Wiki Posts
Search

RC Tracks of Ohio, and the midwest in general

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default RC Tracks of Ohio, and the midwest in general

I posted this in the Indiana/Michigan section, but I actually am looking for Ohio more then Michigan. I've tried getting in touch with a few of the Ohio tracks to no avail. I have tried getting with The Ohio RC factory, CRCRC, Go Fast and never have gotten a reply. Not sure if they think it is a scam or just aren't interested. So if you are involved with any of those tracks please get with me.

----My Original Post----
Been working on this for a little while and it is pretty much ready for the public. It is still under construction and going through many changes on a daily basis.
GoodhewsRC

Originally it started out as just a track directory. I wanted to be able to look at a map and see exactly where I was in in correlation to the tracks of the midwest. Every track has pin on the map and a page. I am trying to gather as much information as possible on each track.

Each tracks page will have all the important information; address, contact, schedule and what they run(on-road, off-road, etc.) Hoping to have pictures of the facilities. Also would like to keep information like what classes are big, average turn outs, and what the the tire most are running. This is of course limited by how much tracks actually work with me. I have tried contacting some tracks, about 50% have gotten back with me, as of now. If you have a track or now someone who runs a track, get with me, [email protected]. It is 100% free and is only going to help business and your track.

I also have Trophy Race section dedicated to bigger races. It has a calendar that has all the big races marked. This is to help racers know what races are coming up, but also helps tracks plan things out in advance. Hopefully we can keep tracks from stepping on each others tow's. Also it will have the race flyers for each event, in order of what is coming up. If you have an event scheduled and would like to get it on the calendar please let me know. But, this will only have the big races, it would get far to confusing keeping up with everyone's club racing schedule on one calendar.

The forum actually just launched last night and think it may be our highest traffic area. I really am excited for this because it allows everyone a chance to be a part of this. The classifieds section helps you find stuff a little more locally then other classifieds. But, also a chance to talk about your track, races or really anything. You actually sign in through facebook it will have their profile picture, so you will really feel like everyone is a real person.

That is just the beginning of GoodhewsRC, I am really hoping it will grow and become a real asset to the Midwest RC Community. I have a lot of high hopes for it and lots of plans. I am planning on having a news and reviews section, where I post the latest RC news and maybe even give some reviews on rc products. There will be a lot of giveaways and contest. Actually I am working on one right now, I Have a Speed Passion Reventon, but just can't decide what way to go about the contest.