Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2023, 11:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Thread resurrection warning!

Originally Posted by gee-dub
What I hope is re-released and would/will definitely buy:
Kyosho - Ultima and the Fantom: with a belt drive option - can you imagine 4w 1/12th with today's power systems?!
AE - RC10T: with those fabulous narrow front tires
Losi - JRX2 and JRX Pro SE: with the persistence of rere's, have to wonder why Horizon hasn't jumped on the bandwagon. do they own the licensing to the pre-acquisition models(?).
Victor - Super Hi-IQ: fully updated for today's battery chemistries, BL motor analyzer and a large color screen - but keeping the awesome keypad.
Got a text from my local'ish track/shop (Revelation Raceway) that they have a JJ Ultima in stock with one being held for me this week. It got me thinking back to this thread...from almost 6 years ago!
#KYO Update - Purchased both the Ultima and Fantom re-re's when they came out. Will have the JJ Ultima this week. WTG Kyosho.
#AE Update - Still would purchase. Not holding my breath.
#Losi Update - OK, yes I bought the 1/16 JRX2, however that really doesn't count (at least IMO). Still faintly holding out hope

Support your local track/shop(s)!

For anyone posting on the original circulation of this thread, did any of your desires get fulfilled (which)? What, 6 years later, would you (now) like to see re-re'd? For anyone more recently joining RCTech, what would you like to see re-re'd in 2024?
Old 10-19-2023, 08:40 AM
Tech Adept

go ahead and call me crazy. but i think Traxxas might try something next year sense it will the 30th anniversary of the bandit/rustler/stampede. maybe a special edition black plastics original body/paint job release or something to celebrate it. if they don't they're missing a golden opportunity. it'll also be the 25th anniversary of the t-maxx.

not sure if it classifies as a want it to happen or think it will happen but Tamiya Juggernaut. Tamiya is running out of vintage kits to rerelease and the Jug is now over 20 years old. it has to come down the pipe sooner or later.
Old 10-19-2023, 06:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

tamiya monster racer