Like Tree630Likes

Old TC Cars - Still Racing Competitively

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

I guess you all(Bull, skate...)know the withdrawal symptoms....lol... I don't need to ask you if you're smoking. I already know...lol....
In any case, the tc4 is the one old car most racers still race competitively....
Old 11-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Bert, have you made it past the C-main from the last race vid we saw of you?
Old 11-02-2014, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

Smile

No chance to race after all the serious upgrades.... I will surely make the Amain now... I got to get some time off to go to Horsham since Critters switched to offroad... I'm running the best electronics stuff now compared to the previous FM radio, etc... It should get me on pace for a TQ and Win....
Old 11-03-2014, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
I guess you all(Bull, skate...)know the withdrawal symptoms....lol... I don't need to ask you if you're smoking. I already know...lol....
In any case, the tc4 is the one old car most racers still race competitively....
Horsham is in my neck of the woods,careful what you wish for Bert or you'll be what's getting smoked.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Smile

All the guys at Horsham are good Rc racers with a lot more experience than me, but I don't worry about that... I trust my tc4 will handle most of them. If some get ahead of me, it's probably because of more track time, and more motor tuning with their mms/rms/motolyser machines...... I hope to pass you guys there soon.....lol...... What are you guys driving anyway??? Xray 15's.....lol.... Not T1's....lol....
Old 11-03-2014, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Exclamation

All the guys at Horsham are good Rc racers with a lot more experience than me, but I don't worry about that... I trust my tc4 will handle most of them. If some get ahead of me, it's probably because of more track time, and more motor tuning with their mms/rms/motolyser machines...... I hope to pass you guys there soon.....lol...... What are you guys driving anyway??? Xray 15's.....lol.... Not T1's....lol....
This in a nutshell is why so many guys on this site have a problem with the things you say. You place more emphasis on what people are running and then trying to rip on it(if it isn't a tc4 or Awesomatix it's crap!). DRIVERS WIN RACES, not your "serious upgrades" and putting 550 motors into tc's. I really have no ill will towards you but would rather you never implied things about me(smoking???seriously???) since you do not know me. I'm now done with this,have a great day Bert.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skater-deez1
This in a nutshell is why so many guys on this site have a problem with the things you say. You place more emphasis on what people are running and then trying to rip on it(if it isn't a tc4 or Awesomatix it's crap!). DRIVERS WIN RACES, not your "serious upgrades" and putting 550 motors into tc's. I really have no ill will towards you but would rather you never implied things about me(smoking???seriously???) since you do not know me. I'm now done with this,have a great day Bert.
You're making the basic error of applying logic to your responses within this thread.... but rest assured, you will never get through to our resident (blinkered /delusional) fan-boy. But I do believe the race footage does the talking, so we can all take solace in that .
Old 11-03-2014, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

Smile

Well I'm not the one who brought the "smoking" to the table, and we all know Bull and you were joking... So don't be emotional now...lol...Just because I'm a Brother living in Brooklyn does not mean I smoke .....
Also, nobody is really going to bring old Xray chassis at Horsham to beat BERT's tc4, and you know it... I've always raced better drivers with 'better' chassis, from 360v2 to Critters, and never finished last... I'm always in the Cmain somewhere with lots of other seasoned drivers behind me, why??? The tc4 is better than their cars/setup/driver combo for these days .... It can't be that I'm a better driver since I never really practice, except on Rctech....lol....
So in conclusion, the Tc4 is old and it's the only old chassis I really see at the tracks still racing competitively !!!
Old 11-03-2014, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skater-deez1
Horsham is in my neck of the woods,careful what you wish for Bert or you'll be what's getting smoked.
Just get it on film so we can enjoy later

So in conclusion, the Tc4 is old and it's the only old chassis I really see at the tracks still racing competitively !!!
So what are you going to do, for example, when a XXXS or MI3 runs circles around you ? Associated still sells the TC4, and cheap, that is why you see so many. Not because it is the "go-to" chassis. And hey, I'll admit they are ok for what they are... but the constant ranting about how amazing and dominant they are is beyond silly at this point. And your viewpoint on Xray is absurd. It may be around YOU that few of the older ones are seen, but that is not the case everywhere.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Somebody needs to post the bert race vid again......
Old 11-03-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Champion

Wink

There are many BERT videos out there showing the progress I've made from the Jan8th 2012 video(running 27t brushed) to the Nov3rd 2013 video(running 17.5 novak at 3.75 fdr), to the March 23rd 2014 video(17.5t at 3.4375fdr) where I bumped up from the Dmain(beating all the Xrays there), and came out 3rd in the Cmain eventhough one of the racers was too fast to be in the Cmain... Today, I've made over twenty serious upgrades to my tc4.1 that will guarantee me a spot in the Amain at Horsham. I just hope they don't erase the video when I win there...lol...
Old 11-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

There are many BERT videos out there showing the progress I've made from the Jan8th 2012 video(running 27t brushed) to the Nov3rd 2013 video(running 17.5 novak at 3.75 fdr), to the March 23rd 2014 video(17.5t at 3.4375fdr) where I bumped up from the Dmain(beating all the Xrays there), and came out 3rd in the Cmain eventhough one of the racers was too fast to be in the Cmain... Today, I've made over twenty serious upgrades to my tc4.1 that will guarantee me a spot in the Amain at Horsham. I just hope they don't erase the video when I win there...lol...
When I first saw this post I thought it was a joke . . then I realized Bert does not seem to be joking . . . .

/facepalm

good luck in the E main bert . . . hardware upgrades do not equal a spot in the amain . . . excellent driving does, and you can't buy that.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Smile

Mupchu, try to get 4000 posts here first before you can talk to me.....Ok rookie....
Old 11-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Mupchu, try to get 4000 posts here first before you can talk to me.....Ok rookie....

You're gone for a month. Make a new account, and you're gone permantely.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey Losi Type R faithful, I'm prepping a car for a friend with the goal of squeezing in a full size pack.

Of course one of the main issues is pulley clearance. I ordered a couple of the 3Racing pulleys which are available in about every size you could ever need. Luckily the Type R shaft is metric at 4mm, and the pulleys are made for a 4mm shaft.

This is the pulley. Unfortunately I bought them out! But they can be had on ebay etc.

https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod....asp?p_id=5250

And yes the Losi uses a 3mm belt pitch like the 3Racing pulley.

It is then just a matter of shimming it to fit your pack and using the E-clip on the spur side. The pulley secures via a set-screw. So set your clearance and then attach the pulley (I recommend Dremeling a flat spot once you have the distance set) and you're good to go!

I also had to mill the motor mount bulkheads about 1mm. But it doesn't need to be done that fancy and could be done with a belt sander or Dremel. I'm using a steel tray that I also milled down (It's at about .7mm thick now and weighs about 60 grams). I don't have a plastic one available to check clearances with.

With a LRP flow, low profile airtronics servo, full size transponder, SMC 6000mah pack and Team Scream 17.5, and liteweight Mazda its at 1395 grams. It will have a fan and super cap so I will need to get a plastic tray or take some more material out of the tray.

Long story short, for about $10 and 10 minutes you can solve the layshaft clearance issue....

Mike Slaughter
Attached Thumbnails Old TC Cars - Still Racing Competitively-img_3544.jpg   Old TC Cars - Still Racing Competitively-img_3546.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.