Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Oshkosh new Off-Road track at speedzone >

Oshkosh new Off-Road track at speedzone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oshkosh new Off-Road track at speedzone

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

what kind of classes have been running? I am getting a 10/th buggy, ether stock or mod.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Last week we had Stampede, Slash Stock, CORR Mod and 1/10 electric.

We will run Monster and other class's based on attendance (if you bring it, it will run).

Bill
Old 06-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

Default What is a gearbox? XXX XXXT B4 T4?

What do you consider to be a gearbox?

Originally Posted by RevolutionRW
I intend to run gearbox but I figured they would carry the indoor rules outside which I think are 17.5 and 2 cell lipo are the norm or 27 turn stock with 6 cell as an option.

It also sounds like there will be a few rookie 1/8th scale drivers every week, including Jason W., Luke and Jeff Scruton and possibly Jason M.

Either way show up and we will find somewhere for you to be placed. Keep in mind this is a start-up season and we have no idea what or how many will show up.

I also ask that people be patient about layout and surface conditions. We can make it better as we go by peoples requests and the amount of people turning out will determine the amount of effort we put in also. If we have a good turn out this year we will invest more time and money in making the facility better next year.

Thanks all for the excellent help setting up so far
Bob

Last edited by myrock; 06-17-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

We consider "gearbox" to be 1/10 scale, electric, two wheel drive trucks and buggys. Nitro's are then "Nitro Gearbox".

So yes, RC10T4's, XXX and their buggy counterparts are gearbox rides. We will run separate class's for 5 or more of one flavor (i.e if 5 buggy's show up, they can run a separate class).

Remember to be on site by 12:30 for registration, runs start at 1.

Bill
Old 06-20-2009, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

Looks to be a great day for Racing! Ground will be too wet to do any household chores anyway, bring out the toys and lets run!

See ya at the outdoor track!

Bill
Old 06-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Wow, what a great day of racing. Lots more this week and it is fun getting back to sub mains bumping to the "A".

I gotta say, having Willy womp up on all that newer technology with an ancient T-Maxx was quite a grin. Too bad he couldn't stay around all day.

Congrats to all.

Now- plan ahead for July 4th. We will have our normal schedule of racing, plus trophy hand out for the last season. PLUS, for each person registered, you will get a coupon for a free burger at the concession stand.

So, a special day, with a special treat. What more could you ask for from your local track!

Thanks again to all those who helped final groom the track today. A bit of water to deal with, but it was taken care of and the track worked great.

Bill

Points and results from the mains will be up on www.hobbytownoshkosh.com shortly.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Had A blast yesterday! Even if we had a mud hole in one spot , after the first run it got even better. Rumor has it that RPM Rich will be back next week? Will RPM Pat be joining us as well?
Old 06-21-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Pics are up on HTO's site (see picture page 3).

Here are a few-

Bill
Old 06-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Bill, nice pictures of the track.
RPM Wayne, I can't make it this next Sat. I need to get my car polished up for the car show at South Park on Sunday the 28th. I haven't even started cleaning it, since I took it out of storage. No time, with trying to help out my mom at home with the dreaded list of things that need to get done. So have fun and try to beat Bob.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Ummmmmmm

Rich, thats a week away and I think waxing can be doneafter supper anynight???? We race at 1:00 pm saturday and just so ya know Waynes got the faster ride , He just has to avoid those telephone poles that keep rolling in front of him

Bob
Old 06-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Adept

u guys racing on the 4th?
Old 06-23-2009, 03:50 AM
Tech Master

Not only are we racing, but everyone registered to run will receive a free coupon for a burger at the concession stand.

Speedzone people run the stand and they have soda's, water, burgers, chips and other goodies available race days.

As noted in an earlier post, on the outdoor track we are running 3 qualifiers and a main (4 runs minimum per race day). More race time for your buck. Plus racing is only $10 for non club members and $8 for for members (even less for 2nd car). Quite a deal based on what I see other tracks charge.

The track configuration will be opened up a bit this week based on trouble spots from the first few weeks of racing.

Racing will start the normal race time (1 pm), drivers must be on site and registered by 12:30.

See ya'all there.

Bill
Old 06-23-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RevolutionRW
Rich, thats a week away and I think waxing can be doneafter supper anynight???? We race at 1:00 pm saturday and just so ya know Waynes got the faster ride , He just has to avoid those telephone poles that keep rolling in front of him

Bob
Bob, I fully understand what you're trying to say. But I wonder if you really know what it takes to compete in a car show. Its a lot more than putting wax on. Its under the hood, inside the wheel wells, the interior, the tires, the rims, inside the trunk and some other thing or two that I'll forget to do. This takes hours to do a good job. I have a lot of pride in my car. I know its not the best, but I have to try to make it look good. There's a lot of people that look at it, and the judges criticize everything. And I mean everything. So with it close to 100 outside, I don't think I'll be doing anything anytime soon. Just try to understand where I'm coming from, and if I'm not at the track you have a better chance to win, until Wayne gets his $hit together.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Adept

how long are the heats and the mains for both 1/8 nitro and 1/10 stadiums
Old 06-24-2009, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

We run 5 minute qualifiers and sub mains, then 6 (10 for 1/8 scale) minute "A" mains. Winners of "C" or "B" mains bump up. To be fair, poor showing for the first two races for 1/8 scale. Not too worried yet, tracks only had two race days and still just getting the word out there.

Bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.