Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
New RC Club forming in central Wisconsin >

New RC Club forming in central Wisconsin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New RC Club forming in central Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default New RC Club forming in central Wisconsin

Myself and a few friends are looking to start an RC club in Central Wisconsin, in the area of Stevens Point, Plover, Wisconsin Rapids, Amherst, Bancroft, Junction City, Vesper, Waupaca. Looking for RC'ers of all experience levels, types, and ages. Even if you are new to the hobby, you are welcome to come hang out and see what you like and want to get into.

Any locals interested, post on this thread and let us know.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What are you looking to do.
Indoor or outdoor race track?
Onroad or off-road?
Old 12-23-2008, 01:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Would be nice to have something close to the point area. A few of us have been driving over to green bay to race at dirt heaven and victory. Most of the time we have room for more people to ride with if you don't mind getting back to the point area at about 1 or 2 am!
Old 12-23-2008, 04:44 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Depending on how far it will be from Baraboo I would come and race there a few times a year at least if not more. I enjoy traveling to the different tracks and seeing how the other half lives.

Indoor or outdoor is the question.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

Like i said in my first post. We are looking for racers from all parts of RC racing. Dirt, carpet, indoor, outdoor, electric, nitro, etc.

We are looking for racers with open minds, that want to expand the sport and teach others as well. We are looking to have regular get togethers, tuning nights, and local racing one some dirt tracks, parking lots, and hopefully some carpet tracks.

Right now, myself and the other 2 guys that are doing this run all electric cars. From Traxxas Slash trucks to highly modified Vintage Trans Am road cars along with a few other smaller scale cars. We race at Oshkosh right now as a regular race stop.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Wisconsin River Cities R/C Car and Truck Club www.wrcrc.com

Just a forum for now, but more to come. Sign up and let us know what form of r/c you are into. Lets do this! Central WI has been r/c starved for too long!
If you have any thoughts to share, or great ideas let us know them please!
Larry.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hi, Larry and other central WI folks.
Sorry to step in from the flatland, but I am also trying to organize some racing in my local area. I did not form (or join) a club, but built a track, instead (Larry stopped by once). I am hoping to have more visitors in 2009, and I wonder if the "club" type of organization would help in any way. If I could find club members, maybe it would be easier on my nerves than waiting at my track on a race Sunday wondering how any of the general public might show up that day. If you find some good ideas as you form your club, I would like to listen in.
Thanks. Good luck.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Bob you are more than welcome to troll around on our forum looking for ideas.

Larry, his son Dana, and I are heading to Oshkosh then Green Bay this weekend for a 2 race series on dirt and carpet ovals. Should be fun. I will be racing my Slash truck and Dana and Larry are running Slash and sprint car sliders.

Feel free to post information on events at your track on our site as well. We will be posting more and more info as it comes out too.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Hey Bob,
If you could get away to Oshkosh this weekend, or Victory in Green Bay, you could get all the info you need about running a Dirt oval race program. These 2 races draw big crowds and are top notch! Dana and I put it on our list of races we HAVE to attend each year. They are about 35 miles from each other.
Larry.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Central Wisconsin Racers Available!

Well, I am not sure if you are including Wausau as "Central Wisconsin"....but if you are.....we have had some very nice growth in Slash owners in this area over the past 2-3 months. My brother and I (15 +13 yrs old) started racing slash's last summer. My Dad enjoyed it so much that he now has one also! We race on Sudnay afternoons at Schmidts Ballroom which is about 4 miles NW of Wausau. More information can be obtained from Tom at the Hobby Connection in Schofield. The Slash Class is stock with 6 cell packs. We have seen the slash numbers grow from 4 to 7 in several weeks and it looks like we will have 9 or 10 the next race (January 18th). The track is a carpet oval but is tighter than Oshkosh. We have pipes set up on the inside and plywood walls on the outside. The pipes are an effective way to keep you from cutting the corner. The cost is $7 which includes the transponder. Races start at 1PM (Practice at noon). We are done by 4:30. There are two heats, a B main and a feature. It is alot of fun.

Back to your needs.......2 weeks ago we traveled to Oshkosh on a Saturday and had a great time. Much like our club....EVERYONE was very nice and made us feel welcome. It was a great time and we hope to do it again soon (Maybe this weekend). Depending on when you are going to race....we mots certainly would be willing to drive to Stevens Point to have fun. Of our current Slash club members, everyone is from the Wausau area except for Robert who is from Rapids. A club closer to his home would be a welcome sight!

Also, have you ever been to Dorchester? We started racing at the Dorchester Bowiling Alley about a month ago and love it. Me, my dad and my brother were the first slash's there. Another Wausau racer now attends and it sure would be nice to have a few more in the mix. Kevin of the hobbyshop in Abbottsford runs the show. It is $6 which includes everything. The room is large and there are no inside onstacles so crashing is kept to a minimum. They run a great show and again....EVERYONE is simply awesome.

We do have schedule conflicts now and then on Wednesday such as Thursday exams or hockey practice. My brother also has problems with hockey on Sunday......but if you ever want to come up to either track.....let me know in advance so that we can make sure we are going to be there and can help you make the transition in. Also, as soon as you get something put together for Stevens Point, I know that our three trucks can make the haul down there and I am sure several others will consider doing so also.

Hey, keep me updated on your new club and stay in contact regarding getting together some time to race. STOCK SLASH's ARE AWESOME!

Give er the gas!

Blaine.
Attached Thumbnails New RC Club forming in central Wisconsin-p1010064.jpg   New RC Club forming in central Wisconsin-p1010057.jpg   New RC Club forming in central Wisconsin-p1010071.jpg  
Old 01-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Blaine, I believe I talked to you at Oshkosh when you attended a few weeks ago. Below is a pic of my sons slash. 3 of us, Cory, Dana and myself will be going to Oshkosh again on the 17th. We race every 2 weeks. You should plan on going that week. Last weekend Dana, Cory and I attended the 2 race series between Victory in Green Bay and Oshkosh [dirt oval] We had a Blast! Dana ended up winning the 2 race series. He got 3rd at Oshkosh and 1st at Green Bay. They are having another 2 race series on the first weekend in february. We should all go together to that. We ended up getting a motel in appleton on friday night. If you have never been to Victory in Green Bay you are missing out. They have an awesume clay tri oval. It is very fast, most of us were using 20 - 21 tooth pinions there. If you go to the victory thread here on rctech, Cory posted some onboard videos of the track. The last one is on his slash.

One purpose of this club is to help us all be more organized and to meet others so we can travel to different tracks together. It sounds like it is working!
LMK if the 17th will work for you at Oshkosh. And think about the next 2 race series dirt oval coming in Feb.
Larry.
Attached Thumbnails New RC Club forming in central Wisconsin-danasslash1.jpg  
Old 01-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Slash01Z
Well, I am not sure if you are including Wausau as "Central Wisconsin"....but if you are.....we have had some very nice growth in Slash owners in this area over the past 2-3 months. My brother and I (15 +13 yrs old) started racing slash's last summer. My Dad enjoyed it so much that he now has one also! We race on Sudnay afternoons at Schmidts Ballroom which is about 4 miles NW of Wausau. More information can be obtained from Tom at the Hobby Connection in Schofield. The Slash Class is stock with 6 cell packs. We have seen the slash numbers grow from 4 to 7 in several weeks and it looks like we will have 9 or 10 the next race (January 18th). The track is a carpet oval but is tighter than Oshkosh. We have pipes set up on the inside and plywood walls on the outside. The pipes are an effective way to keep you from cutting the corner. The cost is $7 which includes the transponder. Races start at 1PM (Practice at noon). We are done by 4:30. There are two heats, a B main and a feature. It is alot of fun.

Back to your needs.......2 weeks ago we traveled to Oshkosh on a Saturday and had a great time. Much like our club....EVERYONE was very nice and made us feel welcome. It was a great time and we hope to do it again soon (Maybe this weekend). Depending on when you are going to race....we mots certainly would be willing to drive to Stevens Point to have fun. Of our current Slash club members, everyone is from the Wausau area except for Robert who is from Rapids. A club closer to his home would be a welcome sight!

Also, have you ever been to Dorchester? We started racing at the Dorchester Bowiling Alley about a month ago and love it. Me, my dad and my brother were the first slash's there. Another Wausau racer now attends and it sure would be nice to have a few more in the mix. Kevin of the hobbyshop in Abbottsford runs the show. It is $6 which includes everything. The room is large and there are no inside onstacles so crashing is kept to a minimum. They run a great show and again....EVERYONE is simply awesome.

We do have schedule conflicts now and then on Wednesday such as Thursday exams or hockey practice. My brother also has problems with hockey on Sunday......but if you ever want to come up to either track.....let me know in advance so that we can make sure we are going to be there and can help you make the transition in. Also, as soon as you get something put together for Stevens Point, I know that our three trucks can make the haul down there and I am sure several others will consider doing so also.

Hey, keep me updated on your new club and stay in contact regarding getting together some time to race. STOCK SLASH's ARE AWESOME!

Give er the gas!

Blaine.
Thank you for posting that information Blaine. Feel free to join our forum on www.wrcrc.com so more plans can be made for future races. Right now, we have been talking about plans of racing outdoors in the summer with our Slash's and some other cars. Right now, Leerjet will be heading to Oshkosh on the 17th to race the carpet for Vintage and Jump truck. I will not be able to join them due to going out of town on short notice. You should join him there and talk setups and race together. Leerjet, his son, and myself all have Slash's and we race them regularly. I have been messing around with Integi aluminum suspension and parts on a slash chassis, even though it makes it heavier. His son got 1st place, I got 2nd place, and Leerjet got 3rd at Victory Hobbies in Green Bay last saturday in the Truck "A" Main on the clay tri-oval. We look forward to getting together with you and you are more than welcome to join our R/C club.

If you have any messengers online, post your screen names on here so i can contact you and we can talk more. I am on Yahoo, and Windows Messenger.

Here is my slash.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Hats off to all of the custom paint jobs guys. They are awesome!

Hey Blaine, is that Skyjacker body all painted or are the main graphics stickers? I love that thing. Got any more pics to post?

If you guys know of any other cool slash paint jobs post the links please. I need ideas for a new body for my slash.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 01-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Default Great way to communicate!

Wow, what a great way to commnicate! You guys must get on here quite a bit? Congrats on the great finishes at Oshkosh and Green Bay! I am not surprised because that orange truck was incredible at Oshkosh the day that we went! The paint job on the black truck is incredible! 3 of our paint jobs are on the outside as we painted over the Traxxis bodies. One is painted underneath but we still applied stickers on the outside. They look good from several feet away but we are newbies and no real painter will be impressed by the up close quaility. We will get better! I need to find out where you buy that glue to use on the inside of the body. I can't figure out how it does not smear the ink on the picture or sticker?

I guess it is a long way from Point......but I forgot to tell you about Dorchester times. They race on Wednesday nights. Practice seems to start around 6 and racing at 7. They are done around 10. It costs $6 and they are super nice. Racing quality is very good. It is oval racing with no barriers and it is also quite wide. As with your job responsibilities, My school gets in the way of Wednesday nights sometimes and it will again this week. Tanner's school is also a problem this week and youth hockey also causes a problem on the weekend. We will try to get to Oshkosh whenever the day is open. We will also try the next Dirt Weekend in Feb but I have a feeling Hockey will mess up the Saturday race for us.

If you ever do want to come up to Wausau on Sunday afternoon or Dorchester Wednesday night, make sure that you let me know so that I can make sure you don't show up and find us missing.

I have a few pictures that will give you an idea of what the two tracks look like. The blurry slash photo is a heat race at Schmidt's Ballroom. The decent photo is of the track at Dorchester.

Remember, we are nubies so other than some camber and shock spacers.....we have done nothing to alter our vehicles from stock. I think our driving is pretty good.....but it will take a while before we can figure out the setup tricks that we will need to be competitive. That will be the fun part of it!

Thanks for the info and invites. With final exams, hockey and our club being off until the 17th.......I am suffering rc withdrawl elready!

Talk to you soon!

Blaine

I will join the wrcrc group after finishing this email.
Attached Thumbnails New RC Club forming in central Wisconsin-p1010025.jpg  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
DSC01942.bmp (144.1 KB, 250 views)
Old 01-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Ebola888,

The rockstar and skyjacker trucks are both replicas of the real trucks in
the corr and wsorr series. The skyjacker flames were made with a vynal cutting machine and most of the sponsors are from the traxxas decal sheet.If you want to make a replica of one of the real trucks you can go to www.wsorr.com or www.corracing.com to get some ideas.

Blaine

Last edited by Slash01Z; 01-06-2009 at 06:53 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.