Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Trackside Pre Race Motor Inspection!! >

Trackside Pre Race Motor Inspection!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trackside Pre Race Motor Inspection!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Trackside Pre Race Motor Inspection!!

Ok, so i've noticed that people in the sportsman class for dirt racing at Trackside Hobbies have been using 12turn motors, brushless motors like these 10.5 brushless ones somebody pointed out to me and other motors, IT'S A 27-TURN MOTOR CLASS!!! I think that they should see what the people there are using before they race to make the races fair. I'd like to see what others have to say so please leave a comment.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by not home
Ok, so i've noticed that people in the sportsman class for dirt racing at Trackside Hobbies have been using 12turn motors, brushless motors like these 10.5 brushless ones somebody pointed out to me and other motors, IT'S A 27-TURN MOTOR CLASS!!! I think that they should see what the people there are using before they race to make the races fair. I'd like to see what others have to say so please leave a comment.
Ive never noticed anything like that, and im sure Scotty wouldnt allow that. and you'd also be able to tell if they have a quicker motor in there truck/buggy by how fast it goes down the straight away.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

He is right Josh....there have been some pretty fast sportsman vehicles out there.

However.......sportsman is "Run What Ya Brung." It is there in order to get drivers interested in the class. Even the RTR vehicles are coming with brushless I think.

Might just have to bump up to stock or just concentrate on your driving and necessary the other guys.

Just my 2 cents
Old 03-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by McDonough
He is right Josh....there have been some pretty fast sportsman vehicles out there.

However.......sportsman is "Run What Ya Brung." It is there in order to get drivers interested in the class. Even the RTR vehicles are coming with brushless I think.

Might just have to bump up to stock or just concentrate on your driving and necessary the other guys.

Just my 2 cents
this must be on friday nights then, because if theres a sportsman on thurs i know they are all same speed...
Old 03-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

yeh, it is friday
Old 03-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

I'd have to say best thing is to personally talk to Scotty about it, and tell him how it makes you feel and see if he can do anything about it.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Their is nothing wrong with the sportsman class as it is right now. Aireanna runs a 27turn 4 year old stock motor with 4 year old batteries. Her truck is about the same speed as all the others on any given Friday. If I made her truck faster it would just break even more than it allready does. Speed in sportsman is not an advantage at all. I agree with the run what ya brung rule because it allows any "sportsman" to try the sport with any car/motor/battery that they may have and see if he/she likes it. Scotty will let ya know if it is time to move up and start racing in a more strict class. Sportsman is for fun and in no way should be taken seriously.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KINGZJ
Their is nothing wrong with the sportsman class as it is right now. Aireanna runs a 27turn 4 year old stock motor with 4 year old batteries. Her truck is about the same speed as all the others on any given Friday. If I made her truck faster it would just break even more than it allready does. Speed in sportsman is not an advantage at all. I agree with the run what ya brung rule because it allows any "sportsman" to try the sport with any car/motor/battery that they may have and see if he/she likes it. Scotty will let ya know if it is time to move up and start racing in a more strict class. Sportsman is for fun and in no way should be taken seriously.
did i say that i had a problem with her? no, seeing brushless 10.5 people in a stock 27-turn class just isn't right though. they have the back strait advantage over everybody else! unless you've got some nice batteries and a tuned otta heck motor then u can call it even i guess. sure people that want to start the hobby that have a 10.5bl starting in sportsman just isn't fair though, would you want to face that? WHAT ABOUT LIPO? THE RESTRICTIONS FOR THAT CLASS SAY A 6-CELL BATTERY, AND IN MOD IT SAYS THAT YOU CAN USE A LIPO OR A NIMH/CAD.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I been running my black xxx-t cr in sportsmen and i been running great with the truck. I know some guys who are running brushless but i can stay up to them fine. In sportsmen its most to have a fun time racing and getting better, and it doesn't mater if your brushless or brush it maters how good you are.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

i think we all understand that, thanks for pointing out the obvious
what about when they all get batter and than they still dont move up classes, then what?
Old 03-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Addict

Then we will to go brushless.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

but then we cant run sportsman!
Old 03-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Yes we can
Old 03-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

unless we do what the 10.5 people do then we can but i really wouldn't want to do that because im not for it as you can see, thats the whole reason of this thread.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

I'm gonna jump in here before this gets out of hand.

First of all....calm down, take a breath, and then we'll move on.

These are the current rules for the sportsman class at Trackside.

Any 1/10th scale Truck or Buggy
Any round, rubber tires
Any 27 turn brushed, brushless 17.5 or any RTR motors are allowed.
Any 6 cell battery 4600 mah limit(the 5000mah Venom stick packs are also allowed)
Lithium Polymer batteries are also allowed, but MUST be hard cased, and MUST be charged in an approved LiPo sack

I'm posting these because there seems to be some confusion as to what is and isn't allowed.

Some of these rules are new, and are not necessarily posted on our website. The reason for this is because we are going through a transitional period in our hobby, and certain technologies are being approved or have been approved as recently as 4 weeks ago. Therefore, the rules are adjusted "on the go" sort-a-speak. We try to announce these changes as they take place, but of course there are times when people are not in the pits, not at that particular race, or just not listening to the race director at that particular time.

Now to address the issue of faster vehicles.

Yes, it does from time to time happen where someone will have something more under the hood. Most of the time, the speed advantage he or she has is more of a hiderence than an advantage. The sportsman class or being in the sportsman class really doesn't have anything to do with how fast the car is but rather the skill level of the driver behind the wheel.

Now I realize that what I have just said is somewhat contradictory to the rules that I just posted. Let's just say that the rules posted above are more of a set of guidelines than "set in stone" rules.

Originally Posted by McDonough
However.......sportsman is "Run What Ya Brung." It is there in order to get drivers interested in the class.
Very true. We aren't going to turn anything away(within reason that is). We are here to help you all have fun and enjoy a great hobby in anyway we can.

Originally Posted by KINGZJ
Sportsman is for fun and in no way should be taken seriously.
EXACTLY!!

If anyone has a problem with something going on on race night, let the race director know, and he/she will deal with the problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.