Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
TCS Race '09 @ Trackside Hobbies March 28+29 >

TCS Race '09 @ Trackside Hobbies March 28+29

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TCS Race '09 @ Trackside Hobbies March 28+29

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yupe....GLOBAL WARMING....that must be it....last TCS for everyone cause it is the end of the world...
Old 03-28-2009, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

TCS practice Friday at Trackside was yet another amazing demonstration of the talent that resides here in the Cheese State Area. The carpet's in great shape and traction is no problemo! LOTS of racers all day long- so many that the had to go to controlled practice for half of the day. The F103 class is superfast, even with the RPM limit rule. We're talking mid to low 11's, which is healthy GT1 territory. The Mini's chased each other (and the setup) all day as traction came up, but the fast guys were still plenty quick if they could avoid the dreaded Traction Roll. All in all, this promises to be yet another GREAT DAY OF RACING AT TRACKSIDE!!!
Old 03-28-2009, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Boy, I wish I was there. But, I was out of town the last two weeks for business, and my son Derek is playing electric guitar in the church youth band on Sunday, so unfortunately we have to miss the TCS race at Trackside this year.

Good luck to all. May the motor disputes be limited or non-existent, and the Spec class podium be filled with drivers too young to have their driver licenses.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

I had a blast this weekend, maybe next year I'll be alittle better of a driver and make the A main. Missed it by 3 seconds, and wrecked in the B main, but over all I'm hooked on F1's. People were friendly and helpful I'll be back next year for the 2010 Tamiya race. Thanks to the TRACKSIDE crew

Gary Anderson
Old 03-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

thanks to all who attended

I am too tired to post anything so here are the results.

Thanks
Scotty
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TAMIYA TCS 3 29 2009.pdf (265.8 KB, 166 views)
Old 03-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default TCS 2009 at trackside.

Wow, what a race! I had no idea how popular this race was! I was BLOWN away by how many people were here when I rolled in friday for practice. Dana and I had a great time, met some great people, and we will be back again next year, for sure. Next year I'm going to drag some friends along, so they can be a part of this great race. I felt honored to be a part of the largest entry TCS race on record.
I had no idea how many tamiya enthusiasts there are out there in this hobby!
Larry. [ mini B main winner and mini concourse winner ]
Dana and I want in on Rally next year! That looked SO fun!
Old 03-30-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Scotty, you forgot to mention, this race, broke the record of the attendence of all the TCS ever. Imagine, if we are not going thru the bad economy with lots of ppl staying home because of the economy reason, we might have to race only 1 qaulifier with 2 A-mains or we are not going to be finish the race till TUESDAY...

Another great weekend of TCS...I have a lot of fun.

P.S...I stil think we should race 3 qualifier till 2am snowbird style...
Old 03-30-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Big thanks to Scotty and everyone at Trackside for another great weekend of racing (more watching than racing for me - broke 2 C-hubs in both my mains ). The folks at Trackside always make everyone feel welcome and the hospitality they extend is 2nd to none. This was my first TCS race and only my 2nd time racing at Trackside, man the level of competition is tough! I'll be spending a lot more time practicing and tuning over the next year - count on seeing my mug next year! Thanks again for a great weekend!
Old 03-30-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I have been fortunate to attend I believe 10 or 11 of the 14 events held at Trackside over the years. Year after year Scotty and crew up the game and put on world class events. You can always count on tough competition at Trackside, but this year was the most competitive that I have ever seen it.
Thanks Scotty for another great weekend, I'm already planning for next year
Old 03-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Scotty for another great event.

This was probably the best TCS event at Trackside in 14 years. Scotty was on top of the 201 entries, had no illusions of doing more than he could handle and even with major computing issues still managed to finish very close to on time. He told me on Sat he would hope to wave everyone good bye by 5pm on Sunday, I think everything finished around 5:30, which to me is on time.

It was great seeing the usual faces and even meeting some new ones.

The best part of the event was Scotty was on-top of the Johnson motor controversy and eliminated it! 13,500 was the limit, you were over, you were DQed for that round. The rest of the tracks and Tamiya need to take note and enforce this rule to keep the purity of the Johnson classes! I know after my round 2 GT3 run Scotty was contemplating calling my car to the dyno, I could see it in his eyes. I sorta hope he did, because I knew it was at 13k. Which is not bad for a $18 motor!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Damnit, now I have a craving for Topper's Pizza and Cheese Sticks. Thanks a lot guys....
Old 03-31-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Damnit, now I have a craving for Topper's Pizza and Cheese Sticks. Thanks a lot guys....
ditto

I will call them now just to hear their crazy recording....
Old 03-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I had a ton of fun up there. The racing was super tight. Thanks Scotty and Buck and all the other crew for making it happen.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Addict

Another great TCS! Thanks Scotty for everything and I really wish I lived closer to Trackside. I finished 7th in the B-main in GT-3 with a stock TT-01R...not too bad(but frustrating...I need a better car next year!). My brother also had the same car and finished 3rd in the C-main. Team Green ran in normal fashion with a 3rd(me) and a 6th(Jace) in the A-main. If I can afford it...Team Green will be running pro rally too. I'm trying to justify buying a TB-03 for only one weekend....
Old 04-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Default 2009 TCS

Thanks to everyone who came out to Trackside. ! thing I love about the TCS is you get to see old friends...... and Gary.

Pics are now posted on my website.

www.Boomerzworld.com

The link to the pictures are HERE

Time for bed

See you at the races.
Boomer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.