Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
SCOTTY ERNST AND REEDSBURG RACERS PRESENT THE 3RD ANNUAL REEDSBURG RUMBLE >

SCOTTY ERNST AND REEDSBURG RACERS PRESENT THE 3RD ANNUAL REEDSBURG RUMBLE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SCOTTY ERNST AND REEDSBURG RACERS PRESENT THE 3RD ANNUAL REEDSBURG RUMBLE

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

THE TRACK AND THE PORTA CRAPER are ready for the party!!!
this place is looking sweet, both for nitro, and the slash...
It's awesome to see side by side racing here at reedsburg, hope it's a huge turnout
Old 05-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

All right everyone,

Now that we are less than a month away from the Rumble, it is time to start getting a roll call going.

Not sure of the exact number of Trackside guys going, but I will guess and say....
[B][I]EVERYONE

So lets here it, whos going and who is going to win.

If you remember the Expert Buggy main last year it was something to see and I am sure it will be even better this year.

Thanks
Scotty
Old 05-10-2009, 04:49 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I should make it. Running int. truggy. Bold prediction - I will not win.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Nick and I plan on being there. Nick has a new truggy/ motor combo that he is anxious to stretch the legs on. I will be running Slash.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

2 more for slash
Old 05-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Josh Ford
I/8th Expert
Truggy Expert

Jeff Ford
1/8th ????
Old 05-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Racers....

Since we are less than a month away now from the rumble, I would like to single out our Slash/SC10 drivers and remind all of you that the max motor is going to be 10.5(4600Kv) brushless motors.

If there are any questions on legality of parts or tires or anything else of the sort, I will refer you back to the 1st page of this thread where all of the Slash/SC10 rules are posted, and of course, you can ask me any questions on here.

Let us also remember that the Slash/SC10 class is being included as a sort of "fun" class for us all to enjoy. The rules are in place to keep a level competitive field, but also a fun field...it is for this reason that you can also expect a very large amount of cars in the mains.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by BuckMan
Racers....

Since we are less than a month away now from the rumble, I would like to single out our Slash/SC10 drivers and remind all of you that the max motor is going to be 10.5(4600Kv) brushless motors.

If there are any questions on legality of parts or tires or anything else of the sort, I will refer you back to the 1st page of this thread where all of the Slash/SC10 rules are posted, and of course, you can ask me any questions on here.

Let us also remember that the Slash/SC10 class is being included as a sort of "fun" class for us all to enjoy. The rules are in place to keep a level competitive field, but also a fun field...it is for this reason that you can also expect a very large amount of cars in the mains.
Hey Buck,

I just picked a up a used Slash but is all stock. Do I need to get the brushless option to have any fun? Or will stock motor be close to the other guys?

Thanks,
Frank
Old 05-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FrankV
Hey Buck,

I just picked a up a used Slash but is all stock. Do I need to get the brushless option to have any fun? Or will stock motor be close to the other guys?

Thanks,
Frank
a 19t will be close...

the main problem is geting traction out there.

the slash tires have been hooking up better than the sc10 ones and you can traction roll goosbumps
Old 05-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by whitrzac
a 19t will be close...

the main problem is geting traction out there.

the slash tires have been hooking up better than the sc10 ones and you can traction roll goosbumps

Thanks, I'll wanted to keep stock to save money over my old XXXt MF.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

From the CORR rules on the first page of this thread:

"2. Must use Traxxas Slash tires or Associated kit tires, Pro-line tires will not be allowed."

I'll go out on a limb and bet that J-concepts Goosebumps aren't allowed in this class.

Frank, if you have a decent lipo and the stock motor is cleaned and oiled you should have fun. You may lack a little on the top end but horsepower doesn't go very far on stock Slash tires anyway.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Davidka
From the CORR rules on the first page of this thread:

"2. Must use Traxxas Slash tires or Associated kit tires, Pro-line tires will not be allowed."

I'll go out on a limb and bet that J-concepts Goosebumps aren't allowed in this class.

Frank, if you have a decent lipo and the stock motor is cleaned and oiled you should have fun. You may lack a little on the top end but horsepower doesn't go very far on stock Slash tires anyway.

No lipos yet but might get some soon, Can I run them with the stock speed control?
Old 05-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

No lipos yet but might get some soon, Can I run them with the stock speed control?
yes, but it doesn't have a lipo cutoff and an external one doesn't work

I should be able to hook you up with a motor/esc for the rumble
Old 05-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

Don't hold me to this but ,I think the guy who won last year was totally stock. The brushless "is" more fun, but that doesn't mean you will be faster. The stock motor in good shape does ok here at the reedsburg track.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Yes, you must use common sense and not run the battery down so far that the truck slows down a lot. I've been running lipo without a cutoff equipped speed control for the last 3 seasons and have never approached fully discharged.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.