Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
New Jersey (Bergen, Passaic County Area) New Track For Onroad Racing! >

New Jersey (Bergen, Passaic County Area) New Track For Onroad Racing!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Jersey (Bergen, Passaic County Area) New Track For Onroad Racing!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Adept

Exclamation New Jersey (Bergen, Passaic County Area) New Track For Onroad Racing!

There has been some interest in finding a race place in the Bergen, Passaic County area of North New Jersey.

I have taken the first steps in locating a possible place to race on a regular basis.

My goal is to have one night of racing during mid week every week and possibly look at having something either friday night or saturday night every other week.

I am aware that Saturday night in north jersey Dirtrunners holds a race every other weekend. So i would most likely hold it on opposite weekends.

I have located a few possible sites that could give us about 85x50 feet of track space.

Please let me know if anyone has interest or questions by either posting on this thread or emailing me at [email protected]

As of now plans are to start with Touring Car and 1/12 scale racing. We do not intend to run that many more classes we do want to keep it so that it will be more racing for each of us than standing around waiting. Our intent is to have at least 3 heats and a Main if time permits.

Hope to hear from you all.
Thanks!

Just so that i can contact anyone interested when it is all set and ready i will place any replies to this thread on my buddy list. when it is ready i will send out a PM to all of you have have responded just to let you know when we have set it up.
Thanks again.

Last edited by Hypnomagic; 12-08-2004 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

Default P.S.

I am not a Hobby Shop owner.

Just a guy that loves to spend time doing what i love to do on my free time.

Looking for a hand full of guys for some good competitive racing.

So far the small group that has showed interest are good all around guys with good driving skill who love the hobby as much as i do.

Hope to meet some more!

Old 12-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

hello, im serisously interested.. i have to drive over an hour away to race at a decent track.
Ive been to dirtrunners.. its fun but the track is not very challenging. its more of a challenge avoiding lap traffic
if you are serisous.. i will support the cause.
touring and 1/12th pan roadcourse!

Last edited by dynasty; 12-09-2004 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Adept

Default Glad to hear we have some interest

Im glad your interested and thanks for the response.

Right now we have five guys with 1/12 scale. All are very good drivers and you may have seen them at dirtrunners.

Anyone interested please send me an email so i can contact you all when it is finally set in stone.

Spread the word so we can all have a great place to race.

Enjoy!
Old 12-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Adept

Default also have touring cars

Forgot to mention also have at least 4 or 5 touring cars so far.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Count me in for Touring car. I really hope this comes together. I have 2 other racers that you can add to the list.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You could count me in if it works out. Dirtrunners is cool, but a little to small to really open the touring car..
Old 12-09-2004, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Man, I wish I still lived in NJ. I used to live in Wayne but I moved south a few years ago. Anyone remember EMC Track & Trains or Zeppelin Hobbies?
Old 12-09-2004, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by SammyXp
Man, I wish I still lived in NJ. I used to live in Wayne but I moved south a few years ago. Anyone remember EMC Track & Trains or Zeppelin Hobbies?
EMC and Zeppelin!! Ha ha your old school like me!! Those were the good ole days!
Old 12-09-2004, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by ghuber
EMC and Zeppelin!! Ha ha your old school like me!! Those were the good ole days!
Oh yeah, haha, I'm old school to the core. I've still got my RC10 that I used to race at Zeppelin, still shod with black dot foam tires, haha. My brother still has the RC10L that he used to race at EMC. That was the coolest indoor carpet oval I've ever seen.

Gary Huber, ya know - your name does sound familiar. I must have heard it over the loudspeakers at either track.

So what's this new track layout going to be like?
Old 12-09-2004, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default memories!

remember BIR hobby shop in union? and Queens off-roaders in LIC? thats O.G!..
Old 12-09-2004, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Been there done that

Ol Mr. Bob and nothing like Queens off-road
Old 12-09-2004, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: memories!

Originally posted by dynasty
remember BIR hobby shop in union? and Queens off-roaders in LIC? thats O.G!..
I can't remember anything about BIR - is that the one that was under the Rt 4 overpass? Or no, that was Robinson Raceway or something like that.
It sure does seem like tracks come and go a lot in NJ. Dirt Runners has been around as long as I can remember, but other than that, people in NJ seem to lose interest in certain places relatively quickly.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:45 PM
Tech Addict

I think the biggest problem with opening a track in northern NJ is the price to rent or buy real estate. I know that Zeppelin decided to downside and due away with their track because the cost of rent increased while the volume of racers was decreasing.

EMC, well I just heard the full story on that last weekend at Dirtrunners. Apparently the owner was making no money, but he didn't have much of anything in his shop. Rumor has it that Trinity offered to take over the track and by the time the owner was done with it he was so discusted with the R/C thing he didn't even want to be bothered so they bulldozed the entire track. Afterwards I think a rock climbing gym went in there, then a dance studio, which to my knowledge still remains today.

Someone needs to set up a nice place in northern NJ. I'm hate driving to tracks.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah real estate is insane in Northern NJ. I don't blame Ed for downsizing Zeppelin. He made most of his money on the slot races though, and he's still got that going so he is better off.

I hadn't heard the full story about EMC - wow so Trinity was thinking about picking it up, huh? Man, that would have been a great facility if that deal went through. I lived less than a mile from EMC and actually rode my bike there.

Since we've pretty much gone off topic and you seem to have the scoop on all these tracks, hehe, do you have any idea what happened to Megatrack?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.