Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
New Indoor Track in Springfield, IL >

New Indoor Track in Springfield, IL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Indoor Track in Springfield, IL

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OWTKAST cpt
Thats just PERSONAL... opinion.. im not body nor am i affiliated with the track. We ran that out in California and it was a nice class.... im just throwing out ideas.
Way to get my hopes up man, way to get my hopes up...lol.

Yeah, totally not a fan of the kit motor classes but will run that if I have to.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I think the 17.5 is a fair motor. PLUS you can run it in ROAR other places.

Sc10 out handles a slash
Blitz has a faster motor and might not handle as great as the SC10 but darn close.

Spec class is hard.. and after awhile just not practical.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

Blitz... might not handle as great as the SC10 but darn close.

I'll take that bet
Old 01-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

So when people reach the right portion of the track, does everyone run across the drivers stand to see their cars?
Old 01-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adim_X
So when people reach the right portion of the track, does everyone run across the drivers stand to see their cars?
if ur going off the youtube vid.. i understand.. it's an L shape and the stand is where the 90deg would b so,u see the track ..
Old 01-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Customworksking
if ur going off the youtube vid.. i understand.. it's an L shape and the stand is where the 90deg would b so,u see the track ..
Road Rage Hobbies and Raceway in Green Bay used to have an "L" shape like this. It actually worked out fine, just took some getting used to. Granted that was carpet vs. dirt but I can't see how it would be all that different.

Adapt and overcome
Old 01-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I stopped by the track tonight. The driver stand is up and you can see everything perfectly. It is in the back corner opposite what appears in the video to be a blind corner. The structure you see in the video that overhangs the straight isn't the stand. The stand is opposite side of track. It's been forever since I raced RC and back then I was a kid with an RC10L pan car if that tells you anything. I hope to give it another shot though. I didn't know anything about the track untill I found this post last night. Dirt was frozen but I wished my little nitro rustler was running. Do people race the 2wd nitro trucks? I really would like to try it again. Anyway, hope this settles your minds about where you stand so that you can see the track clearly.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Rookie

I was there last saturday running Ve8, T4 and RC18.... holeshots seemed to work ok.. guy running the show was super cool.... hope he keeps the program very noob friendly, with more emphasis on fun than hard core rules...

T.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tmohr
I was there last saturday running Ve8, T4 and RC18.... holeshots seemed to work ok.. guy running the show was super cool.... hope he keeps the program very noob friendly, with more emphasis on fun than hard core rules...

T.
TMohr...Tim???
Old 01-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

RC Gary.. what are we betting on exactly.... SC10 is lots better or blitz isnt near or close or what?? lol.

Holeshots worked good?????? i wouldnt have saw that.. maybe i will try some more tires out this week.

WHO IS RACING SUNDAY the 17th??? supposedly that is the first race day.

Im going to ask that even though its an electric day we can run 8th scale buggy since its the first day... and thats all i have.lol
Old 01-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

PS... i will be there saturday... weather and cash providing with my Ve8.. anyone else want to join in the 8th scale fun?
Old 01-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

RC Gary.. what are we betting on exactly.... SC10 is lots better or blitz isnt near or close or what?? lol.
l
That the SC10 Is a lot better than the Blitz. Having won the Stock SC Class at the Spektrum Race last month with a Blitz over a field of SC10's I'm leaning towards the Blitz being faster
Old 01-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Rookie

yo Hey Gary...... haven't seen ya since iHobby, hopefully see ya at Deweys sometime..... hope you've been doing well..... and I'm with you on the Blitz.... while i'm very partial to HPI/HB, all it takes is one pack through a Blitz to know it's no joke....

Holeshots worked better than i thought they would, and felt totally awesome in 2wd truck (and i didn't expect anything to grip well on that cold semi-dusty clay)... seemed to have great mechanical grip (warmed, scrubbed, 75/25 buggy grip/JTG, PL closed cell over bombs)... but like any new track, tire of choice is likely to change while the track settles and gets grooved up...

on the 8th scale, i tried inside jobs, khaos's, scrubbed city blocks, and grid irons, and none felt very good to me.... i had 8th scale holeshots with me, but i didn't get around to trying them... would also like to try megabites and the panthers out there....

in 18th.... all i had was PL bowties, they didn't feel very good.... and really it was simply survival making a lap with an RC18.... LOL....

T.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

ROLLCALLL for this weekend...

I'll be there with a buddy.. My Ve8 his 4wd slash.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are the opening hours still 12 on Sunday?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.