Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARC Raceway....Temecula CA 2011

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

*******************ATTENTION RACERS*****************

We are sorry to announce that Race 1 of the Snowman Series is canceled. The track got hit real hard in last nights rain and is totally flooded. We apologize for the inconvenience and we will be update our website and the forums to inform you when the rescheduled Race 1 will be.

Please tell your racing friends and spread the word.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well that's a bummer. So much for the hall pass!

I think the snowman is cursed
Old 12-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

That sucks that rain hit it hard
those of u who were heading up from san diego
Since arc is closed 1/8 wonder is going to be open
check out 1/8 wonder thread for details
Old 12-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

*******************Attention Racers**********************

Race 1 of the Snowman Series has been rescheduled to December 31st.

Please mark your calendar and tell all your racing friends.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:11 PM
HH
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Flooding problem

When the track becomes flooded/over-saturated and anticipated events are canceled it's always disappointing for us racers and I'm sure it's far worse than that for ARC Staff with all of the lost revenue and the continuing muddy messy cleanup!

This truly has become somewhat of a recurring theme for the Snowman Series the past couple of years. Unfortunately it is likely this over-saturation problem will continue to cause the cancellation of future event dates and more cleanup work for ARC Staff unless some grading changes are implemented to the entire site and even incorporated into all of the future track designs.

While there are certainly more qualified people than myself when it comes to landscape architecture, however I have gathered a good bit of experience in this area through 20+ years of design-build projects that included site-wide development. In a perfect world ARC's track would be built on higher ground and/or on top of several layers of rock and base that included a properly designed perforated piping/landscape drainage system which would virtually eliminate the over-saturation problem or at least speed up the recovery time to a matter of hours rather than days. I have seen Revelation Raceway go from almost completely under water (with more puddled water than dirt visible) to race ready conditions in just over 2 hours.

Given the conditions that exist at the current location of ARC's track there are still some things that can be implemented (retrofit) that will make it recover much faster and require only minimal maintenance. The short version is.. ensure all of the racing surface has a minimum of 5% grade, preferably more (which won't even be noticed by the drivers), with absolutely no "level" areas at all, and along with the rest of the entire track site, slope everything towards one or two collection areas (sumps) that have automatic (sump) trash pumps which will evacuate the water and mud away from the track site to a lower elevation (24/7) any time there is rainfall and without requiring the presence of ARC Staff.

Just adding this feature alone will eliminate flooding and prevent the racing surface from becoming over-saturated. A little extra work up front will result in lower maintenance and simplify the track preparation on race days not to mention no more event cancellations from rainfall that occurred days prior to scheduled race dates. I would be happy to volunteer with assistance in any capacity if you guys should ever decide to implement something like the above suggestion. My .02 for what its worth.

HH

Last edited by HH; 12-19-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ARC Raceway
*******************Attention Racers**********************

Race 1 of the Snowman Series has been rescheduled to December 31st.

Please mark your calendar and tell all your racing friends.
Hmm trying to decide if I have a life or not. =)
Old 12-20-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Damn thats my boys b day and the evening most people r getting with fam. For new years celebration i understand there is not many open dates for rc with all the other tracks but feel this one is going to hurt turn out a little i know i can not make.
oh well
Old 12-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thats a Bummer forsure. Good luck to all that attend as i will not be able to make the series,with two confirmed throwouts.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Tech Adept

ATTENTION RACERS

After a large amount of people already having plans for news Years Eve, along with an alerting amount of negative feedback in response to the Snowman Series Race 1 rescheduled date of December 31st, Race 1 of the Snowman Series will be rescheduled to the end of the series.

Race #1 of the Snowman Series will actually be January 7th 2012. Please mark you calendar and we SINCERELY apologize for all the inconveniences!

We will post the date of Race 4 (rescheduled Race 1) as soon as we can.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

thanks for working with the racers on this dan and gary will see you on the 7th for round one cant wait
Old 12-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you for the heads up. Looking forward to it!
Old 12-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Is there going to be racing or practice this Sat?
Old 12-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'll be there one way or another...
Old 12-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

The track will be open for club racing this Saturday new years eve. We will be closed new years day.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Adept

The Snowman Series rescheduled Race 1, which is now Race 4, will be on Saturday February 11th 2012. Please mark your calendars racers.

Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.