Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Hobbytown - St Charles, IL 2007 - Summer Racing >

Hobbytown - St Charles, IL 2007 - Summer Racing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hobbytown - St Charles, IL 2007 - Summer Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
man Solara did something useful!!

Holy crap that body look pretty cool!! I'd run that!
Then you must learn how to START a engine....200mm NITRO sure buddy..
Old 03-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Does this mean you will be joining us. . . I will promise to run a different body.
I think I can make it out there a few times this summer.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

It is now so ON, that the volume is also turned to 11....I am so down with the GT bodies
Old 03-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shane Reinink
I think I can make it out there a few times this summer.
YaYeee! ! !

As far as bodies go lately I have been partial to the Ferrari 360 & 430. Although next month one of my cars probably will run a NSX.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
It is now so ON, that the volume is also turned to 11....I am so down with the GT bodies

Mr. K...what the heck is this pipe bender thing in my basement. It doesn't work well with turnbuckles.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:18 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I appreciate the enthusiasm and interest for Hobbytown. Keep in mind it's open to all skill levels and age levels. I would love to watch a good mod class, but there are going to be all types of drivers. I think veteran, skilled drivers half to be patient with the less skilled, less experienced drivers who may be running with them with all types of bodies and tires.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
Mr. K...what the heck is this pipe bender thing in my basement. It doesn't work well with turnbuckles.

He better be stopping by to pick up that pipe bender so he can use it today... There are enough pipes that have been bent over someones knees at the place we are going to be at today

see you at 3 rob !
Old 03-24-2007, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
I appreciate the enthusiasm and interest for Hobbytown. Keep in mind it's open to all skill levels and age levels. I would love to watch a good mod class, but there are going to be all types of drivers. I think veteran, skilled drivers half to be patient with the less skilled, less experienced drivers who may be running with them with all types of bodies and tires.

I'm pretty sure that most, if not all, of the guys planning to run open/modified classes are capable of dealing with slower cars. However, it's always in a race track's best interest to not allow a novice or first timer to put themselves in a class that's way over his or her head. Nothing good can be gained by someone racing an overpowered car that they can't handle in a class that they don't belong in, regardless of what class their car falls into.

I highly doubt there will be 9-year old kids with RTRs entering the modified or open electric touring car class, but that's just a guess.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
I'm pretty sure that most, if not all, of the guys planning to run open/modified classes are capable of dealing with slower cars. However, it's always in a race track's best interest to not allow a novice or first timer to put themselves in a class that's way over his or her head. Nothing good can be gained by someone racing an overpowered car that they can't handle in a class that they don't belong in, regardless of what class their car falls into.

I highly doubt there will be 9-year old kids with RTRs entering the modified or open electric touring car class, but that's just a guess.
The only SLOW car @ Mod will be NEXUS Recoil.....and he talk, thinks and drives like a 9-years old........so you are talking about him, right..?
And this is just a joke...you should not say "first timer" not allowed on Mod class....Kevin, Euge, Wallstreet, Robk, Nexus...they are all first timer @ HTSC...all I know is, they are no ROOKIE SOLARA.... (first timer in RC...yes, mod is not for them)
There are NO driver limitation at the Mod class, it is OPEN Mod...you have a mod car mod motor mod batteries mod tires, you are ON.....Donkey Kong.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

For the kids who want the fastest car in the store, I regularly recommend them something slower and easier. Usually thier parents will buy anything the kids want. The next day, they come back with the car in pieces. When the Jato 3.3 came out, I replaced 2 complete chassis that were taco'ed. Also, when you taco a Jato chassis, you shatter the radio tray. Of course, the parents weren't too happy to find out that the parts were on backorder for awhile.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:49 AM
MD
Tech Champion

There are going to be drivers who have a touring car with a mod motor ands no experience. They shouldn't have mod motors or high powered nitros, but some will and that's part of challenge of a parking lot racing at the local level. In today's world speed is the most important thing to some, not control or handling.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
There are going to be drivers who have a touring car with a mod motor ands no experience. They shouldn't have mod motors or high powered nitros, but some will and that's part of challenge of a parking lot racing at the local level. In today's world speed is the most important thing to some, not control or handling.

Nice you're totally describing Rookie Solara's driving. Someone give that Asian kid a Mabuchi!!! He's reckless.

You will know him because his cars usually have a minimum of 84 decals.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:11 PM
MD
Tech Champion

May be that should be a requirement. You must have atleast 84 decals on your car.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sounds like a drag. . . or lots of drag
Old 03-26-2007, 07:28 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Are there any drivers planning to run Tamiya minis ths summer? i have a friend who asked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.