Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
2009 GT Summer Onroad Points Series - Leisure Hours Raceway >

2009 GT Summer Onroad Points Series - Leisure Hours Raceway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 GT Summer Onroad Points Series - Leisure Hours Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 04:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default tires

I work at the hobby shop and the ipanema tires are in stock.I am not sure what compounds they have.Scott also took some to the track.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Initiate

We added the Ofna GTPII as a legal car

Leisure Hours Hobbies & Raceway
Old 05-18-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default First points race this Sunday, May 24th.

Just a reminder about the first GT class points race this coming Sunday.

Also, some info about the prizes we've got lined up for this first race. 1st through 5th will get to pick a prize from the 'prize table.' 1st place gets first pick, then 2nd, etc.

Prizes include:

-Airtronics Servo
-New Pro-Line GT body, Pro-Line Pit Mat, and some Pro-Line body clip Pro-Pulls
-1 year subscription to RC Car Magazine
-4 quart bottles of Byron Race fuel and a fuel bottle
-a Ballistic Batteries receiver pack

Also, all other entrants (not finishing in the top 5) will be put into a drawing right after the A-main is over for a chance at a quart of Byron Race fuel or a fuel bottle. 3 names will be drawn (2 quarts of fuel, plus a fuel bottle), so everyone's got a good chance at walking away with something other than the good time racing they'll be getting for sure.

We'll race these cars rain or shine, so plan on coming out even if there are some clouds in the sky.

See you Sunday.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:20 PM
it
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Walt
Just a reminder about the first GT class points race this coming Sunday.

Also, some info about the prizes we've got lined up for this first race. 1st through 5th will get to pick a prize from the 'prize table.' 1st place gets first pick, then 2nd, etc.

Prizes include:

-Airtronics Servo
-New Pro-Line GT body, Pro-Line Pit Mat, and some Pro-Line body clip Pro-Pulls
-1 year subscription to RC Car Magazine
-4 quart bottles of Byron Race fuel and a fuel bottle
-a Ballistic Batteries receiver pack

Also, all other entrants (not finishing in the top 5) will be put into a drawing right after the A-main is over for a chance at a quart of Byron Race fuel or a fuel bottle. 3 names will be drawn (2 quarts of fuel, plus a fuel bottle), so everyone's got a good chance at walking away with something other than the good time racing they'll be getting for sure.

We'll race these cars rain or shine, so plan on coming out even if there are some clouds in the sky.

See you Sunday.

WAlt,

I am really considering this class and might purchase the kit soon. Is there any regulations for LHR about the GT? I am looking @ that Black Hawk Ipenema with an Orion motor. Please let me know so I know what not to buy to folllow all rules and regualtions.

Thanks

Anthony
Old 05-18-2009, 05:22 PM
it
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by it
WAlt,

I am really considering this class and might purchase the kit soon. Is there any regulations for LHR about the GT? I am looking @ that Black Hawk Ipenema with an Orion motor. Please let me know so I know what not to buy to folllow all rules and regualtions.

Thanks

Anthony

Never mind....

I am reading some of the postings above..

Thank you
Old 05-19-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hey guys
is this open to everyone?
and what is the start time?
what leisure hours has posted for onroad?
thanks
joe
Old 05-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by chitwon joe
hey guys
is this open to everyone?
and what is the start time?
what leisure hours has posted for onroad?
thanks
joe
This Sunday, and every Sunday during the summer months (when there isn't some other 'special event' going on), is outdoor, on-road racing at Leisure Hours Raceway. We just happen to be organizing a points series for the GT cars this summer, and this Sunday (5/24/2009) is the first of these 5 points races.

So, racing is open to everyone, but the points series is for GT cars only (see rules posted in this thread on 5/7/09 at 2pm).

Track opens on Sundays at 10am, and racing starts at noon.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'what leisure hours has posted for onroad?'.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by it
WAlt,

Thanks

Anthony
Tony....if not I have to prepare to be a father again, I would get myself a OFNA DM1-SPEC RTR to race this car. This is the car you want if you want to race this IGT class...the key is, the DM1-Spec, I think, is a little bit better then the Kyosho one, then the OFNA RTR motor is fairly good one.

Forget about all those Nova Rossi stuff back in the days....IGT required only RTR engine, something around $150-175 price tag, to make it FAIR to everyone.

Then....pick up some of the Ipenima rubber tires from Leisure Hours...I heard, there is a special discount for those who is racing @ Leisure Hour IGT class.

Good luck...and may be see you around HTSC. I heard you went last week.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:49 AM
Tech Adept

i worded wrong i meant to start times,the hours leisure hours has posted for start times or is there a different set of times for this?
thanks
joe
Old 05-20-2009, 06:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by chitwon joe
i worded wrong i meant to start times,the hours leisure hours has posted for start times or is there a different set of times for this?
thanks
joe

No special times for the GT points series. Track opens at 10am and racing starts at noon.

I hope we'll see you there.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

i'll be getting some practice in been a while since i ran on road and only ran on empty lots,no where to run in the city ,so i need to get some time in to get the feel of the track and see what adjustments the car needs
i'll be there eitherway to give a run
thanks
joe
Old 05-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Lesiure would the only prepared real track to practice on during the week with an 1/8th scale on road car. In terms of actual city limits or nearby, say a 1/2 hour drive of downtown you could test and tune, but just parking lots..... at Lane Tech high school any evening, The Kohl's parking lot in Elmhurst at Rt.83 and St. Charles Rd. on Friday nights. There's also the industrial subdivision in Skokie north of Touhy by a block and East of Crawford that has well lit streets with little or no traffic after 9pm's all week long. The emission testing station in that subdivision has a huge groomed, not prepped (obviously), parking lot that is lit all night long too.

I'm not sure how much just a parking lot would help though. Other than tuning it sounds like you need to just go to Leisure on practice days/evenings.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Come on out and race with us. That's the best way to learn. You can also see who are the fast guys and ask them to take a look at your car and share their chassis setups with you. The vast majority of racers are happy to help out a new guy with his car.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I just wanted to hop on and thank Walt and Eric for the work they are doing organizing and getting sponsorship for the series.

I also wanted to thank Leisure Hours for putting on an awesome race.

I thank the guys that help pit for me, Tony C. and Ron.

Finally I want to thank Airtronics, Proline/Protoform, Byron Fuel, Ballistic Batteries, and RC Car Magazine for providing some awesome prizes!

-Dave

Last edited by thunderbt3; 05-25-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I want to thank everyone also.Great time! I think this class will be alot of fun.Great meeting alot of the guys.Everyone was really nice!

Thanks to Leisure hours and all the sponsors.

Pete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.