Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
2010/2011 Saturday Afternoon/Night Fever!!!! >

2010/2011 Saturday Afternoon/Night Fever!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010/2011 Saturday Afternoon/Night Fever!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BuckMan
Yes, we are finding that the larger track surface tends to dry a little faster than the smaller in back, thus, you get a better groove to the track than in years past. Thus, the softer compounds seem to be better the more groove there is.
Could just be that its so much bigger a room too. I hope last years tires work for the time being, that's all I've got for now!
Old 09-15-2010, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FaithRacing
With the Ofna Hobao Hyper 10SC 4wd SC truck now available as a RTR will those tires be allowed for the stock short course class?
Ahhhhh....the plot thickens

No, they will not be allowed because this is not a 2wd RTR.

Originally Posted by 74VWTECH
Thanks for the reply Buck on the tires for stock. see you on the 2nd.
No prob see you then!

Originally Posted by Davidka
Could just be that its so much bigger a room too. I hope last years tires work for the time being, that's all I've got for now!
You may be right, it may take us a few tracks to fully understand the new facility but at least the dirt is the same.... I do have all the tires that we have been running in the store now. It seems that the JC Blue barcodes are the choice of champions right now. However, I think a few are still running the golds, and getting around just fine.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

. It seems that the JC Blue barcodes are the choice of champions right now. However, I think a few are still running the golds, and getting around just fine.
No worries, Chad Due, Nick A., Steve J. and the other hot shoes have *never* beaten me because of an equipment advantage, though it would be a more convenient excuse for me.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Bar Codes seem to be the tire of choice for 1/8th scale too?
Old 09-17-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What time does the doors open for the races?
Old 09-17-2010, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AssocRacer
Bar Codes seem to be the tire of choice for 1/8th scale too?
I'm sure they will work fine, however, I do not have them in the shop yet.

Originally Posted by 74VWTECH
What time does the doors open for the races?
We'll have that figured out here by the end of the weekend....I'm assuming though that it will be 8 am.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Has there been any interest in a stock buggy class? Really don't want to run mod just yet. Also, how many entries are needed to make up a class?
Old 09-20-2010, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Jason wants to run stock buggy. We will miss the first race and two others due to the Hurricane series though.

Keith.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My son Chris will run Stock buggy , I was talking to others at the track to try to get a better turn out this year for the class. I let Chris run in Mod buggy , but we just end slowing up the other competitors. I like to keep him in just stock class this year to relax more and have a bit more fun. So bring that buggy out and lets get some stock buggy going

Dynodan22
Old 09-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tous7
Has there been any interest in a stock buggy class? Really don't want to run mod just yet. Also, how many entries are needed to make up a class?
Originally Posted by kghills
Jason wants to run stock buggy. We will miss the first race and two others due to the Hurricane series though.

Keith.
Originally Posted by dynodan22
My son Chris will run Stock buggy , I was talking to others at the track to try to get a better turn out this year for the class. I let Chris run in Mod buggy , but we just end slowing up the other competitors. I like to keep him in just stock class this year to relax more and have a bit more fun. So bring that buggy out and lets get some stock buggy going

Dynodan22
YES!!! Please do guys, Stock buggy can be extremely fun and challenging, but it seems that everyone that has a buggy wants to just go fast. Trust me, Stock buggy is really fun, and it can be fast enough for the majority of drivers out there....a great second or even third class as well.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

For all those that were not in attendance Friday night, the doors will open at 8am on the SANF dates.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

nice. im in . in november
Old 09-21-2010, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

do you think the barcodes/wishbones/beams will be good SC tires for mod class? I want to pick up some tires for the class but don't want to end up buying the wrong ones.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Location: Naperville, Illinois- on to Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana Racetracks!
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

YES!!! Please do guys, Stock buggy can be extremely fun and challenging, but it seems that everyone that has a buggy wants to just go fast. Trust me, Stock buggy is really fun, and it can be fast enough for the majority of drivers out there....a great second or even third class as well.
I'm tenatively planning on running 13.5 Truck and either stock buggy or short course ... but to be honest, if there is going to be a consistant buggy class, I'd rather run that!

Also depends on if they'll be allowing xxx-sct conversions in stock short course....?
Old 09-21-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The xxxt-sc is allowed . I am running one in stock class with rtr tires.
You will still need to use rtr tires with the class. I like the xxxt-sc more than
my blitz just because of the abilty to jump so much better. We don't have a 13.5 truck class, it's mod class for truck , so bring that buggy out more the better and a great way to warm up for the spektrum off road championship

dynodan22

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.