R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   Red Mosquito raceway in Batavia/Cincinnati, OH 2012/13 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/670678-red-mosquito-raceway-batavia-cincinnati-oh-2012-13-a.html)

Monti 10-16-2012 07:22 PM

Red Mosquito raceway in Batavia/Cincinnati, OH 2012/13

I am happy to announce that carpet racing is going to return to the Cincinnati area once again. Red Mosquito raceway (RMR) "The track with bite" will be located at 299 Haskell lane in Batavia,OH. Batavia is located just out side the I-275 loop just off state hwy 32. The track will be next door to Go Fast raceway which is 15,000 sq ft first class off-road track. While there you will have no need to worry about dust and dirt as there will be a wall separating the two tracks. The combination of the two tracks will fill the need of any R/C racer new or old, basher or expert!

The 60000 sq ft track will hold pits, a small hobby shop (carpet racing related), and new 80x40 CRC carpet track. The building is equipped with heating, A/C and on site restrooms. I will have racing four days a week with practice days when we are not racing. RMR will also play host to the John's BSR BRL finals the weekend of March 22nd to 24th.

I will continue to post information and racing schedule as we get closer to being able to race. My goal is to be up and running by the first weekend in November!

If you have any questions or would like to help, donate time, supplies, or money you can send an email to [email protected]

I look forward to a great 2012/2013 season at RMR and I hope you can plan to attend one of our many races!

Monti

Monti 10-23-2012 07:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I am attaching some photos of the out side and inside. Not much to see but it will give you an idea of the space we will have to work with (about half). More news to follow!

Monti

gti5notrkt 10-24-2012 05:15 PM

What classes will you be running? Oval, TC, 12th?

Monti 10-25-2012 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by gti5notrkt (Post 11364812)
What classes will you be running? Oval, TC, 12th?

All of the above and then some. I hope to have a 1/18 scale/mini revo off road night too.

I never understood the three racers makes a class deal. If you want to pay an entry and run against the clock buy your self than so be it.

Monti

1fastdude 10-25-2012 10:54 AM

Mugen10 10-29-2012 01:50 PM

That is great to know! I just was told about it by Gleason. Do you have a dated for your first race day yet? From what I was told you are going to run on Sundays and I am guessing it will be rubber tire blinky for 17.5 touring. Is that correct?

Thanks

Brian

Monti 10-29-2012 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mugen10 (Post 11381827)
That is great to know! I just was told about it by Gleason. Do you have a dated for your first race day yet? From what I was told you are going to run on Sundays and I am guessing it will be rubber tire blinky for 17.5 touring. Is that correct?

Thanks

Brian

I plan to ready to start racing on the 11th for on road if it turns out sooner ill post on here. You can find us on Facebook at Red Mosquito raceway too.
I would assume that will be what the tc class will end up running. I am game to run what everyone wants.

Monti

Mugen10 10-29-2012 02:19 PM

That sounds good Monti,

Thanks for the fast update. I will get my cars ready to run and keep looking for updates.

Go Fast Hobby 10-31-2012 01:42 PM

Looking forward to running on some carpet with you guys!! :nod:

Monti 11-01-2012 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by Go Fast Hobby (Post 11390079)
Looking forward to running on some carpet with you guys!! :nod:

Awesome, thats what I like to hear!

Monti

Mugen10 11-05-2012 05:49 PM

Monti,
Have you got any new updated pictures posted on FB or hobbyT?
I will not be able to make the Nov. 11 race but I know you will have a few guys from Lexington will up to race. I will be up the week after for sure.

Monti 11-05-2012 06:20 PM

There is a face book page search red mosquito raceway. Look forward to seeing you soon!

Monti

Monti 11-08-2012 05:37 AM

The plan is to open by 10am race at 1pm.

The issue I have right now is that I had to reschedule my carpet guy to Saturday and my track barriers have not arrived yet. I still have a shot at opening on Sunday for racing but I am not sure if it will happen.

I only have one shot at a first impression and I want to make it a good one. I will announce tomorrow if we are a go or not. If it does not seem we can get it done I will try for a week day opening or next Sunday for sure. I appoligize, it some times is not as simple as it can be.

Stay tuned Mr. Murphy has arrived!

Monti

Monti 11-09-2012 05:45 AM

There will be no racing on Sunday! :0(

I've tried my best to have everything ready but my barrier system will not arrive till Monday. I am very sorry to all those that planned to come out and support the track. This extra time will allow me some extra time to get more "i's" dotted and "t's" crossed. It was a very large challenge to build and open a track in thee weeks and I almost did it! Next week we will race for sure I look forward to seeing everyone then.

Please pass the word along to those that don't follow all the forms.

Thank you!

Monti

gti5notrkt 11-14-2012 09:53 AM

Any update?

Monti 11-14-2012 10:51 AM

Well the carpet has been seemed and the walls are almost up! The on road barriers arrived yesterday. Things are a good for this weekend with oval racing on Saturday and On road on Sunday. I can't wait to race all of this track building is getting old!

So everyone knows the prices for racing will be $15 on weekends for three heats and a main. The week night on road racing will be $12 for two heats and the main. I am also going to offer discount cards of buy 4 races get 1 FREE for $60 for the weekend and $48 for the week night racing.

Practice fees are $5 but right now I don't have a planned practice night yet. We are gonna start on road racing this Sunday, open at 10 with racing starting at 1 pm.

Next week Nov 21st we will be on road racing the track will open at 3pm (I did post 4 on facebook but it's now 3) with racing to start at 7pm with 2 heats and a mian. There will be a more offfical schedule posted by next week!

Monti

Brian Alderman 11-15-2012 02:07 PM

What will be your opening and starting times for onroad racing on Sundays?

Thanks
Brian

Monti 11-15-2012 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Brian Alderman (Post 11445872)
What will be your opening and starting times for onroad racing on Sundays?

Thanks
Brian

Sunday the track will open at 10am with racing starting at 1pm

Monti

jkirkwood 11-19-2012 07:22 AM

For 1/12th are you all running mod or stock?

Monti 11-19-2012 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by jkirkwood (Post 11457940)
For 1/12th are you all running mod or stock?

Right now 17.5 for sure and I hope to get a group of 13.5 going too. I'm not all that fires up about mod since it will
Just pull racers away from more popular classes.

Let me know if you need anything to get going I have two associated kits on order.

Monti

jkirkwood 11-19-2012 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Monti (Post 11457972)
Right now 17.5 for sure and I hope to get a group of 13.5 going too. I'm not all that fires up about mod since it will
Just pull racers away from more popular classes.

Let me know if you need anything to get going I have two associated kits on order.

Monti

Thanks, 17.5 is fine with me.

Monti 11-26-2012 05:26 AM

Great racing yesterday, thank you to everyone who came out. Plus there was a lot of new faces in the pits!

Winners were;

Jeremiah in USGT, TQ as well
Jr Norton in 17.5 TC, TQ as well
Monti in 17.5 1/12, TQ as well

We race again on Wed, track will open at 3 with racing at 7. See everyone there!

Monti

Mugen10 11-27-2012 03:47 PM

Monti,

You will have a crew coming up from Kentucky to race Sunday. I will be ready for some TC and 12th scale. The idea of 13.5 blinky 12th scale sounds like a good idea. I hope the class will start.

Monti 11-27-2012 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mugen10 (Post 11489034)
Monti,

You will have a crew coming up from Kentucky to race Sunday. I will be ready for some TC and 12th scale. The idea of 13.5 blinky 12th scale sounds like a good idea. I hope the class will start.

Glad to hear it! I'll run 13.5 with you for sure and I'll see if chuck wants to run 13.5 as well. Look forward to seeing you Sunday!

Monti

Mugen10 11-27-2012 05:06 PM

:rolleyes:

I can't pull the trigger on 13.5 in 12th scale that fast. I will have to buy a motor so I am going to have to sit on the sidelines for a while. If it grows and becomes consistent I will invest in a motor to run. I do think the 13.5 or 10.5 would be better for the track size.

Monti 11-27-2012 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mugen10 (Post 11489333)
:rolleyes:

I can't pull the trigger on 13.5 in 12th scale that fast. I will have to buy a motor so I am going to have to sit on the sidelines for a while. If it grows and becomes consistent I will invest in a motor to run. I do think the 13.5 or 10.5 would be better for the track size.

If you have a 17.5 you can run then since there will be some guys for that class. Lmk I have a few 13.5 motors you can borrow till you get one.

Monti

mtpocketsracing 11-27-2012 09:06 PM

stopped by sunday. looks like a fun time in there guys. I'd like to get into this.
but the only onroad electric I had was a 1/10 yokomo touring car way back in like 2001. i never got to run it though. I used to run a serpent impulse out at joyce park way back then too. but been out of it since 03 or so.

I have no idea all the terminology you guys are using. lol
could you guys give me an idea what it would take for me to get into racing there? (as far as the type of car and motors etc)

oh and what doors should we be using for entrance? I didn't want to let dirt in there going through go fast but I couldn't find any other unlocked doors

Monti 11-28-2012 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by mtpocketsracing (Post 11490343)
stopped by sunday. looks like a fun time in there guys. I'd like to get into this.
but the only onroad electric I had was a 1/10 yokomo touring car way back in like 2001. i never got to run it though. I used to run a serpent impulse out at joyce park way back then too. but been out of it since 03 or so.

I have no idea all the terminology you guys are using. lol
could you guys give me an idea what it would take for me to get into racing there? (as far as the type of car and motors etc)

oh and what doors should we be using for entrance? I didn't want to let dirt in there going through go fast but I couldn't find any other unlocked doors

You can enter at door 5/6, it's about 3 or 4 doors down from Go Fast.

As for equipment you are gonna want to get a few things.

First would be a car, the reason why is that even though your Yokomo might work and would be fine if you were to break it I am not sure how easy it would be to get parts. Look at the for sale thread on this web site, there are many people selling VTA or USGT cars all the time.

I feel the best way to get into on road racing is through the VTA class or the USGT calss. In these classes I recomend getting an older associated touring car since you can get parts rather easy and you can find nice used ones almost any where. When you buy used, buy a car that has a lot of spare parts or look for spare parts on line. That way if you break you can fix your car at the track.

As for motors I would suggest getting a Novak brushless combo system. They make several motor and esc combo's spacific to VTA and USGT racing.

You will also need a lipo battery (I suggest getting two) you will want a 2 cell hard case battery and a lipo spacific charger. You can find a lot of this used as well. I would suggest you buy the batteries new.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask or look around on this web site. There is a ton of information for USGT and VTA racing in reguards to rules and equipment.

Check out this too http://www.usvintagetransam.com/

Also stop buy again and ask questions of the other racers, knowledge is the key to racing and some one is always willing to help!

Thanks

Monti

If anyone else has any suggestions or ideas please post them!

mtpocketsracing 11-28-2012 01:24 PM

I got rid of that yokomo way back in 2003. so I need a new car. just need suggestions on what you guys run. I don't want to buy a car only 1 other guy has and shows up 2 times a year with it.
already have a hitec x4 charger

Monti 11-30-2012 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by mtpocketsracing (Post 11492771)
I got rid of that yokomo way back in 2003. so I need a new car. just need suggestions on what you guys run. I don't want to buy a car only 1 other guy has and shows up 2 times a year with it.
already have a hitec x4 charger

Well after two weekends of racing I can say USGT and 17.5 TC will be around. So I suggest you go with one of those two classes.

Monti

Mugen10 12-04-2012 02:09 PM

Great race day Sunday. The track had sick traction! Wow
I should be back for some more fun with the other lex. Guys in 2 weeks

Monti 12-05-2012 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mugen10 (Post 11515721)
Great race day Sunday. The track had sick traction! Wow
I should be back for some more fun with the other lex. Guys in 2 weeks

Glad to hear you had a great time! Thanks for making the trip.

Monti

tlmarshall59 12-12-2012 05:54 PM

Will be at least 5 of us with Losi Mini Late Models at Red Mosquito Raceway Friday night checking out how they work on the new carpet oval!

justag3 12-23-2012 04:44 AM

Stopped out to see the track,,,,Monti is so helpful, answering questions about classes, rules, suggestions on chassis for a newbie! TRACK IS CLEAN AND FAST, he also has a great selection of tires,motors,batteries,gears,bodies,, thanks again Monti for taking time answering my questions, great track owner!

Mugen10 12-28-2012 11:34 AM

The Lexington KY crew will be up this Sunday to race. I think everyone I ride with jump ship to X-ray after the tc but kicking.:lol:

Mugen10 01-18-2013 10:00 AM

so what is the word on running the D3.5 motor?

Monti 01-18-2013 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mugen10 (Post 11694370)
so what is the word on running the D3.5 motor?

You can run it, just not at a race that uses ROAR rules.

Monti

Mugen10 01-18-2013 09:12 PM

Ok sounds good. I got my 3.5 cheat ready to rip.:)

Monti 01-24-2013 04:58 AM

I have up dated the region 5 thread to with some new info and schedule for the race.

We will still be racing while I am at the Snowbirds!

The schedule will be as follows;

Jan 26th oval racing open at 10 am racing at 4 pm
Jan 27th on road racing open at 10 am racing at 1 pm
Jan 28th closed
Jan 29th closed
Jan 30th closed
Jan 31st closed
Feb 1st closed
Feb 2nd on road racing open at 10 am racing at 3 pm
Feb 3rd on road racing open at 10 am racing at 1 pm

Feb 2nd is on road racing at RMR!!!!

Thanks,

Monti

BigRon 01-24-2013 12:03 PM

Who all plans to run F1 at the region race?