Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Slash Racing at Leisure Hours Raceway >

Slash Racing at Leisure Hours Raceway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Slash Racing at Leisure Hours Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubba Cola
Guys we do offer a stock SCT class. Just no one has ask too run it.
So if a person runs this class, can they then run their lipos? How about the penalty for rough driving?
I dont believe it is due to the way the slash handles. If you put the right shock oils in they handle pretty good.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

If the ROAR stock sc class is run i will be there.... I do not want to buy sub c cells to run my truck... 17.5 and a lipo is fantastic... probably be a nice size class too.. once people realized it is offered
Old 02-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Have the Stock SCT Class go by ROAR Rules with 2 exceptions: a treaded SC tire must be used, any SC stock motor, 27t brushed motor, or 17.5 brushless motor can be used. You would be allowed to run Slash tires on a Blitz or SC10 vice versa, run a Slash motor in a SC10 vice versa, you get the idea.
I understand LH wants to keep the Stock Slash Class for beginners but having this battery rule doesn't save them money, LiPo batteries and chargers are almost as cheap as NiMH nowadays and they would only need one LiPo-that would save them money.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Back on topic now.
The one lap penalty for hacking would be fair, but these actions happen in every class so implement it for every class.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chimer
Back on topic now.
The one lap penalty for hacking would be fair, but these actions happen in every class so implement it for every class.
+1 i agree with this
Old 02-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Back on topic now.
The problem is that "hacking" can be a judgment call.

Is it possible to have negative laps in a race? If so, there would be a lot of slashes with that problem.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 071crazy
The problem is that "hacking" can be a judgment call.

Is it possible to have negative laps in a race? If so, there would be a lot of slashes with that problem.
That would be fine if thats whats needed. There is a difference between "bad handling" and out right hacking. I think all who have raced slash have seen it. We have all heard John asking for clean driving I just suggest a penalty system to try and stop the hack style of driving. As far as the batteries I like the nimhs as its less for someone who is on a budget.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Location: Naperville, Illinois- on to Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana Racetracks!
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Originally Posted by hotrodchevy14
That would be fine if thats whats needed. There is a difference between "bad handling" and out right hacking. I think all who have raced slash have seen it. We have all heard John asking for clean driving I just suggest a penalty system to try and stop the hack style of driving. As far as the batteries I like the nimhs as its less for someone who is on a budget.
Great idea, but VERY hard to implement! I mean... who decides!? What if 2 cars are driving really rough for the lead... do you have them both hold up for a lap? Maybe if more then 2/3 of the race asks after the race, someone can have a lap deducted (then again, why wouldn't 2nd place on down want to knock the leader down a lap!? lol).

As for the Stock Slash, I like the class, but the 3800 rule is just silly. You can get a brand new lipo cheaper then one of those 3800 sport packs. There's no savings.... I don't get that rule AT ALL.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

At Trackside Scotty uses a "Stop and Go" penalty. It seems to work very well. The thing is that his track is 1/4 the size of LHR. It's much easier to see the entire race...and he runs around 8 vehicles in a heat/main. The question becomes who gets the penalty? Do you have 2 sets of rules? One set for leaders and abother set for those back further back in the pack? I don't run SC any longer but I see what happens when I'm out with my truck/buggy. The general lack of respect for any driver is getting way out of hand. I've heard lots of complaints about the rough driving of 1/8 scale from SC drivers. But those same drivers will gladly run over my truck/buggy given the chance. It goes back to something a former instructor told me many years ago "How you practice is how you race". Someday many, and I say many because not all SC drivers are hacks, SC drivers will learn thats is easier to check-up than it is to deal with crashing and sometimes to get ahead you need to get along.

Not flamming anyone....just my .02
Old 02-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubba Cola
Guys we do offer a stock SCT class. Just no one has ask too run it.
Wait a sec?!?!? Since when? I called up there at the beginning of the indoor season since and asked about a "stock" SC class and was told point blank no, there's Spec Slash and Open Mod. If you have anything besides a Slash you'd have to run in Open Mod. The only possible exception was the Strike. If that's not the case please let me know and I'll be coming up on a regular basis!

And as other's have mentioned Scotty @ Trackside has a great set of rules for Stock SC. You can do pretty much anything to the chassis you want but the truck must retain the gear diff, tires are limited to the kit SC10, HPI, Slash or Strike tires and any 17.5 or kit motor. This worked wonderfully for the Spektrum race in December and was a ton of fun.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

The judgement call would have to made by John or whoever is announcing the race, if he doesn't see it you get away with it. I think that is the only fair way to do it. You can't cry about it after the race if he didn't see it!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Wait a sec?!?!? Since when? I called up there at the beginning of the indoor season since and asked about a "stock" SC class and was told point blank no, there's Spec Slash and Open Mod. If you have anything besides a Slash you'd have to run in Open Mod. The only possible exception was the Strike. If that's not the case please let me know and I'll be coming up on a regular basis!

And as other's have mentioned Scotty @ Trackside has a great set of rules for Stock SC. You can do pretty much anything to the chassis you want but the truck must retain the gear diff, tires are limited to the kit SC10, HPI, Slash or Strike tires and any 17.5 or kit motor. This worked wonderfully for the Spektrum race in December and was a ton of fun.
The racers who spend their hard earned $$$ at LH should be the ones who decide what classes to run!
+1 That's what I was told also. My buddy showed up with a DTX 3800 and couldn't use it because the batteries were arranged side by side and not a "stick" pack, they were the same batteries in the stick pack but arranged differently!! BS!!!!!!!! Take that battery rule and chuck it!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Chimer; 02-22-2010 at 08:40 PM. Reason: not done yet
Old 02-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

The racers who spend their hard earned $$$ at LH should be the ones who decide what classes to run!
+1 That's what I was told also. My buddy showed up with a DTX 3800 and couldn't use it because the batteries were arranged side by side and not a "stick" pack, they were the same batteries in the stick pack but arranged differently!! BS!!!!!!!! Take that battery rule and chuck it!!!!!!!!!!!
good question. As long as they are'nt matched packs, what difference does it make if they are side by side or stick? I am sure theres an answer out there. Also agree with you on John or who ever announces is the one to make the penalty call.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well here's the thing for me. Being 2-2 1/2 hours away if there's a chance I can't race I'm not going to drive. If there's going to be a Stock/Pro Stock class then I'll come up. But that's one hell of a drive if there's no class to run.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Well here's the thing for me. Being 2-2 1/2 hours away if there's a chance I can't race I'm not going to drive. If there's going to be a Stock/Pro Stock class then I'll come up. But that's one hell of a drive if there's no class to run.
which truck do you have? I think the losi should be allowed to run with the stock slash, it has the same motor just a different label.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.