Wiki Posts
Search

Bumps and Jumps 2010 - 2011 season

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Moto721
The mixing of different rtr parts is not a lot cheaper than running mod, you will still be buying different tires, motors, speedos, servos etc. And taking the best parts from each vehicle still makes it most costly for new people to compete. I am up for whatever Chris decides, just waiting on the rules to see what truck I will buy now.
Chances are a new person isn't going to run Pro, they would run SPEC, where you can't change anything besides the radio.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lappdawg27
How about instead of SPEC and Pro SPEC like last year you have the SPEC class you mentioned and then an open Pro class with a 17.5 motor limit (if you want to go that fast, get a mod truck/buggy) but also allow the stock equipment from the RTRs as well. You basically have the same 2 classes as last year with the exception of letting 17.5s (and mixed RTR trucks) run in the Pro class.
I think this would be perfect - my concern is that the RTR brushless systems are faster. Does any one know about these systems comared to a 17.5?
If they are the same that is exactly what I would like the rules to be.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:07 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris mckinney
My gut is telling me that there should be only 2 classes
Spec - just like we ran last year - no mixing of different manufacturers components, they all have trade offs and that's the only thing that keeps you from needing a blitz with an sc-10 motor and slash tires. Silly to me to turn a $200 truck into a $325 truck, or worse if the slash doesn't compete with the blitz with all the other stuff on it you would need a new truck.

And Mod - I can't imagine that 17.5 will go any slower than a 4.5 inside at bumps, Frymeyer and Reigle proved that last year, I just want there to be good competition in the mod class, I am not sure open mod is the way to go in regards to that, because some people will think they need a 8.5 to compete but in all actuality it will probably make them slower. I am also thinking blinky mode, just because it sucks to have that as another variable in racing.

But theses are just my thoughts so far.
I would be interested to hear from Pat, Frymeyer, and Reigle on this.
Thanks
Chris
If you run a mod class sct then it needs to be open. No worries on timing because you will only be able to use high timing with a 17.5 or 13.5. Anything lower than that and running high timing will start heating motors. I can't see ever running anything lower than a 10.5. I was think if I ran that class either a 17.5 or a 13.5 because at Bumps consistancy wins not pure speed. Big power is fun but driving it and hooking it up are the hang ups.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:10 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by lappdawg27
How about instead of SPEC and Pro SPEC like last year you have the SPEC class you mentioned and then an open Pro class with a 17.5 motor limit (if you want to go that fast, get a mod truck/buggy) but also allow the stock equipment from the RTRs as well. You basically have the same 2 classes as last year with the exception of letting 17.5s (and mixed RTR trucks) run in the Pro class.
This is a pretty good solution.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:13 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by chris mckinney
I think this would be perfect - my concern is that the RTR brushless systems are faster. Does any one know about these systems comared to a 17.5?
If they are the same that is exactly what I would like the rules to be.
It really wouldn't matter if they are faster or not. Any differance will be made up from the speedos, driving and setup.

Make it simple on yourself and run those two classes. Spec and the 17.5 Pro type class as Lapdawg mentioned. This is about the best solution I have seen and is good for everyone.

Alot of guys have two trucks one that fits spec or can easily fit spec and a 17.5 sct so it allows guys to run two different classes. If it ends up like this looks like I will be getting two scts ready so I can run either class.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Any input on tire rules? Also if anyone is willing to come up(to bumps) on wed night that has a sc truck with a 17.5 I will put my Associated rtr brushless in the slash to see the difference.

Last edited by Moto721; 09-19-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Chris as for the RTR Brushless I think they are very equal to a 17.5 motor. I know Pat and then pat jr. ran the dynamite short course sytem and it looked to be the same is speed to me. Just my observation though.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

ok a 17.5 is roughly 2400kv according to castles new sofware...
rtr brushless sc10 is a 3600kv motor...
Old 09-19-2010, 06:52 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ShtLuck
ok a 17.5 is roughly 2400kv according to castles new sofware...
rtr brushless sc10 is a 3600kv motor...
Yes but the Traxxas stock brushless and Castles soon to be 3600kv setup are all equal to a 17.5. The sensorless setups can't run the kind of timing you can run in a 17.5 with the Tekins and other speedos that are adjustable. It won't make any difference as long as we keep the RTR motor setups under 4000kv we won't have any problems.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

most of us at pit stop dont run any timing in our 17.5 trucks.

i pushed for the 17.5 class simply because it was the nation wide rules from roar for a consistant class anywhere.
Spec has become a total mess due to the lack of consistant rules from track to track.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:31 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ShtLuck
most of us at pit stop dont run any timing in our 17.5 trucks.

i pushed for the 17.5 class simply because it was the nation wide rules from roar for a consistant class anywhere.
Spec has become a total mess due to the lack of consistant rules from track to track.
Even if you don't run timimg pretty much ever speedo from Castle, Tekin, and Novak can run timimg and even without it the speedos are better than any RTR brushlesss setup plus all RTR brushless systems are sensorless so adding large amounts of timing can't happen. Most of the RTR systems are also 3600 to 3700kv with little to no timing.

The 17.5 class is fine or even allow up to 13.5 but not really needed since you can change anything else on the trucks to make them handle better tons more speed isn't going to help at Bumps, maybe at Garlands where the track is so huge then it could make a difference.

The more simple the rules are the easier it is for racers to understand and for newer racers to understand so hopefully that will mean more racers.

Don't want to take one of the more fun classes and turn it into 10 classes and each one has two racers. The more classes the we have the worse racing is with having 3 or 4 guys in a class............to me that is zero fun.

Oval as big as its been the last 2 years is starting to have this problems with way too many classes and other than big races most classes only have 4 or 5 guys now which sucks.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

i agree on keeping it simple...
however where do we draw the line... if a kid shows up with a velenion system in a slash and wants to race where does he get put, or a guy that shows up with a 10.5 in a truck.
its a fine line you have to walk on this stuff when you dont have a cut and dry set of rules.
for example: pit stop spec trucks cant run at bumps because of the electronics mix and match that is allowed at pit stop.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Gearing Set Up

Hello all,

Planning on coming out your way the season.
Just wondering what spur/Pinnon setup most run with at this track.
B4 I have is CC5700 in it for now.
And my son's B4 will have a Novak 10.5

Right now mine has an 87 spur
and the other has a 78.

Any help on this will be a big help.

I mostly run Nitro.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mr. Carter
Hello all,

Planning on coming out your way the season.
Just wondering what spur/Pinnon setup most run with at this track.
B4 I have is CC5700 in it for now.
And my son's B4 will have a Novak 10.5

Right now mine has an 87 spur
and the other has a 78.

Any help on this will be a big help.

I mostly run Nitro.
I run a novak 10.5 in my xxxcr I have it geared at 26-27 78 for bumps. As far as the 5700 I would started around 19ish 87. That motor is way to much motor! you will go faster if you got a 10.5 or even 13.5.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Uhh well just sign me up for the open pro sct class I am not bothering with stock it has to many variables and I just wanna go fast and let both Brians buy my cheesburgers this indoor season .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.