Community
Wiki Posts
Search

some thing everyone should know

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 09:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default some thing everyone should know

now before i start this story want everyone to know that i believe that this was an isolated incident and that the likelyhood of it happening again is slim to none.

i had reservations of putting this on here but i think that safety should come first and that everyone may think about it.

I went to the MARRCA track on Stoughton RD in Madison on Fri Aug 1. Myself accompanied by my family, my 6 mo pregnant wife and my twin two year old children.

we were the only ones there besides the guy who opened the door and was woking on his vehicles. we ran a few battery packs through when my batteries in one of my controllers started leaking. (they were new today too) anyway my kids were getting antsie and my wife decided to take them out to the parking lot to walk them around while i packed my cars and chargers. I walked her out and there was this car parked in front with some kids in it. when i came back in this 15 M/B followed me in from that car. he was extreemely rude and tried offering to buy one of my cars and i said no. he then grabbed one of my controllers trying to get one of my cars to go. I politely but sternly told him to put it down. he kept being pushy in wanting to try the car out and i told him no that i was leaving, he was rude, pushy and very touchy feely with the equipment. he finally left me alone and started bothering the guy who opens the place (sorry i cant remember his name right now). once again he was very pushy and rude trying to rent a car to try. after a while he gave up and left. i got done packing my things and we talked about the kid for a bit not believing how rude he was. he left such an uncomfortable feeling that the door to the track was locked after i walked out the door.

thier car was parked about 30 feet from my van. I opened the passenger side door and put my equipment in and then walked to the drivers side and met up with my wife. I opened the other sliding door on the drivers side and picked up my boy and put him in his car seat. i looked over to where the other car was with the rude kid sitting in the back seat. he was looking at me while holding a #$%^ gun!!!

now those of you who do no know me i have been a police officer for over 6 years. i know a gun when i see one.

the kid did not move out of his car. i picked up my daughter and told my wife to get in the van (she did not question me this time, she knew something was up) i put my daughter in her car seat and i put the stroller away and i got the hell out of there.

my cell phone was battery was dead and by the time i called madison PD they would have been gone. this kid was only trying to intimidate me anyway. otherwise i would be out about $20 and all my gear right now.

i knew that the guy in the track was safe because he locked the door behind me.

i had to get out of there because of my family.

i wanted everyone to know about this so that they can be on the look out for suspicious activity. all we need is someone to loose a life over a car.

bill
Old 08-02-2003, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Don't let this discourage you Marca is a good club. Hopefully the punks won't come back.
Old 08-02-2003, 07:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

i am not discouraged things happen
just thought it was a safety issue