Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Welcome to the TimeWarp! HobbyTown USA Lake in the Hills >

Welcome to the TimeWarp! HobbyTown USA Lake in the Hills

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Welcome to the TimeWarp! HobbyTown USA Lake in the Hills

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
I will be racing 2WD and 4WD tomorrow night...I can't wait to run 2WD buggy after Shawn poisoned me with his last time..........for those who has Speed Passion question and concern, stop by and we can talk....

HT LITH should carry Speed Passion products shortly.....
Should I wait? What is shortly? I can drop by and pick one up from the store if they come soon.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

I have a used savox 1251 from my 22 if anyone needs one.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lmfcoa
Hey guys, I'm returning to RC and interested in racing the stock short course class. I'm picking up a SC10 Team Kit and I'm wondering if anyone has any tuning advice for the Hobby Town track.

Also do the HobbyTown guys offer any package discounts on gear? Since I'm literally having to buy everything

Kit
Motor
ESC
Radio
Servo
etc..

I'm in for a decent amount of cash up front and while I would like to keep my money at the LHS places like TowerHobbies with their coupons and online discounts in general are hard to pass up.
They have pretty competitive pricing there, and if you get a hobbytown card, you get coupons that can be applied to future purchases, race fees, etc. You'd pay tax through tower too, so there wouldn't be much, if any savings (especially if you pay any shipping). I'm not sure what they could do for a whole outfit, but Shawn over there could let you know and point you the direction of some of the hot setups.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmahhh
They have pretty competitive pricing there, and if you get a hobbytown card, you get coupons that can be applied to future purchases, race fees, etc. You'd pay tax through tower too, so there wouldn't be much, if any savings (especially if you pay any shipping). I'm not sure what they could do for a whole outfit, but Shawn over there could let you know and point you the direction of some of the hot setups.
as far as the factory team setup goes,the setup provided in the manual works very well at the timewarp.build it to the letter and take your time.get a tekin 17.5 system,run 84/25 gearing and a set of wish bone tires.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah the tax at Tower would stink, but since the coupons are reusable and they have the $50 of $300 that puts a big dent in the total cost and shipping is free.

I'll look into the HobbyTown card though and give Shawn a call.

Originally Posted by hanker71
as far as the factory team setup goes,the setup provided in the manual works very well at the timewarp.build it to the letter and take your time.get a tekin 17.5 system,run 84/25 gearing and a set of wish bone tires.
The Tekin 17.5 is what I was planning on with a MMP. I'll look into the tires and gearing.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TAMAK
Nice, maybe I should debut my Speed Passion short course tomorrow. We will see.
Actually, may be I should debut the SPEED PASSION SHORT COURSE TRUCK tomorrow......LOL

Nah...I will leave that to RCX instead.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobWoodhouse
Who has a strong feeling eigher way about using shorty packs in the 22 at the lith track?
I run one 100% of the time, but its not necessary. I run extra wieght anyway now. But now the new 90C Orion packs are the hot pack of the week.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Added the buggy to the purple and yellow brotherhood.....

Crap, I hope it's not the paint job that makes me slow.....
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to the TimeWarp! HobbyTown USA Lake in the Hills-080211152547.jpg  
Old 08-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Looking at trying a b4.1 and see if i like it better than the 22. Is anyone running the gear diff and whats the difference in driving as opposed to the ball diff.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kevins99
Looking at trying a b4.1 and see if i like it better than the 22. Is anyone running the gear diff and whats the difference in driving as opposed to the ball diff.
Typically a ball diff can be adjusted more easily, and a gear diff can handle more power. The associated hooks up more easily on low traction, but is not as stable with high traction.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:04 PM

Default Track size

Guys, I have a strange question (as if there is not enough if them on here). What are the dimensions of the track. I was out last week and checked out the track but forgot to measure the dimensions. I am working with one of the local track owners here in Arizona and was using HT LITH as a comparison. If I could get this information I would appreciate it

Thanks for your help
Ryan
Old 08-04-2011, 12:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobWoodhouse
I called the store and they don't have the speed passion line. I looked up some of the models -- there is a 2.0, a 2.1, a pro stock, carbon black, silver, blue, ex, pro -- started doubting if I knew exactly which one to get.

Is the store carrying Savox servos -- I guess I would get a 1251 or 1257.
I have a 1257 that currently doesn't have a home. If you want to try it Friday before you buy one I can leave it at the store for you to grab when you get there.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Typically a ball diff can be adjusted more easily, and a gear diff can handle more power. The associated hooks up more easily on low traction, but is not as stable with high traction.
I think both cars "hook up" the same. The setup has to change from track to track, round to round, for both. If you want a more stable AE car use heavier shock oil. Especially on a bumpy track. For LITH I'd use 27.5 or maybe 30 wt all around. On a bigger and bumpier track I would put in 32.5 all around and it was dialed The only difference I feel between the two is the way the losi shocks absorb the big bumps and hard landings.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by koolwhipman
I have a 1257 that currently doesn't have a home. If you want to try it Friday before you buy one I can leave it at the store for you to grab when you get there.
Thanks Koolwhip. I stopped by the store last night and grabbed a 1251. I also put in a request for some Speed Passion gear -- motor, ESC -- if the deal to carry the product line goes through.

MJK, I drove you b4 before, so I know its good. Doesnt it sound funny to run heavier oil on bumpier surfaces?
Old 08-04-2011, 04:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mjk1210
I think both cars "hook up" the same. The setup has to change from track to track, round to round, for both. If you want a more stable AE car use heavier shock oil. Especially on a bumpy track. For LITH I'd use 27.5 or maybe 30 wt all around. On a bigger and bumpier track I would put in 32.5 all around and it was dialed The only difference I feel between the two is the way the losi shocks absorb the big bumps and hard landings.
To me, the losi feels like it has a more balanced weight distribuition (less rear weight bias), or possibly just less weight transfer to the rear since its longer. I'm sure a lot of it comes down to driving style too, but I've driven 4 different 22's and a bunch of b4's, and my impression is that the losi doesn't have as much rear bite when the track dries out, but excels when its tacky because its more stable. I'm sure other factors come into play, but an example was Friday... you had a bigger advantage on me when the track was damp and higher traction than in the main when it dried out. I've heard the same opinion from other guys who have gone to 22's, but as I mentioned a lot probably has to do with individual driving style. Either way, its nice having options to choose from to suit everyone's personal preferences.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.