Wiki Posts
Search

Trackside

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
Throttle control solved life's problems when the last layout was dry too, that's why I pushed so hard for letting it be run that way. You had to really keep a light trigger finger or you'd buzz the tires. But no, everybody wanted to setup the track to suit their cars and not the other way around like it should be.

man you are a real winner........

now where is my picture of a toolbox.........
Old 01-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Fine, forget I said anything. Next time I want to make a suggestion I'll make sure I have atleast 4 factory R/C sponsor deals and have spent my past $3,000 in parts at the track hobby shop, since that seems to be the only way to get anyone in management to consider a driver's opinion.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Or you could help build the track.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Nobody listens to me here, what difference would it make in person?
Old 01-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

alot....
Old 01-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

No one is listening because you come in here and basically bash on a track that we spent 2+ days building so that everyone can enjoy it.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

It does matter in person if youre there for the rebuild we take it into consideration and will lay it out and see if it works, if not then we change it.. simple as that...

now please lets quit complaing about the track dry or wet, or to hard... either way u have to drive it, if its dry u have to be smooth, if its wet u have to drive it fast every lap. if theres a hard section u just have to be smart and know how to take that section whether you go balls out and risk .7 a lap or just take it easy and consistant...
Old 01-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

you'd think another 1 or 2 shovels worth of dirt wouldn't be that big a deal, but apparently it is...
Old 01-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

You should always have one on hand and ready to go!
Attached Thumbnails Trackside-power_hand_away_tool_box_with_tote_tray.jpg  
Old 01-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

What a waste of time....

Anyway. Is anyone from Trackside going to Madison for the Mad-City race in 2 weeks? I know the Tamiya race rules out a few.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

So let me get this straight..........you wanted everyone to change their driving style on the last track so that it could be run dry.................but on this track you refuse to change your driving style and just roll a double jump.
So thats 2 tracks in a row that you weren't happy with.............be it with water or a jump.

I guess I don't see how your opinion matters as much as other peoples when you buy half your stuff from the internet and you don't help with the track rebuilds.

Support your local track....help with track builds and then you get to complain
Old 01-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CSeils
I know this has been posted before but...

what is a good starting FDR for a 13.5???
I run a 5.33 with the lrp speedo.............if you have the novak I would start with about a 5.1
Old 01-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by McDonough
What a waste of time....

Anyway. Is anyone from Trackside going to Madison for the Mad-City race in 2 weeks? I know the Tamiya race rules out a few.
it rules out quite a few... down goes trackside in the points...
Old 01-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have to agree dude. You run everything different from everyone else, you don't run the same motor, your truck set up is totally different, and your driving style is totally different. Everyone else is pretty much on par with each other, so why should they build the track to the way you would like it? The good of the many is the case in this situation. And as far as the difficulty of the track. Hey, that's the way it goes, you learn to drive the track, and if consistant lap times means i don't try to clear a jump, then i don't.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

@Josh H - Not quite. Last layout everyone was crying because the dirt was acting like dirt; it dried out over time and got dusty, and loosened up as a result. If you want a smooth, flat, perfectly maintained racing surface there's a big hunk of carpet the next room over. Dirt changes, get used to it. That I have no problem with, that's real dirt racing IMO, where you have to chase the track conditions all night.

The problem I have with this particular jump on this particular track is the fast way through tears up equipment (yes Buck, crashing can be hard on cars, even if nobody's broken yet). Right now it favors the big spenders that don't mind going hell-bent for election if it means time off each lap. Someone who might not have those deep pockets has to either follow suit and pray or go from barely keeping up to dropping back like a stone. I'd like to think I'm one of the faster guys out there and I'm barely pulling it off; some kid with a straight out of the carton motor and budget batteries doesn't have a chance.

Racing should be between drivers and their cars, not wallets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.