Like Tree1Likes

Oshkosh Racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Bill,

Can I take up gardening with you?

Last edited by Red Z; 04-10-2005 at 09:52 PM.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

power to da z-man
Old 04-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Man I am glad we raced out of town this weekend ... who the heck has $10,000 in their toy car? So all this is over a $4 caster block
Man we broke enough graphite to build a whole car this weekend And I ain't mad at anyone grow up and move on!
Old 04-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Yup.
  • Shovel-check
  • Seeds-check
  • Dirt-check
  • Watering can-check
Ready for gardening duty Bill!

Are you guys running stock or mod next weekend ottoman? Or are you guys running the B/G club race?
Old 04-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Saturday night meelee in the B

Just a couple of comments from what I endured Saturday night.

1). First heat, went off by myself just before the backstraight. The marshall was watching the racing further down the track. Never knew I needed his assist till I mentioned it from the stand. 4 seconds lost min.

2) Same heat. got rear ended hard in the same spot, last lap. the other marshalls were already wandering back to the pits. The race was still going. Same Marshall was again watching racing (or something, I don't know what, I didn't see anything, and I had time to look) elsewhere ontrack. Same result. 4 second minimum loss by the look of the timesheet . I still managed 25 laps. (which left me 6 seconds out of the A)

3).Heat 2. The same car as the first race took me out twice in, you guessed it the same spot, same marshall same results. 8 seconds lost. Then I highspotted on the pipe at the beginning of the back straight. By myself. Same marshall, and another one looked at each other waiting to see which would right my car. This was classic. Had to be at least 5 seconds. Total 13 seconds lost. Result 24 laps. Gee, adds up huh?

3). B Main, I'm top qualifier. Race starts, and just after the sweeper everyone is right on top of my car, going so fast they couldn't have possibly made the next turn. Well they took me and Ben out. So, I keep going, guess what? They're mostly piled up by guess who. Yep my favorite marshall. He runs out to help them puts his foot down right in front of my car. I hit him even though I was on the brakes. He marshalls all the others first. Then me. I go as fast as possible down the backstraight because I can see that car coming, and my buddy from earlier in the night forces me into the pipe, mid sweeper. Breaking my car. Race over!

4). Same drivers, and I'm being nice here. Take out Ben three laps later by actually running his car AGAINST the pipe all the way down the backstraight and into the sweeper. Well Bens car finally broke. Top two qualifiers out in three laps.

Now I don't know what happened to Zach. I just hope it wasn't the guy who did such a good job marshalling me all night. Nobody deserves that, at least until somebody takes the time to maybe show him what it takes to marshall a bit more effectively.

But you all know what? I had fun, I had good runs, better than I had in a couple of years. And guess what? I'm thinking I'll be back next week and I'll be a lot more careful around that marshall, and maybe a tad loose around that orange car who was helping me lose time all night. Because without all the extra help I would have been in the A for the first time in a while. Maybe next week.

See Ya'll Saturday!!!!

Brad Schultz
Old 04-10-2005, 10:30 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Davin, you are lucky I don't ban you right now for language. We have a zero tolerance policy here and obviously you are not respecting that.

Please keep the fighting to a minimum guys. Don't be the next marcca! If you have a problem with somebody, keep it in PMs. Thanks.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

If that marshall happened to be me why don't you all figure it out and let me know
Old 04-11-2005, 03:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

?
Old 04-11-2005, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Originally posted by Red Z
Chuck/any foam guy,

Will a foam setup for a regular TC3 work on a Warpspeed TC3?

-It is hard to see things on the track from that chair! I know!
I would think so . You may have to do alittle tuning but it should be a good place to start.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

So CLOSING this conversation-

1 When corining, do your best so the driver knows you mean it when you say "I'm Sorry"

2 Talk it up. Whoever is at the mike has a lot of territory to watch and if I would have been alerted to a problem with a driver, I would get a spotter to help me (i.e. Brads heats)

3 Posting here when angry is bad.

If we all take a step back, a deep breath and a little harder, it can go as smooth as it should.

And I put off the gardening this weekend, did other clean up. Gotta get the house in order. Planting is this next weekend.

Bill
Old 04-11-2005, 04:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default NO BLAME

I AIN'T BLAMING ANYBODY FOR ANYTHING MERELY TELLING WHAT HAPPENED TO ME ON THAT NIGHT.

BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THIS. WHEN MARSHALLING WATCH THE AREA AROUND WHERE YOU ARE ONLY. HEY I SCREW UP TOO. BUT WHEN I DO I TRY TO BE BETTER THE NEXT TIME AROUND. NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.....

THE GUY I'M SPEAKING OF HAD A BROWN SHIRT ON THAT'S ALL I REMEMBER. WE MADE EYE CONTACT ONCE, SO I THINK HE PROBABLY KNOWS WHO I AM.

I JUST HOPE THE DUDE GETS BETTER AS TIME PASSES. HECK I DON'T RUN FOR POINTS. BUT IF I DID THAT WOULD MAKE IT DIFFERENT.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Wow! In just a matter of a few hours all this talk.
First Zach. You are faster in foam than you think. Take out a couple bobles and you and I would have done battles.
Ottoman is right. Get over this and lets have fun. Mistakes happen. Ive done them myself.
I for one had a good time Bill. Fast racing and good competition. Skip, you are one tough goal to achieve . I am aiming though. (Not to hit you, just beat you)
Old 04-11-2005, 04:29 AM
Tech Master

Yes Chuck most did.

And thanks all for understanding. I hope those I sent PM's to take the input to heart and we move on.

Bill
Old 04-11-2005, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

So where did that get us all?
All together now - “Inhale” …..”Exhale”
“Sigh”
Ok moving on!
So I read ideas about etiquette or marshaling classes. Both are good ideas. I have offered tech days before with some success. Tech days for those that don't know was a whole day where a group showed up to the track for a large practice sessions. We all helped each other, and most got faster.

If there are racers that would like something like etiquette or marshaling classes, I can teach them. Not really teach, more disseminate and discuss info and techniques to other racers. The overriding problem with this idea is timing. When will the audience be available.

So that is the offer I can make to the club. Let me know what you all think.
Snowy.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

would they both be hands on or a lecture pretty much?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.