Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
2010 1\10TH SCALE TRI CITY CLASSIC SERIES >

2010 1\10TH SCALE TRI CITY CLASSIC SERIES

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 1\10TH SCALE TRI CITY CLASSIC SERIES

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

i like the points with out throwouts! thanks bob for helping with the points!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Got a little Captain in ya??

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i'm thinkin I want atleast one more shot at JC
Old 08-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

i my buy a truck 4 stock also! at least 4 the showdown.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am going to have to try even harder now that I have given up my special powers.
You guy's will see and probably laugh.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twelvegauge
I am going to have to try even harder now that I have given up my special powers.
You guy's will see and probably laugh.
Special Powers.

Haircut?
Old 08-07-2010, 02:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobWoodhouse
Special Powers.

Haircut?
I have an interview at Rochell Foods for a maintenance electrician job.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by twelvegauge
I have an interview at Rochell Foods for a maintenance electrician job.
Awesome.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey everyone,

I know some of you have heard that the great County of Winnebago was trying to shut down the track.. We have applied for a "Special Use" permit which will allow us to continue to operate the track with no problems. Now, this permit is very complicated to get. We must go thru a "Public" Hearing in front the the Zoning board. This is a Public hearing, so any residents around can come and protest the permit.

So, Race Em has a few favors to ask everyone who would like to see a R/C Track to stay in the Rockford Area, and run sactioned racing. First and foremost, the Hearing is September 8th at 7pm in Downtown Rockford. The more people we can get to show up, the better off we will be. Kids, wifes, moms and dads, we need every single one of you to help support the Club and track!!

We also would like to get a petition going on the forums.. This can't be like a normal petition. What I am asking, is if you could please take 5 minutes of your time to send me and e-mail, or a PM. Stating the reasons why Race Em would be a good thing to the community, and benifit the area. Why this track is so important to every single person here. Please include your e-mail, phone number, and address. The more we get the better chance we will have with the permits..

I understand that there has been some concern with the Tri City Race. I have heard quite a bit of people say that they want to run at Race Em. So I have talked with Yoder. What we are going to do is set a date in mid October for the Closing race for the Tri City. Probably Oct. 17th. Now with this permit stuff, we are also going to have a back up track. More than likely Marengo. SO if something happens and we do not get the permits, we will notify everyone and shift the race to marengo.

If there are any questions please feel free to contact me. We would really appreciate it if we can get the whole R/C Community together on this one and keep a track alive in the Greater Rockford area!

Thanks for everything in advance!!
Old 08-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raceemrc
Hey everyone,

I know some of you have heard that the great County of Winnebago was trying to shut down the track.. We have applied for a "Special Use" permit which will allow us to continue to operate the track with no problems. Now, this permit is very complicated to get. We must go thru a "Public" Hearing in front the the Zoning board. This is a Public hearing, so any residents around can come and protest the permit.

So, Race Em has a few favors to ask everyone who would like to see a R/C Track to stay in the Rockford Area, and run sactioned racing. First and foremost, the Hearing is September 8th at 7pm in Downtown Rockford. The more people we can get to show up, the better off we will be. Kids, wifes, moms and dads, we need every single one of you to help support the Club and track!!

We also would like to get a petition going on the forums.. This can't be like a normal petition. What I am asking, is if you could please take 5 minutes of your time to send me and e-mail, or a PM. Stating the reasons why Race Em would be a good thing to the community, and benifit the area. Why this track is so important to every single person here. Please include your e-mail, phone number, and address. The more we get the better chance we will have with the permits..

I understand that there has been some concern with the Tri City Race. I have heard quite a bit of people say that they want to run at Race Em. So I have talked with Yoder. What we are going to do is set a date in mid October for the Closing race for the Tri City. Probably Oct. 17th. Now with this permit stuff, we are also going to have a back up track. More than likely Marengo. SO if something happens and we do not get the permits, we will notify everyone and shift the race to marengo.

If there are any questions please feel free to contact me. We would really appreciate it if we can get the whole R/C Community together on this one and keep a track alive in the Greater Rockford area!

Thanks for everything in advance!!
What track needs the permit? Outback?
Old 08-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by koolwhipman
What track needs the permit? Outback?
No. Race Em is the track of this topic today. May they succeed!

Just for future reference:
Outback has various prevention and fallback plans for such circumstances if they were to ever arise in Marengo. Currently, in Marengo, the risks of 1) serving food and 2) having a fee could both be eliminated. In McHenry County, the board greatly dislikes special use permit issuance, it seems. So, I would retreat to making them racing "parties" or whatever. It seems that an event held twice monthly or less likely is viewed as a non-business.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BobWoodhouse
No. Race Em is the track of this topic today. May they succeed!

Just for future reference:
Outback has various prevention and fallback plans for such circumstances if they were to ever arise in Marengo. Currently, in Marengo, the risks of 1) serving food and 2) having a fee could both be eliminated. In McHenry County, the board greatly dislikes special use permit issuance, it seems. So, I would retreat to making them racing "parties" or whatever. It seems that an event held twice monthly or less likely is viewed as a non-business.
You forgot Prevention #3 Don't run nitro and make the neighbors mad.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Steve C
You forgot Prevention #3 Don't run nitro and make the neighbors mad.
Well, that was a preventive step (actually, I wouldn't have had nitro even if I had no neighbors -- class dilution, less focus).

What is cool to me is that we now have more tracks -- Race Em, Maple Acres, coming LITH HobbyTown, Dirt Dawgs, ..., so it is possible to run a little less at each track, or have a backup track if one gets thumped for a bit.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If there is any way to have this rescheduled race on the 24th, it would be nice.
JC will not be able to make the 17th do to his honeymoon.
I know this is asking for a lot and if it can't be moved that's fine.
Thanks
Bob Oaks
Old 08-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

It would be nice to lay out the plan. Also, with a last race late in the season, we should say in advance what happens if only 5 races get run (drop 1 race instead of 2, etc.).

If we don't run TriCity on Sept 12th, which I think is a given, I suggest a run at the Maple Park track in Sycamore as a non-series race, just to see the same faces. That is just my personal opinion and where I will be.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Do we know for sure where and when the next race of the series will be ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.