Wiki Posts
Search

2011 MARCCA AND MONROE EVENT

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default 2011 MARCCA AND MONROE EVENT

Ryan and I have discussed the setup for this years event for a few days and here is the final low down on this years event.

All items will be equal at both tracks... everything.

Racing starts at ten a.m.

Four classes. Open SCT - Super SCT - Open Truck - Super Truck
The open classes are for the novice driver and the super classes are for the faster more advanced drivers. There are no equipment rules.

Clarification added... The comment of no equipment rules means normal MARCCA rules. This means only any standard short course tires for SCT and NO gyros in any class. Sorry for any confusion.

The statement was meant to mean that classes are based on driver abilities not what motor or shocks a guy is running. All hop up parts are allowed in any class.

Entry fees are $15 for the first and $10 for the second.

Trophies will be given to the top ten individuals in all four classes for the two dates combined. There is NO club trophy. Every man for himself.

All heats and mains will be six minutes.

Each track will only be running this event that day. Marcca will be closed the day of the Monroe race and Monroe will be closed the day the event is at Marcca.

The Marcca date is January 29th.

Racing at Monroe on February 5th.

Looking forward to another enjoyable time racing with my friends from Monroe. This event is always great fun and unites our two tracks and our common interest in RC racing. Hope to see you all at the tracks.

Last edited by marccaracer; 01-26-2011 at 01:17 AM. Reason: clarification of event rules.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Got a little Captain in ya??

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thats great Jeff
And just in case it reads like you have to be a monroe or marrca guy to attend that sure isn't the case. To me this is one of the two races that if you've ever wanted to try some carpet off road, you should put it on your calender.
I hear all this talk from the guys like the Oaks,tusants,cooks,jkauh,92verts,al elts,woodhouse,race em guys,LITH guys, dglomps, cooheads,koolwhips, that racing on carpet doesn't sound fun or they might try it but never hear of any good races to go to, well you have been informed. Both of these races will have very good turnouts (if history serves) and the competition should be stiff all across the board. Rules mean you will have the perfect combo in your car already and tires aren't really an issue so what are you waiting for get ready for saturday.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

[QUOTE=marccaracer;8545821]Ryan and I have discussed the setup for this years event for a few days and here is the final low down on this years event.

All items will be equal at both tracks... everything.

Racing starts at ten a.m.

The open classes are for the novice driver and the super classes are for the faster more advanced drivers. There are no equipment rules.
Entry fees are $15 for the first and $10 for the second.

Trophies will be given to the top ten individuals in all four classes for the two dates combined. There is NO club trophy. Every man for himself.

All heats and mains will be six minutes.

[QUOTE]

This interests me....
Old 01-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marccaracer

Where the Like Button.. Racing in its purest form, Run what ya brung....
Old 01-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think the no equipment rule means you can be either male or female.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mind_Blower
so which one are you????

all i know is i wish i was half the man/woman erik is!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hot rod rc
Thats great Jeff
And just in case it reads like you have to be a monroe or marrca guy to attend that sure isn't the case. To me this is one of the two races that if you've ever wanted to try some carpet off road, you should put it on your calender.
I hear all this talk from the guys like the Oaks,tusants,cooks,jkauh,92verts,al elts,woodhouse,race em guys,LITH guys, dglomps, cooheads,koolwhips, that racing on carpet doesn't sound fun or they might try it but never hear of any good races to go to, well you have been informed. Both of these races will have very good turnouts (if history serves) and the competition should be stiff all across the board. Rules mean you will have the perfect combo in your car already and tires aren't really an issue so what are you waiting for get ready for saturday.

What you talking about Race Em Guys Gilley??? You will never hear us say carpet aint fun!!! We love carpet! Some of us just like dirt more.. But never say carpet sucks!! im dissapointed in you gilley!! when i get up there your getting a door bump now!!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:31 PM
Suspended

What if somebody is both? Will they get their own class?
Old 01-25-2011, 10:56 PM
Tech Addict

Jeremy, you already know which I am!

Doesn't society already consider them their own class? And for the record, I'm jealous of them.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:12 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The comment of no equipment rules means normal MARCCA rules. This means only any standard short course tires for SCT and NO gyros in any class. Sorry for any confusion.

The statement was meant to mean that classes are based on driver abilities not what motor or shocks a guy is running. All hop up parts are allowed in any class.

If you have any questions please post them here so I can clarify things for you before you get to the track.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
so which one are you????
Originally Posted by GordonFreeman

I believe Gabe has volunteered to perform equipment inspections.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Got a little Captain in ya??

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raceemrc
What you talking about Race Em Guys Gilley??? You will never hear us say carpet aint fun!!! We love carpet! Some of us just like dirt more.. But never say carpet sucks!! im dissapointed in you gilley!! when i get up there your getting a door bump now!!
O just trying to call everyone out, give em that extra motovation to make these fun and exciting races once a year.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Is there practice for this event on Friday and can we use gyros during practice?

Keith.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

keith, if i can get bobby to drop you a body, could you bring it to me saturday??
Old 01-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've looked on the marcca website and I can't seem to find the address...

Does anyone have it? If so could they could post it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.