R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Vintage Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/vintage-forum-190/)
-   -   91 Bolink Eliminator (https://www.rctech.net/forum/vintage-forum/1020317-91-bolink-eliminator.html)

RCRhino172 06-20-2018 09:33 AM

91 Bolink Eliminator

Someone gave this to me a few years back. It looks like what I was given is everything I'd need to drive it around, except a body. I'm pretty new to Hobby grade RC, so I'm not 100% sure I know what I'm really looking at. There's a radio in the box, receiver on the car, looks like servo, speed controller, and motor are all there. Gears are there. Idk if this car has a differential or if its just a gear on the rear drive axle. There are foam tires on the car, a few spares in the box. I don't think it has any suspension. A couple of what look like NiMH batter packs. possibly a receiver batter pack. I think there's a charger in the box too. Manual is there too. I'll take some pictures later to post if anyone is interested in seeing what I've got.

My question is, what do I do with this? Would it even be possible to find a body for it? It's a 1/10 scale, would any 1/10 scale body work? Do I just charge it up and see if I can get the wheels spinning as is? Are parts available if I want to rebuild, repair, or restore? Is is possible or worth trying to upgrade it to modern electronics? My goal right now is to ultimately get into racing - is there any class right now I might be able to run in with this thing, with or without upgrades or mods? Not talking being competitive obviously (don't want to just be in the way either), but something I can start to learn with and get experience. At a minimum I guess it'd be nice if I could get it running and use it for parking lot practice?

Thanks

chuck_thehammer 06-23-2018 08:53 AM

all true... but it will be like driving a 56 Chevy.. ( stock ) and you just might be in the way.

I had one for a short time... 1992..

HAVE FUN.

67CamaroSS 10-22-2018 10:57 PM

For bodies try rccarkings.net they have several wide bodies that should fit. Ebay also has them.

i had one of these back in their hey day. They do have a ball diff at the axle, which was often over tightened. The had two shocks in the back and used little springs in the front axle carriers

The original ones only took saddle packs. Today, you could probably just run a smaller lipo pack, 1S or 2S and be just fine

Hopefully the tires are still good, those are harder to find.

Good luck with it.

Originally Posted by RCRhino172 (Post 15248879)
Someone gave this to me a few years back. It looks like what I was given is everything I'd need to drive it around, except a body. I'm pretty new to Hobby grade RC, so I'm not 100% sure I know what I'm really looking at. There's a radio in the box, receiver on the car, looks like servo, speed controller, and motor are all there. Gears are there. Idk if this car has a differential or if its just a gear on the rear drive axle. There are foam tires on the car, a few spares in the box. I don't think it has any suspension. A couple of what look like NiMH batter packs. possibly a receiver batter pack. I think there's a charger in the box too. Manual is there too. I'll take some pictures later to post if anyone is interested in seeing what I've got.

My question is, what do I do with this? Would it even be possible to find a body for it? It's a 1/10 scale, would any 1/10 scale body work? Do I just charge it up and see if I can get the wheels spinning as is? Are parts available if I want to rebuild, repair, or restore? Is is possible or worth trying to upgrade it to modern electronics? My goal right now is to ultimately get into racing - is there any class right now I might be able to run in with this thing, with or without upgrades or mods? Not talking being competitive obviously (don't want to just be in the way either), but something I can start to learn with and get experience. At a minimum I guess it'd be nice if I could get it running and use it for parking lot practice?

Thanks