Community
Wiki Posts
Search

outdoor track in Southeast Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Angry outdoor track in Southeast Michigan

The City have just closed down dirt burner's track at Hines Parks unless it is racing day on Sunday. Does anyone know where I can practice or just bash around where I don't have to drive 45 minutes? I currently live in Ann Arbor.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hines Park was the closest to me around here. So I called Wayne County parks (again) and they are going to make some noise measurements at the race tomorrow in Hines Park to see if it is loud enough to break the sound ordinance of Plymouth twp. Then they will have a meeting with the people who complained and try to come up with some compromise to open the track to the public again.
IMO Something doesn't seem right. It seems like someone had some major pull to shut the track down right away without confirming the noise levels first.
Call Wayne County Parks Office and the Wayne County Commissioner's office to make sure they follow through with another meeting to keep the track open.