Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RT281 Raceway "Off-road" Friedens, PA 15501

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Oh yeah, Shawn, thanks for everything you have accomplished, as it benefits so many more than a bunch of guys with toy cars. It has created a very cool and close group of friends, in this world today friends are a valuable and cherished gift. I think that another great side effect is that you have a home now, and that thoughts we discussed a year ago are coming to fruition. I thank you Shawn, but more than that, I am glad that you now can plant roots and relax a bit knowing you are well on your way to your vision, and you have a group of friends that will help you anytime, and anyway they can.

Eric and Tyler, I thank you for years of friendship, and years of feeding one of my favorite addictions. Playing with really cool toys!!!!!!! On a really cool track that owes it's true identity to you two, and all that were there to help, here is the part of my job that I hate, I haven't been able to be there as much as I would like. I know from the first couple of years I was able to help how much work it takes.. Eric, Tyler, Thanks!!!!

Brexton, Brian, Dan, Ed, Ethan, Jim, Jon, Ken, Matt, Rich, Tim, and associated family members, I can't wait to get up to Rt 281 and see you all...(I tried to mention everyone I could think of, alphabetically so I didn't get hassled about the order) If I forgot to mention you, I obviously haven't wrecked you, See you all soon...
Old 10-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Put some finishing touches on track this morning!! Played around last night with a different layout some!! I made the decision to change for last event of season, but this by no means a end to some practice sessions, but weather will be issue for & interest?

Weather to be GREAT!! Wings are bought & soon will be ready to devoured!! Have a safe trip & hope to see ya's tomorrow !
Old 10-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sportin' Wood
Put some finishing touches on track this morning!! Played around last night with a different layout some!! I made the decision to change for last event of season, but this by no means a end to some practice sessions, but weather will be issue for & interest?

Weather to be GREAT!! Wings are bought & soon will be ready to devoured!! Have a safe trip & hope to see ya's tomorrow !
Can't wait till tomorrow going to be a fin time
Old 10-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

You bet cha!!! Thanks again for all ur help Thursday!! This small rain can only make it better!!?? Hope everyone likes the changes? It kinda really fell together today.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What a great time at the track today that was a really cool Format. not as good of a turn out as I hoped but wow there was some really good racin today. Congrats to the winners of the POKER RUN.....not me im sad.....Nice to have Bruce back with us today. well brexton lost his I-pod at the track tonight....so if anyone happens to find it it has a black case on it

Last edited by weyant; 10-05-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

man wish I would have known there was still racing today. figured with all the rain we got it woulda been washed out. complete down poor all last night and today. had my new bodies all painted up and trimmed out and ready to go.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Awsome day. Really liked track set up. Had a blast even with all the carnage, some day when I learn how to stay on the track and my wheels will be that much better.. Any how thanks everybody for a great year and I will see everybody out there next year if not before.....
Old 10-06-2013, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

First i want to say Bruce Thanks. I consider you a good friend and i am so glad you got some much need "work R&R" in.

For those that made it out yesterday I hope you had Fun. I again had other commitments and then worse Headache ever.

I have learned alot this year about the track how it can run better and worse. I had some time to step back from it (thanks Eric and Tyler) and to see it from another perspective.

I want to thank everyone for all you do! It really helps to have racers that take ownership in the track.

And i have to say that Eric and Tyler Herwig made this happen this year!
I just had too much on my plate.

I will make sure in 2014, we will have a lot of the hiccups fixed!

this year ends our offical second racing year,

My plans for next year are simple but should be very effective.

1) Solid Schedule ( Every other week) Next week left for rain dates
2) Points Schedule that is spread out further to allow more racers to participate
3) Larger Races Scheduled and held too. ( Fathers Day Race, Championship Race, And the Poker Race and Money Race) will all be announced in the beginning of the year with no change
4) Basic Parts stocked at the track.
5) Grilled Food and Drinks ( i will use my family)
6) 12:00 Noon Start times.
7) All Awards will be finished in the spring! this awards problem is not funny! Also since we are working on the schedule early, we plan on gaining the support of the rc companies as sponsors and door prizes.

that's about it for now,

Again thanks for everything.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Troy M Hanna
Had a blast even with all the carnage, some day when I learn how to stay on the track and my wheels will be that much better.
Troy, you have some of the most entertaining/dangerous wrecks we have ever seen yesterday (tree, loop disaster, back stretch with Jim J.) Please correct me if wrong & it was your partner in crime LOL!!! Thanks for everything!!!

Brexton racing Ken in last heat dragging his body sideways on final lap!!!

Steve Kirk landing his truggy over the back fence off vert wall!!! Thank you Tim for retrieving!! I wasn't venturing back from gate area in shorts??!! Not sure what lives back there LOL!!!

Justin for perfectly QUADING the front doubles the last heat of ebuggy!!! That was my thought for when I added the ramp over wood wall!!

To everyone that made yesterday possible, THANK YOU for allowing me to add some new twists to RC Racing!!! But honestly, I am ready for my hibernation from track maintenance, lugging all computer components, & feeding you knuckleheads LOL!! Alot of stress goes into help running a track & my hat goes off to all owners of tracks all around.

To Brian, you did a great job in the booth yesterday!!! Wish I could call races like you & Tyler, but kinda like to be the silent partner.

I'll make it out to watch my "GOOD FRIENDS" race some indoor tracks this winter.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Great job yesteday Eric. Plenty of exciting racing, good food, lots of good humor and frienship all around. One of the best times I had all year! Wish the crowd would have been a little larger but I'll take it. Had a blast!
Thanks
Old 10-07-2013, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Had a great time on Saturday, thanks to Eric and everyone who made it out.

Hope to see you all again next year...I'll be at Bumps and Jumps in the fall/winter/spring indoor season for their points races. If you make it down look me up.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone going to play this weekend?
Old 10-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I was but it's been raining all day

Last edited by Revo Dan; 10-11-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

It was too wet this afternoon, big puddles and wet. If anyone is going tomorrow, please let us know if the track dried any. Also, Tuesday looks good if anyone wants to play.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Adept

Got my steering figured out in my XXX sct, cool, switched to the buggy chassis, now to pick Ken's brain for setup tips..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.