Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extreme rc track in Marengo

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

I'm not sure if a scoring system is in the budget I just thought i would throw this out reedsburg just closed may be worth the time for the track owners to look into seeing if they are selling the reedsburg scoring equiptment.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:13 PM
vr6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

last night a buddy of mine and i decided to run out to this track to check it out.

track surface looks great, i really like the outside of the track lined with hail bails. could use a little more jumps, as of right now, there are only a few jumps. i hope this track turns out to be a fun place to race.

now on to the my concerns for the track: if anyone decides to visit the track with out contacting bryan. please do so at your own risk. do not pull into the driveway on the north side of track. when we 1st showed up, we were welcomed with people yelling at each other. were told not to use their driveway, they did not seem to thrilled about us being there.

bryan, i hope that you have let your family members know about what is in store for them if you do get a race program going and if this thing really does well. you know just like everybody else that when people show up to race, they are there to have fun and not worry about pissed off people. some tracks have closed because of the noise, extra people, and anything else that can close down a track.

please people. do not be discouraged about what is in marengo. bryan and others have done a good job with this track. it's just that my initial visit is one that i wish to not remember
Old 08-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by vr6
last night a buddy of mine and i decided to run out to this track to check it out.

track surface looks great, i really like the outside of the track lined with hail bails. could use a little more jumps, as of right now, there are only a few jumps. i hope this track turns out to be a fun place to race.

now on to the my concerns for the track: if anyone decides to visit the track with out contacting bryan. please do so at your own risk. do not pull into the driveway on the north side of track. when we 1st showed up, we were welcomed with people yelling at each other. were told not to use their driveway, they did not seem to thrilled about us being there.

bryan, i hope that you have let your family members know about what is in store for them if you do get a race program going and if this thing really does well. you know just like everybody else that when people show up to race, they are there to have fun and not worry about pissed off people. some tracks have closed because of the noise, extra people, and anything else that can close down a track.

please people. do not be discouraged about what is in marengo. bryan and others have done a good job with this track. it's just that my initial visit is one that i wish to not remember
I am so sorry, I will be taking care of that right away. Those people only rent that house from my uncle, they NO BUISNESS SAYING ANYTHING. ITS NOT EVEN THEIR DRIVEWAY!!!!!!!!!!
IM GOING OUT THERE RIGHT AWAY.

PLEASE FOR ANYONE THAT WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE TRACK, I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT AT ALL................. TRY TO USE THE FIRST DRIVEWAY.
THERES A GREEN MAIL BOX W/ 2521

I WILL BE PUTTING A SIGN UP FOR UP SOON ( I HAVE ONE FOR THE WEEEKENDS)

WE WILL HAVE MORE JUMPS SOON
Old 08-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would have no problem paying a $30 membership fee and $15 to race. But thats to "race" just practice will get old. SO once there is a "race program" involved, all the complaining about a $30 membership fee will stop. But I would really LOVE to race at this track once they get a lap system. And I would pay more then that for a memebership to a track that holds races and has a points series.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I am getting ready to put a scoring system on my track next month, also in Marengo. It will be an iLap system (rclapcounter.com). If the Extreme crew wants to give it a look, that would be fine with me. With enough sensors for a 10' lane, a decoder, and 10 transponders, it should be about $800. Maybe such a system would work out for Extreme RC(?).
Old 08-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobWoodhouse
I am getting ready to put a scoring system on my track next month, also in Marengo. It will be an iLap system (rclapcounter.com). If the Extreme crew wants to give it a look, that would be fine with me. With enough sensors for a 10' lane, a decoder, and 10 transponders, it should be about $800. Maybe such a system would work out for Extreme RC(?).
will amb personal transponders work with this system?
Old 08-13-2008, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Negative. AmbRC is radio freq. iLap is infraRed light. OTOH, the iLap transponders are $35 to $38 and are small and light enough to fit in anything.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This track is worth the 30.00 first time fee. I was there for 5 hours today. That breaks down to a measly 6 dollars an hour. First off I would like to say thank you and I had fun to all that were there. Second I would like to say Stop crying all you people that cry about 30.00. You people waste so much time and energy typing out your meager complaints. It is great place to drive and have fun. People that complain and cry about 30.00 will just ruin the fun. If 30.00 dollars is going to break your wallets then your in the wrong hobby. Please don't hijack this thread and make it about your track Bob. I'm sure your track is nice but you have your own thread.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i had plans to stop out today but as of right now i have no idea when i will be getting out of work
Old 08-16-2008, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by milenko_76
Please don't hijack this thread and make it about your track Bob. I'm sure your track is nice but you have your own thread.
I think you read Bob's post wrong.

I don't think Bob is hijacking Bryan's thread.

When I read Bob's post it looks to me that Bob is offering to assist Extreme and Bryan. It sounds like Bob wants to loan or help Extreme get a handle on a RC a lap timing system t and give his support to Extreme not promote his own place.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

But I would really LOVE to race at this track once they get a lap system.
Please don't hijack this thread and make it about your track Bob. I'm sure your track is nice but you have your own thread.
My reply is clearly about a scoring system, which someone else mentioned was a drawback to not have one, so I suggested an iLap system, which happens to be handily nearby for the Extreme RC ownerhip to check out. Do you disagree?
Old 08-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

I will be out early tomorrow afternoon with a buddy of mine.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Initiate

we'll be there around 10:30-11:00 tomorrow if you want to come early.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BobWoodhouse
My reply is clearly about a scoring system, which someone else mentioned was a drawback to not have one, so I suggested an iLap system, which happens to be handily nearby for the Extreme RC ownerhip to check out. Do you disagree?
LET US KNOW WHEN YOU GET THE ILAP SYSTEM. WE WOULD LIKE TO CHECK IT OUT. STOP OUT AND SEE US TOMORROW WE WILL BE FROM 10:30- ?
Old 08-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks. I need to stop by and say hi.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.