Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Windy city rc raceway and hobbies 2.0 >

Windy city rc raceway and hobbies 2.0

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree225Likes

Windy city rc raceway and hobbies 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adamska27
I'll see you at 7:30 tomorrow morning then
NICE!!!
Old 04-05-2018, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'll see you at 7:30 tomorrow morning then
Alright just over 24 hours until doors open.😄
Old 04-05-2018, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by f1larry
Alright just over 24 hours until doors open.😄
Just givin u a hard time, no worries, I will be there rather early tomorrow, can't wait for a nice weekend of racin'
Old 04-05-2018, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just givin u a hard time, no worries, I will be there rather early tomorrow, can't wait for a nice weekend of racin'
...and we can't wait to see your bright and shiny face.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

So Friday is mainly practice ?
Can I sign up Saturday morning , Can't really make Friday night , I'll see you all Sat . Morning then
Old 04-06-2018, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter
So Friday is mainly practice ?
Can I sign up Saturday morning , Can't really make Friday night , I'll see you all Sat . Morning then
Yes of course
Old 04-08-2018, 08:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Angry

Last night when I hopped onto LiveRC.com to check stats from the USVT Championships Race held this weekend at Windy City RC Raceway & Hobbies I saw something despicable. Several hours after the track was closed and the lights initially went off to all the paid racers who came to participate, one of the employees Tony Drimmel (who is racing in the event) was out on the track practicing.
Most races don't allow anyone on the track when it's closed as it would be unfair to other drivers. Closed should be closed for everyone.

I did not seek out ill-will. I stumbled upon this by accident, only because they left the Live Video feed on. "Conveniently" the practice times were turned off so they would not post online for others to see. I don't know exactly how this works but I know at our home track it happened during an event where the times were being counted locally but not showing up online to look at. Whatever happened It was fixed with a quick button click (i think).
I know a perk and benefit of working at a track is free track time, discounted parts etc. but for a "non-club" event where racers are coming in from out of town that seems a bit dishonest and deceitful to me. When the track is closed, it should be closed for everyone, otherwise I'm sure everyone else could use the track time as well to help them.
I wasn't going to make a big deal about this but when I posted this last night on Windy City RC Raceway & Hobbie's Facebook page, they simply deleted it with no response or explanation.
If we want to keep this hobby and sport growing, cheating and shady practices need to addressed and fixed. Hopefully they rectify the issue today and do the right thing and consider disqualifying him from the event. Considering he is an employee there, I doubt he paid any entry fee to begin with.

I tried to include a few pics and video I recorded but can't because this I had to create a new account since I couldn't remember my old password and email, so I'm restricted.

I have the video posted on Facebook page publicly to view and share, if anyone wants to view it. Search for Jim Elleyn or PM me for the link
Old 04-09-2018, 04:53 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Thanks for a great weekend of racing!
Old 04-09-2018, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys, few quick questions:
1. I'm trying to find the "general" schedule (normal week without events) and class list for off-road; can someone help point me at one? I think off-road is generally Friday/Saturday races but wanted to confirm.

2. My buddies and I are thinking of getting into SCT, (looking hard at the Associated SC10.3 RTR and a 2wd slash for my son) but don't know if 2wd or 4wd is more popular. Don't want to be the only ones with 2wd if everyone runs 4wd etc...) Looking for thoughts.

I know the old thread had some proposals on the classes and schedule, but not sure what wound up getting decided.

Thanks all!!!
Old 04-09-2018, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FastGT94
Hey guys, few quick questions:
1. I'm trying to find the "general" schedule (normal week without events) and class list for off-road; can someone help point me at one? I think off-road is generally Friday/Saturday races but wanted to confirm.

2. My buddies and I are thinking of getting into SCT, (looking hard at the Associated SC10.3 RTR and a 2wd slash for my son) but don't know if 2wd or 4wd is more popular. Don't want to be the only ones with 2wd if everyone runs 4wd etc...) Looking for thoughts.

I know the old thread had some proposals on the classes and schedule, but not sure what wound up getting decided.

Thanks all!!!
Off road racing is Friday evenings and Saturday during the day.

So far the popular classes have been:

Blinky (no boost)
2wd stock short course (17.5)
2wd stock buggy (17.5)
4wd buggy (13.5)
2wd stadium truck (13.5)

If racers show interest, there's enough room to run these classes as mod.

As far as I know, 4wd short course is not run.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

2WD Stock slash would be run if enough show up. Slash can always run inSpirtsmanas well.
Originally Posted by anthonyscardina
Off road racing is Friday evenings and Saturday during the day.

So far the popular classes have been:

Blinky (no boost)
2wd stock short course (17.5)
2wd stock buggy (17.5)
4wd buggy (13.5)
2wd stadium truck (13.5)

If racers show interest, there's enough room to run these classes as mod.

As far as I know, 4wd short course is not run.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cool thanks! Being that the SC10.3 doesn't come with a 17.5, it would need a different motor to run in the races, correct? I'm not sure how the stock 3300 kV brushless motor translates to turns or if that is even a thing... still kinda learning about this stuff.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Great job by the whole WCRC crew for a fun weekend of racin
Impressive showings in many classes by both local and travelling drivers
Good times
Old 04-10-2018, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Is Friday night racing still possibly going to be Offroad and Onroad racing still ?
Or just Offroad now?
Old 04-10-2018, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter
Is Friday night racing still possibly going to be Offroad and Onroad racing still ?
Or just Offroad now?
several of us will be there for onroad. was there something posted that it would only be offroad?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.