Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
APPLETON GRAND OPENING RACE FEBRUARY 27TH >

APPLETON GRAND OPENING RACE FEBRUARY 27TH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

APPLETON GRAND OPENING RACE FEBRUARY 27TH

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I assume your talking about the trinidad wheels that have the same foot print as a regular sc rim but 17mm hex for when you want to switch between 1/8 buggy tires rims to normal sc tires and trinidad rims? You might want to clarify that to him. When most people here 17mm they automatically think of 1/8 scale size tires.
Heres my question . What tires are working at your track . If you have limited space and don't want people lugging a box full of tires in to the pit spaces. This would help limit it and make it easier for people that will travel up or down to your track.
Zero timing on the motor? So no turning of the endbell at all , this means it needs to stay on the Zero mark in stock? We all undrstand the ESC rule clearly .

Dynodan22
Old 02-20-2011, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

We had 9 1/10 buggies the other day. We haven't hit enough to have 2 heats of them yet (short course is the most popular) but there are enough to have fun with the competition that comes in.

I checked yesterday (but did not write it down, sorry) what some of the faster guys are running for tires. Soft compound (not super soft) AKA's and JC Concepts work well. Then it came down to drivers style who liked one tread over the other. Goose bumps came up a lot. The track is a moderate pack, ususally damp surface (which some loose area's on the edges). It is a technical track, so cornering is twice as important as forward speed traction (in my opinion).

For wheels, the rims must have the offset rim diameters typical for short course trucks. I wanted to speak with Bob yesterday on this to be specific for you, so hopefully he clarifies this this morning.

Motors must be on their factory (for that brand) timing marks. Any visible tampering or missing label is considered a modification.

This is a short course, technical track. There are a couple places where power help, but just look at the results of the better stock guys and the mod guys and you see pushing the equipment isn't really necessary. Motor timing is a cost versus gain battle that may have some advantage in long run courses, so I see no gain it in for indoor racing.

Thanks all.

Bill
Old 02-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

(For wheels, the rims must have the offset rim diameters typical for short course trucks. I wanted to speak with Bob yesterday on this to be specific for you, so hopefully he clarifies this this morning.)

The rims made by DE Racing with Shortcourse dimensions will be allowed. Changing the sidewall dimensions to 1/8th scale would allow a possible advantage by reducing sidewall flex. I believe this also makes the tires wear faster which we don't want so racing here can remain as affordable as possible.

Sooooooo as long as they are shortcourse size with the 2 different size sidewalls;

Outer Diameter: 4" (102mm)
Inner Diameter: 2.2"/3" (55.9mm/76mm)
Width: 1.7" (43mm)

All tires with the exception of Ribbed will be allowed for now.

Offsets will be allowed as long as you maintain the Roar legal dimensions for shortcourse.

I hope this makes it as simple as possible for everybody to race here. It is definetly not making it easy for us to stock tires and rims. As for what is working well on this track we are seeing enduros, double dees, bar codes and suburbs being used by many. The track changes slightly during a busy race night but holds moisture pretty good to remain tacky with a little loose dirt on the surface. It is not hard packed and does show some divets after a night of racing just like real off-road racing.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Slash tires

What about tires for stock Slash? Also do you have to preregister or can you just show up next Sunday and sign in?

Randy
Old 02-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by henry
What if you're running a 17mm hex conversion w/ SC wheels/tires like the wheels made by De racing. Would there be any issue with those?
I use the DE 17mm wheels on my both of my short course trucks. Any 2.2/3 SC wheels are allowed as long as you are within the 296mm width.

Stock Slash is stock slash tires only. No S1 compounds.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

No pre registration for this race and for prime pit space you may want to show up early
Old 02-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

Forgot to mention that Bill Magritz will be announcing and he will open doors at 8am
Old 02-20-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

Thank you for the clarification. The 17mm trinidad's are zero offset like the stock SC10 so i shouldn't be too wide.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Global hobby Distributors sent us a 2.4 ghz Airtronics 3 ch computer radio to add to the list of Raffle prizes.
All drivers will get 1 ticket and additional tickets can be bought throughout the day.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Is there a Stock SCT (RTR) tire that seems to be the top choice? Will any be available on sunday (unmounted)?
Old 02-22-2011, 03:34 AM
Tech Master

All tires mentioned above are on the shelf.

And a heads up, Saturdays we normally have the track and depot open until 8, but this week I will be in cleaning up floors and tables in prep for Sunday so I will be shutting the track down at 6. Parts area staying open will be determined by need.

Thank you for understanding.

Bill
Old 02-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
Is there a Stock SCT (RTR) tire that seems to be the top choice? Will any be available on sunday (unmounted)?
The "Sportsman SC" class the tire rules are any 1/10 SC tire besides the ribbed. In the beginning of the day when the track has more moisture most anything works. When it starts to dry out the Double Dees, Barcodes, Wishbones, Gridirons, or similar small pin tires for hard packed work best.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

So then it's the same tires as mod sct. I'll never buy a pair of SCT ribs so that's not an issue for me. I'm in for ~
mod 2wd buggy
mod SCT
Stock SCT
and I'm the crazy guy who would run 4 classes if enough 4wd buggy guys decide to try and run this track with a wheeler
Old 02-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KainK
The "Sportsman SC" class the tire rules are any 1/10 SC tire besides the ribbed. In the beginning of the day when the track has more moisture most anything works. When it starts to dry out the Double Dees, Barcodes, Wishbones, Gridirons, or similar small pin tires for hard packed work best.
Please clarify, Is Stock SCT a "sportsman class" or is it a Stock class, they're not the same thing!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm not sure if official rules have ever been published. I know when they were first building they stated they would form the rules to match up with who shows up. However, according to the class and race info flyer for RRA (on their website), Stock Short Course require RTR tires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.