Wiki Posts
Search

2007 Novak Race Jan 3-7!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Originally Posted by StoneMan
I'm racing Mini this year at the Novak Race. Do you run TCS rules for Mini?
In Canada we have a battery limit for the Mini class. Does the States? I looked at Tamiya.com and they don't seem to have a different rule for Mini.

I dont believe there is a battery limit for the mini's at the novak race. Battery limit would be the same as goes for the touring cars.. Which means 4300 max, and no lipo packs. Not sure what tcs uses for a limit on cells but last year when 3800's were pretty new alot of guys had 3800 matched packs for there mini's lol with some very good numbers too ,,,,,,, the guys who run mini at the novak take this race very seriously, and it shows cause some of those mini's are really moving out
Old 12-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

some of them are actually faster than some sedans dud'nt that suck
Old 01-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Is there any fees for spectating?

Any rules on camera's?
Old 01-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Section 8
Is there any fees for spectating?

Any rules on camera's?
No fees for spectators - in fact, bring as many as you want for free. The drivers love having an audience, and we usually get some good natured cheering for the mini cooper class.

Cameras are OK as well AS LONG AS YOU use care. Nothing is more irritating than trying to drive and having a flash go off pointed in your direction. If you are going to take pictures, try to do it from the same side as the drivers stand, then you have no chance of "flashing" us blind or distracted. Videotaping is fine as well, but don't be surprised if someone comes up to you and asks for a copy of their driving skills you just taped.