Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Slash racing at Trackside

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well yeah, but how often did we see Savages and that little CEN thing running (and winning) in the "T-Maxx" class back in the day?

Whenever someone asks about the rules for a "Slash class" I can't help but think, can't we just give it a handful of requirements & leave the rest up to common sense? I've never seen a rule keeping me from strapping a pair of C model rocket engines to the back of my truck but I'm pretty sure if I showed up like that Scotty'd go "uhh, no."
Old 08-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
Well yeah, but how often did we see Savages and that little CEN thing running (and winning) in the "T-Maxx" class back in the day?

Whenever someone asks about the rules for a "Slash class" I can't help but think, can't we just give it a handful of requirements & leave the rest up to common sense? I've never seen a rule keeping me from strapping a pair of C model rocket engines to the back of my truck but I'm pretty sure if I showed up like that Scotty'd go "uhh, no."
There are no rules set in stone, but I'd think the only cars that run in the SLASH class would be SLASHES not a altered XXX-T, T4, etc........until other cars come out comparable to the SLASH then we'll see.......have fun with the simple SLASH.... please..... I am.

Last edited by Matt Sunderlage; 08-06-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

So then, no matter how many other manufacturers jump on the CORR bandwagon in the near future, the only thing allowed to run at Trackside is the Slash because somebody started calling it the "Slash class" and not the "short course class"

Sounds kinda ass-backwards to me, but then, this is offroad at Trackside
Old 08-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

So then, no matter how many other manufacturers jump on the CORR bandwagon in the near future, the only thing allowed to run at Trackside is the Slash because somebody started calling it the "Slash class" and not the "short course class"

Attached Thumbnails Slash racing at Trackside-tool.jpg  
Old 08-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Why in the hell do you try so hard to go against what everybody else is doing or wants to be doing.

The slash is out, its available, its cool.........we will have a slash class at trackside.

If other companys make a comparable truck......then it will be looked at. But untill then just enjoy what is there......

Last edited by Josh Hohnstein; 08-06-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Because why would I want to buy one thing when I think I've got a decent shot at making something better for half the price? I doubt I'd get any money for my T4, it's pretty clapped out & still has most of the ball bearings it came with, and I'm not gonna just leave it to rot away in some corner of my basement because the Slash killed the traditional open-wheel R/C stadium truck.

I haven't priced it out or really looked into it, but I'd be willing to bet I can make my T4 into a Slash look-alike for under $75. Given the options, I'm gonna go with the homeslice T4 conversion.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Then please, stop going there
Old 08-06-2008, 02:02 PM
AE-Reedy

Well I hate to say it guys but he is right to a point. Your right in that it would be kind of retarded if there was other companies making a slash style car and only one of them was allowed to run, but I don't think anyone is saying that. Everyone is trying to say that you will have to use a slash or, if someone else comes out with a comparable car, you will be able to use that. I really hate how everyone that posts on RC tech instantly begins to yell and scream the second someone posts something that is, let say, not along the lines of what everyone else is thinking. Is it not possible to sit back for a second and think about what that person is saying and then right something in a somewhat humanly fashion. For instance,
Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile;
OK, theoretical question: If I were to show up with a modified RC10T4 that had a fullsize body, same front and rear track width and wheelbase as a Slash, front and rear guards, and "appropriate" tires & wheels, would anyone have a problem with it gunning for the Slash class and if so, why?

as precedent, who was that kid that showed up with his own homemade "TC3-O" 4WD Buggy?
. This may have seemed like an obvious question to most of you but for goodness sake it was just a question and the rest of you don't have to come on here with an attitude and tell the guy to s.t.f.u. Just give the guy an answer of no and explain that it is going to be a class that only involves production made, slash style cars. That's it, plain and simple.

Duefuss out.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Look out......here comes the Hay Doug grammar police
Old 08-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Matt Sunderlage
There are no rules set in stone, but "common sense" would tell me the only cars that run in the SLASH class would be SLASHES not some creation from your "garage".
I guess that means that everyone that's bought a RC10T4 (or T3 or T2...) needs to throw them in the dumpster since the Losi JRX-T originated the 2wd electric stadium truck class.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Suspended

If I remember correctly ThunderTech originated the CORR Truck idea at the Chicago Toy Fair about a year ago, and while their's hasn't made it to production as of yet it would seem only fair that if we're talking about stealing ideas or classes it should be up to TT to make the rules everyone has to follow.
But then that would only make sense.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

WTF......

I give up.....
Old 08-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I like the classic BUCK reply the best
Come Ole I think there just setting up the slash class to have some fun
nothing more. Beside can't you race the t4 in stock or mod class
on Fridays? Thats how rules get started cause of classic lawyer questions like yours, heck Buck didn't even want to run with
any rules for the slash class if possible. If it makes you feel any better I
have a new slash in the garage that I haven't used or open in 3 weeks now,
because my wife would kill me if she knew I had another car.
I know against Matt Sunderlage, I don't have a chance. So I am devising
a smoke/oil system to lay it down like spy hunter But its all good
I just want another class to run On Fridays.

Dynodan22
Old 08-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Hello everyone,

Well where do I start. I am ashamed to say that I have been gone over the past couple of months to stay on top of this thread and I have not been able to follow it. I started to read that past couple of pages and I cannot beleive that something as simple as naming a race division for a current vehicle that has started a trend of racing that will surely continue to grow has gotten some of you guys acting crazy. So here it is, Straight from me.

Yes we will be running Slashes at Trackside this winter.
Name of the class will be Slash.
Rules will be as follows:
Stock tires
Stock Bodies
Any Brushless motor system up to a 10.5 Brushless system and this includes the Traxxas Velenion system.
Brushed motors Either Stock, 19turn or 12Turn motor that comes with Slash.
Hop ups, Any options that are out and designed specifically for the Slash.
Batteries: 6 cell or Lipo

Now before anyone goes nuts and starts to make what if scenario's. WAIT!
This is a new class, Yes!
Will other companies join in the popularity of this class and come out with trucks, bodies, tires ect.ect.ect.ect. Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes.
Will we modify the rules for this class as this class progresses and Proline and J Concepts and AE and others make things for this form of racing. Yes!

The Slashes are a very inexpensive way to get into racing and we anticipate many people buying Slashes and joining in the fun. At this time, I am not going to allow racers to convert any type of vehicle to run in this class. If you have a stadium truck there is not need to convert it, we have a class for you so you can race it. So as this class begins, it will be Slashes and only Slashes that run in this class.
And Budzine, before you go off on me and give me some reason why I should allow you and others to run converted trucks, instead of wasting a ton of money to covert something, Spend close to the same amount of money and buy a Slash! If you don't want to buy a slash, run your T4 in stadium truck.

We are going to have an absolute blast with the Slashes this fall and winter and we look forward to the racers that choose to join us for the fun of racing. Beside what form of racing can you by a 200 truck and race and be competitive.

And thats all I got to say about that.
Scotty
Old 08-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Sounds like a fun class to race this winter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.