Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin >

PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 03:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks to you guys for the kind words on the program yesterday. I've never seen more lead changes at the end of a race than between Tim and Tony in mod truck - you guys put on one heck of a show! The big late models were pretty awesome as well - if we got 6-8 of those on the track at one time it would be absolutely amazing.

Last edited by carcrusher46; 02-07-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carcrusher46
2/23/11:

I'll just say that silver brushes don't create much brush dust, and endbell fans can do wonders for making a brushed stock motor go fast. That's really all there is to say - I know what I ran was legal, everyone else knows what I ran was legal. If someone has a problem with it, then there's nothing I can do about that so oh well. Ed Godula TQ'd the first round at Doug's Saturday in a field of over 15 very competitive stock trucks with a brushed motor - does that automatically make him a cheater since it's "not possible?"

Thanks to you guys for the kind words on the program yesterday. It's a nice change to come here and see someone actually supporting me. I've never seen more lead changes at the end of a race than between Tim and Tony in mod truck - you guys put on one heck of a show! The big late models were pretty awesome as well - if we got 6-8 of those on the track at one time it would be absolutely amazing.
Yes it was nice to see Tony take the win in Mod. 2wd truck yesterday the best part of it was he won with a 17.5 motor and not the normal 8.5-7.5 motors that people like to run in that class so now I am now wondering who is going to get 17.5 motors to keep up with him
Old 02-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmark17
Yes it was nice to see Tony take the win in Mod. 2wd truck yesterday the best part of it was he won with a 17.5 motor and not the normal 8.5-7.5 motors that people like to run in that class so now I am now wondering who is going to get 17.5 motors to keep up with him
Old 02-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

THIS IS FOR "FAST TONY"
Old 02-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

So what time did you guys finish on friday? I had to work Saturday and left after race 7 of the second round and I didn't make it home till 12:15. I noticed alot of people not following the new rule about putting your truck on the table and going back out to marshall, I guess some people don't get that not everybody wants to or can stay there till 2 in the morning.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by olds45512
So what time did you guys finish on friday? I had to work Saturday and left after race 7 of the second round and I didn't make it home till 12:15. I noticed alot of people not following the new rule about putting your truck on the table and going back out to marshall, I guess some people don't get that not everybody wants to or can stay there till 2 in the morning.
I left after the 2wd Stock mains, I think that was close to 1:30am. There was still 3-4 races to go. And I couldn't agree more, I seen very few following the New "impound" marshalling rule. Maybe it will take to time. Or Maybe as less and less do it, it will never happen. But either way, my vote goes to the new rule. And I'd go so far as if you dont follow it, then you get bumped down a main, or if you only made B main, you get bumped out. But thats just my opinion.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

You can be competitive and can win if you can drive but you can't run faster than you can with a brushless.

Last edited by Ostach24; 02-07-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

My family owns 3 businesses and I've spent alot of time dealing with customers and know how to be professional and treat them with respect because without customers there's no business. The race track is a business whether its making money or not and whether or not its official you represent the business and should do a better job refraining from treating your customers with disrespect. Everytime anybody says anything about someone not following the rules it gets met with criticism and people being called whiners or whatever, that's b.s there's a set of rules and if I have to follow them then everybody should. Alot of people were talking about the guy running foams including me but I didn't say anything because I figured nothing would be done about it anyway. As far as checking cars go im all for it, your not going to hurt my feelings because you wont find anything. I would even volunteer to go around and check everybody cars out to make sure they were legal for the class there in because if you let 1 person get away with it then everybody else starts doing it and pretty soon its a free for all. There's a reason for rules and that's to make it fair and even for all the competitors, I couldn't go to a 1:1 car race and run anything that gave me an unfair advantage, I would be told to go home and come back when im legal. I know some people think there just toys and we shouldnt take it serious but the truth is that rc is poor mans racing, if I could afford to race 1:1 cars I would. I wont be at the track friday and not because im afraid of being called to the principals office but because I have to go lumber shopping to build my shed on Saturday. See you guys in 2 weeks.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Post Article on charging LiPo batteries

I saw this on Facebook. It has tips on LiPo safety along with several pictures showing what can happen. I hope the industry migrates to LiFe batteries, if only from a safety standpoint.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/team/201...ipo-batteries/

Also, a friend has been using A123 LiFe batteries for a few years in his crawlers. He's able to charge a fully discharged 5000 mAh pack in 15 minutes. In our vehicles, we'd either have to go to 2S packs at 6.6v or 3S packs at 9.9v. Just MHO.

Steven "Bates" Beatty aka "Hot Wheels", "HACCer" and some unmentionables in polite company
Old 02-07-2012, 04:04 AM
Tech Addict

handled via pm

Last edited by carcrusher46; 02-07-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What time have you guys been starting on Friday nights? I understand the program has been finishing early in to Saturday morning as of late. The reason I ask is the last times I have been out we have started as late 815. Just wondering what the official time is? I thought it was 730. If the program is taking that long any chance we can start earlier? I hope I do not upset any officials with this post.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by olds45512
My family owns 3 businesses and I've spent alot of time dealing with customers and know how to be professional and treat them with respect because without customers there's no business. The race track is a business whether its making money or not and whether or not its official you represent the business and should do a better job refraining from treating your customers with disrespect. Everytime anybody says anything about someone not following the rules it gets met with criticism and people being called whiners or whatever, that's b.s there's a set of rules and if I have to follow them then everybody should. Alot of people were talking about the guy running foams including me but I didn't say anything because I figured nothing would be done about it anyway. As far as checking cars go im all for it, your not going to hurt my feelings because you wont find anything. I would even volunteer to go around and check everybody cars out to make sure they were legal for the class there in because if you let 1 person get away with it then everybody else starts doing it and pretty soon its a free for all. There's a reason for rules and that's to make it fair and even for all the competitors, I couldn't go to a 1:1 car race and run anything that gave me an unfair advantage, I would be told to go home and come back when im legal. I know some people think there just toys and we shouldnt take it serious but the truth is that rc is poor mans racing, if I could afford to race 1:1 cars I would. I wont be at the track friday and not because im afraid of being called to the principals office but because I have to go lumber shopping to build my shed on Saturday. See you guys in 2 weeks.
+1

Wow all this over just trying to correct something just to give Matt his dues.Then all this foam tires come up. People were upset that a racer ran foams for 2 months when he had rubber tires sitting right there and nothing was done. I was not in that class but fair is fair
Old 02-07-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pete Vitale
What time have you guys been starting on Friday nights? I understand the program has been finishing early in to Saturday morning as of late. The reason I ask is the last times I have been out we have started as late 815. Just wondering what the official time is? I thought it was 730. If the program is taking that long any chance we can start earlier? I hope I do not upset any officials with this post.
We have been starting right around 7:30 just that we have had about 13-16 heats on Friday nights which is making for some good racing
Old 02-07-2012, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmark17
We have been starting right around 7:30 just that we have had about 13-16 heats on Friday nights which is making for some good racing
Wow! lot of heats. I must pick the nights we start late! It happens, I understand it just sounds like my luck.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pete Vitale
The main reason for the late starts sometimes are ppl registering at the last minute which slow things down. As for the late finishes its due to the lack of marshaling after the race is over. A 14 class night @5min runs is 70mins add a max of 2mins between rounds and you get and avg of 98mins per round for a total of 5hrs. At times it takes 3-5+ mins to get the next race going and at that rate it almost doubles the time we spend at the track.

So how do we cut this time down. Its very easy and we just started it for the first time last Friday. One way is IMPOUND IMPOUND IMPOUND. The other is we add a few more cars to each round and add a 2min clock. If you are not out on the track in time you are out of luck.

First on the added cars to the round. I know most ppl will complain its to hard to drive with an excessive amount of cars on the track at the same time. TRUE but how are you and others going to learn how to drive in traffic without having the experience of actually doing it. Learn the art of passing and not bashing. Also drivers who are 2 laps down just give the leaders room to pass. Your not going to make up the laps in in under 3mins.

Now on the impounds. If you are not back to back or only have one break between your next race you will IMPOUND your vehicle on the table in front of the announcers stand put your transponder back and pick a corner to marshal. This technique is practiced worldwide in rc racing, why can't we do it at PT. I will be helping to enforce this rule on Friday so be ready. For back to back racers ask someone to help cover you for marshaling.

Now for my last little rant. Waiting on ppl to race. There is no reason why(unless broken) someone should not be ready for their race. The next race is always announced 5mins before its ready to start(Race #1 on the track now Race#2 get them ready). Add the 2min clock to that and you have seven minutes from race to race to be ready. No excuse to be late and delaying the show.The only way for racers to learn this is to start a race without them. I bet next time they will be ready.

Thats all for now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.