Search

Hobby Central (SD Area)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Tech Addict

I am down to race there.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Well if they didn't charge the racers for something they havn't got, then maybe they would still have turnouts. They have raced there for approx. 7 years with decent turnouts, then all of a sudden, when they raised the entry fee, no one is showing up. Coinsidence? Uh, I think so. I liked racing there, and I pay the extra amount no problem, but everyone doesn't want to, I guess.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I agree. But I want somewhere to race locally. I don't think raising the entry was right at all. But if we want to have a chance to ever get to race there with that timing system we've paid for, we gotta get people out there to race.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

I even went there and ran when they didn't race, lol. If they expect support from the racers, then they have to support the racers. Raising the race fee, but not shelling out anything from their side to get a timing system? That's bull.
I'd love to go there and race (because it's only 20-30 minutes away) but it'd be nice to see some improvements:
1. More organization, no more races that start after noon.
2. Timing system, if they are going to hand count, then I can just do that from my radio. If they aren't going to get a transponder system, then they should lower their race fees ($10-12), not $15
Old 07-25-2005, 08:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

3. Hire new announcers that dont snore during peoples races. Those ass clowns running the races dont realize that it is them making the race boring, it's their job to get some exciting announcing going even if its for the slower classes that arent so exciting.