Wiki Posts
Search

out with the old in with the new!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 07:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wink out with the old in with the new!

Hey Guys,

I started up my own business in RC start of may 2009 its been an interesting trip so far with its ups and downs but I LOVE IT it is my dream come true.

Busy busy busy, things got relay hectic towards Christmas, everything was going great right up untill 2 weeks before Christmas my website stopped functioning properly.

Add to cart functions were working when they wanted, so i tried for days to figure out the problem it came down to 1 of 2 things:

1: Too many people on the site

2: I'd put all my eggs in 1 basket and not spread out the website functions (i.e forum, cart, videos, blog)

I doubled checked over the 1st solution and there was no possible way it was that. I later found out it was the second problem and codes in the website were conflicting against each other.

I tried and tried to fix the problem but no luck what so ever just too much code to trawl through - so solution ?

Yes a COMPLETE REBUILD not what i wanted a week before Christmas, but none the less i started building the new site at www.xnitrorc.co.uk/new till it was finished as i still had orders coming in from the old site.

Hard work and 6 hours grafting on xmas day the new site was complete!!

Finaly!! - what are your opinions with the new site and the old do you think it was worth it, is it better?

NEW: http://www.xnitrorc.co.uk
OLD: http://www.xnitrorc.co.uk/old

Some of the images on the old site are not functioning properly due to the url change but you get the idea of how it used to be.