? Time between mains? Costs and any additional equipment needed? (Lap transponder,tire compound, etc.) Thanks
Old 04-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt M.
jucha,

you get my pm??

thanks for the help

Matt
Hey Matt.....No P.M. from you in my in box.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by peteyo
Hello, New to the sport, strickly RC, and racing. I supose I would enter the rookie class since i never raced before. I do have some questions so i'm semi up to speed on May 1st. What would the rules be for the rookies? What kind of run times? Time between mains? Costs and any additional equipment needed? (Lap transponder,tire compound, etc.) Thanks
Hello, May 1st is a going to be a practice day from 9-6 so the racers have a chance to dial there cars in.

You will need to have your own personal transponder. Come on out and we can go over the details with you that day.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It would be nice to dial mine in to. 17.5 for rookies too?

Last edited by peteyo; 04-13-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Somewhere I read that USGT had an option of 21.5 boosted or 17.5 without. Any truth to this or was it just suggested by someone? I'll be doing some "Strictly" this year, but my class is still undecided. Either GT or 17.5 open. After seeing my car down the back straight at Leisure yesterday, there is no need for me to run mod. WOW! Who knew a 17.5 could run like that??!!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bri from Chi
Somewhere I read that USGT had an option of 21.5 boosted or 17.5 without. Any truth to this or was it just suggested by someone? I'll be doing some "Strictly" this year, but my class is still undecided. Either GT or 17.5 open. After seeing my car down the back straight at Leisure yesterday, there is no need for me to run mod. WOW! Who knew a 17.5 could run like that??!!
Hey Brian,

We have not settled on USGT yet but probably will go by the current rule package with the exception of tires. They will run on a controlled hand out tire to help keep tire wear/cost down. Last season the 17.5 TC class had the largest following for what its worth.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by peteyo
It would be nice to dial mine in to. 17.5 for rookies too?
Rookie is a "run what you brung" class. So yes, you can use your 17.5
Old 04-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B.JUCHA
Hey Brian,

We have not settled on USGT yet but probably will go by the current rule package with the exception of tires. They will run on a controlled hand out tire to help keep tire wear/cost down. Last season the 17.5 TC class had the largest following for what its worth.
Just a suggestion... If you are going to spec the tire for USGT, announce it in the beginning of the season but wait several races to enforce it. I know all the pros/cons of spec tires and I've followed the debate in the USGT forum over this issue a while. But many racers (including me) already own a few sets of tires for this class, and imposing a spec tire will drive the cost up, not down for someone in this position. Delaying enforcement will give us a chance to wear those tires out. Also, I think the cars in this class are slow enough and the tire choices limited enough that the only tire "war" that will be raged is to see who can find the cheapest set that will do the job. RobK found he could mount a full set of Integy tires for around $10. If you spec a $30 set, you'll be forcing us to pay more. In following the debate over "to spec or not to spec," I get the feeling that the racers wanting to run this class are trying to do it as cheaply as possible.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I am currently investigating a Ride tire that retails for 14.99 MSRP for FOUR mounted tires and is available from Horizon distributors. We tried the tire with several drivers at the Scale Nats, and I want to test it on asphalt to see how long it lasts. Everything is looking good right now, so if it doesn't burn up on asphalt, it may be the USGT spec tire.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I bought a set of those Dynamite tires when they first came out a couple of years ago. I don't know how much they've changed since then, but I think they've gotten less expensive. I do remember them not having very much traction on asphalt but I don't know if I ever tried traction compound on them. One thing I did note though was that the rims at the time were pretty brittle. It's the only wheel I've ever snapped that way. Most nylon rims tweak a bit after a good whack but race on even if they are a bit wobbly. The spokes on the Dynamite rims cracked through and made the set unusable before the tread was worn. I know, I shouldn't be hitting those boards. Still, I hope the durability has improved.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Transponders...

What kind/brand of transponders are needed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.