Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Race Em R/C---- Rockford, IL

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by d8tforme
Well just to add a little bit to what Justin said we plan on running a slash class as we are very intreasted in running that ourselves.As far as a 1/10 elecrtic class we will judge that on the turn out but mainly 1/8 scale and what ever 1/10 scale comes will be run together.These guys have alot of great ideas but the focus this year is track prep and support so lets make this happen and support your local track .
Dan is correct except we won't have to run them together if we get a good turn out. We will need at lease 4 of each to make a class. I do not like running 1/10th scale with truggies. It is very frustrating for the 10th scale guys, I know, I have been there. But yes, we are really hoping that we get a good turn out for the slash's. I was running one out there last night and it is actually pretty fun!! Makes me want to go buy one!

By the way, I am working on a little video of a bunch of pictures and a walk around the track. I will post it up on you tube when I get it done and let everyone know.

Thanks again for all the support Guys/Gals!

Hot Rod, Thanks for the input, but a little pricey for what we can spend! Like I said before, we have a engine, I am just looking for a pump. Hec, if the bearings are burned up, I will still take it. Bearings are cheap! But I thank you for keeping Race Em in your thoughts when you are shopping! I love that store!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Just had a guy say somthing about a 1/10 electric in another thread and if that's what you have please don't let that deture you from coming out as you are more then welcome to come out and race/play. You will get track time as we run a tank and marshal a tank or battery .
Old 07-31-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

Hey just wanted to let everyone know that on saterday we will be doing alot of track work like getting the parking field seeded and smoothed . Also we will be changing a few areas on the track that we think could be improved . So if you would like to help we will be out there during the day and hopefully we will get some good play time on sunday. Feel free to stop out and check us out . Call Justin for more details or if you would like to lend a hand or have a donation like track supplies .
Old 08-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys/gals...

Well we got a lot done today.. We got a big parking area seeded. We also got the track looking really good!!!! I rented a plate compactor today and we got every jump re-faced and compacted. They look really nice! Most of the loose parts are gone. We will have water for the track tomorrow. So it should be a very fun day of racing!!!! Hope to see everyone out here tomorrow. We will be running from 12-5ish.. Any questions please call me!!

Thanks again,

p.s. The website should be up and running by the end of the weekend.. All depends on how much time I spend on it instead of the track!
Old 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

Well looks like it's going to be a great weekend in the mid 90's ! Also looks like a chance of rain on friday so that would be perfect .
Old 08-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys, the name is Mike, I live nearby so I might try making it over there sometime?
Old 08-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Holy crap...I go away for a little while and look what happens. Justin, I'm happy to see that things are finally working out well for you and your crew. My son and I helped wash cars at the car wash last year (or was that two years ago now??) on Riverside. He and I were both saddened to see that nothing ever came of the track idea. Isn't the current location the same location that you started off looking at in the first place long ago? Unfortunately we will be out of town this weekend, but we look forward to meeting up with you guys again soon.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

H20, Yes we were looking at this land a while ago. It is actually my Grandfathers. But I knew that there was going to be sewer and water going into Lakewood Hills and that there was thought of all the fill was going to be hauled into this field. That is why I did not push it that hard. Did not want to build it and have to be forced to close for a year and a half. But we can not wait to see you and your son again.. We also need to get a car wash together again!!

Hey everyone, the website is up and running. Go check it out and let us know what you think! I am working on getting a Forum attached to the site. Should be up soon. And I am always adding pics to it to.

www.raceemrc.com

Thanks again,
Old 08-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

website looks good
Old 08-05-2009, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raceemrc
Hey guys/gals...

Well we got a lot done today.. We got a big parking area seeded. We also got the track looking really good!!!! I rented a plate compactor today and we got every jump re-faced and compacted. They look really nice! Most of the loose parts are gone. We will have water for the track tomorrow. So it should be a very fun day of racing!!!! Hope to see everyone out here tomorrow. We will be running from 12-5ish.. Any questions please call me!!

Thanks again,

p.s. The website should be up and running by the end of the weekend.. All depends on how much time I spend on it instead of the track!
How did the plate compactor work -- was it better than a roller. Was it hard to push uphill or around banked turns?

Its probably about time for weeds to start thinking about sprouting up -- don't let them get too far.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The compacter worked great. It went up the jumps with just a bit of help. It made the transitions nice and smooth. I hope it will help with wash out.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Shannon is right. It actually did very well. And the weeds are already dieing... We have sprayed most of the track already for them. I have contacted TrackMoist and should be ordering a bottle from them really soon. Stuff sounds pretty amazing. That will help out a million with the track conditions..

Thanks
Old 08-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey everyone,

Justin just got a Guest book on the website for everyone to post comments and questions. We will keep this updated as far as run times go and everything else. He is currently working on the forum. He said it takes quite a bit to get a forum up and running. So please just post everything on the Guest Book for now. Thanks for everything guys/gals.

Thanks,

Shannon Werntz
Race Em R/C
815-543-4040
Old 08-06-2009, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raceemrc
Shannon is right. It actually did very well. And the weeds are already dieing... We have sprayed most of the track already for them. I have contacted TrackMoist and should be ordering a bottle from them really soon. Stuff sounds pretty amazing. That will help out a million with the track conditions..

Thanks
Great. I know the JTec track like the TrackMoist. For my dirt, it is so loose and pourous that the TrackMoist doesn't really keep it wet longer, but it does seem to delay the rising up of the dust as the track dries out. So I use it, but it is just a slight improvement on my dirt. The TrackMoist guys caution against using too-concentrated a solution -- I have been using a 55-gallon drum with an electric pump and mix in 1 teaspoon of Trackmoist per 55 gallons.

Good on the weeds. Those weeds can really turn back the clock on your hard work.

What do you envision RaceRC Race Track to be doing from week to week in say 2 years from now?
Old 08-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Addict

Hey guys and gals i will be out there sunday and would like to encourage you to come out and join me for some racing fun .Sounds like the track is dialed and ready for us to play so please let me know if you can make it as i would like to meet new racers and just have some fun. remember the racing is free for all and alot of work has been done to make sure it's perfect Justin and Shannon worked all last weekend to make the final adjustments and should be a great time so let us know if you want to come out sunday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.