Wiki Posts
Search

New Track in Placentia, CA LRH Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 02:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Just wanted to post here. I run at OCRC every Saturday. Last week one of our new friends from OCRC told us about LRH. Told us that they often run to the later hours of the night/morning and it was kickback. So since OCRC closes so early, we figured sure, lets check it out. When we got there, the owner wasn't there and the manager or sit-in manager/friend of owner was there and didn't know how late they were going to be there. He finally got the owner on the phone and then came back and told us that the owner was coming down to let us know if we could run or not and how long they'd be staying open. We waited for 20 min or so. I asked, well we're here, can we atleast run until the owner gets here and check out the track. He said no. Finally the owner gets there and goes into the office. Sits there about another 20 minutes. No communication or anything. Finally one of our guys goes in and asks how everything's going and if we're going to be able to run. He said he'd let us know, but needs a few minutes to make up his mind. We sat there trackside in the pits just watching the few people that were there run for about another 20 minutes. Obviously he didn't want us to run. JUST TELL US THAT! I heard that they've been having trouble drumming up business and it's not looking good. Here we were 6 new faces that run weekly and thought this might be a great after hours place to run after racing at ocrc every night. I'm no Bill Gates, but I'm smart enough to know when you have 6 new potential customers, you don't treat them like that. He just stayed in his office obviously waiting for us to go home. So finally we decided, this is a lame beat, we're out. We left and guess what, none of us intend on ever going back now. Congratulations LRH, great business practice. At least have the F'ing decency to come out and say something along the lines of "thank you for coming out, we're sorry, we're planning on closing earlier than normal tonight, but please come on back some other time, we'd love to have you here". Lost our business, we wont be back.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That's weird......I've only had awesome experiences at lrh.....the owner is a cool cat not to mention the legendary jimmy t works there now....i go at least once a week
Old 11-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Sorry you had a bad expereince. I have not been there in a while but when I was going for some track time the guys there were super cool and very accomodating.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

That's very unusual to say the least. I was welcomed there with open arms. The owner there was very nice.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Just wanted to post here. I run at OCRC every Saturday. Last week one of our new friends from OCRC told us about LRH. Told us that they often run to the later hours of the night/morning and it was kickback. So since OCRC closes so early, we figured sure, lets check it out. When we got there, the owner wasn't there and the manager or sit-in manager/friend of owner was there and didn't know how late they were going to be there. He finally got the owner on the phone and then came back and told us that the owner was coming down to let us know if we could run or not and how long they'd be staying open. We waited for 20 min or so. I asked, well we're here, can we atleast run until the owner gets here and check out the track. He said no. Finally the owner gets there and goes into the office. Sits there about another 20 minutes. No communication or anything. Finally one of our guys goes in and asks how everything's going and if we're going to be able to run. He said he'd let us know, but needs a few minutes to make up his mind. We sat there trackside in the pits just watching the few people that were there run for about another 20 minutes. Obviously he didn't want us to run. JUST TELL US THAT! I heard that they've been having trouble drumming up business and it's not looking good. Here we were 6 new faces that run weekly and thought this might be a great after hours place to run after racing at ocrc every night. I'm no Bill Gates, but I'm smart enough to know when you have 6 new potential customers, you don't treat them like that. He just stayed in his office obviously waiting for us to go home. So finally we decided, this is a lame beat, we're out. We left and guess what, none of us intend on ever going back now. Congratulations LRH, great business practice. At least have the F'ing decency to come out and say something along the lines of "thank you for coming out, we're sorry, we're planning on closing earlier than normal tonight, but please come on back some other time, we'd love to have you here". Lost our business, we wont be back.
Well I must say I am sorry your experience is not what you expected. However, your post is lacking a few details with respect to the events that transpired.

1. Jimmy T after speaking with me via cell informed you gentlemen that we would stay open late.
2. When I arrived and spoke with two gentlemen; I also informed them we would gladly stay open till at least 2am.

What your post was also lacking was the fact that you gentlemen did not want to pay your track fees. Instead one of you gentlemen told me what you are willing to pay.

The exact words I was told were; "I am willing to pay $5.00."

I kindly responded by saying Thank you however, our track fees are $12.00 and we have a policy which no longer adjusts.

The response I received was "I understand, no problem."

You gentlemen then proceeded to huddle around the driver stand and discuss whether you would run.

After about 5 min or so of deliberating and smoking in my shop you guys left. For the record there is no smoking inside the premises. I am pretty sure Mr. Black would not allow it in his facilities.

Again, I am sorry your first experience was not what you expected. However, as I am sure many other track owners would attest is that rent gets paid with track fees and not by bargaining.

On other note I will take the liberty to say Thank you for the publicity on RCTECH. The last time someone posted was 6/4/10. In addition as MANY can attest, LRH is a VERY friendly track and always willing to help.

Last PLUG we will have a fresh layout this Friday. Feel free to stop by.

Thank you and Happy Holidays.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Casper
Sorry you had a bad expereince. I have not been there in a while but when I was going for some track time the guys there were super cool and very accomodating.
Casper where have you been? You should stop by sometime. Happy Holidays!
Old 11-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by blade329
That's very unusual to say the least. I was welcomed there with open arms. The owner there was very nice.
Blade

Was good running with ya at Rev that one night. Your E-Truggy was killing meeeee nitro.

Have a great Turkey day!
Old 11-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Kids sports. Do I need to say more!

I will need to stop by again soon.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Always nice to hear both sides of the story, I am a diehard fan of LRH, it is my home track but I still have to pay my fee whether I get there at 5pm or at 11pm so if you are going to tell a story, make sure you include all the details

LHR is having a track redo and it is going to be sick so hope to see you there
Old 11-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for telling your side of the story lorenzo......i figured these guys were tools.....exactly the kind of people we don't want at lrh.......we wouldn't want anyone ruining the family like atmosphere that we have there. I can't believe they lit up cigarettes inside the building.....no class
Old 11-24-2010, 11:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LRHHOBBIES.COM
Blade

Was good running with ya at Rev that one night. Your E-Truggy was killing meeeee nitro.

Have a great Turkey day!
I knew there was another side to the story. Their side definitely smelled fishy to me.

Yeah, that was a blast. I love running with good drivers like yourself. It's a challenge.

Thanks, and have a great Thanksgiving as well.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Well I must say I am sorry your experience is not what you expected. However, your post is lacking a few details with respect to the events that transpired.

1. Jimmy T after speaking with me via cell informed you gentlemen that we would stay open late.
2. When I arrived and spoke with two gentlemen; I also informed them we would gladly stay open till at least 2am.

What your post was also lacking was the fact that you gentlemen did not want to pay your track fees. Instead one of you gentlemen told me what you are willing to pay.

I kindly responded by saying Thank you however, our track fees are $12.00 and we have a policy which no longer adjusts.

You gentlemen then proceeded to huddle around the driver stand and discuss whether you would run.

After about 5 min or so of deliberating and smoking in my shop you guys left. For the record there is no smoking inside the premises. I am pretty sure Mr. Black would not allow it in his facilities.

Again, I am sorry your first experience was not what you expected. However, as I am sure many other track owners would attest is that rent gets paid with track fees and not by bargaining.

On other note I will take the liberty to say Thank you for the publicity on RCTECH. The last time someone posted was 6/4/10. In addition as MANY can attest, LRH is a VERY friendly track and always willing to help.

WTF?!?! Who in their right mind tells the track owner how much they are going to pay in terms of track fees?

Don't tell me @ OCRC you go to Mr. Black 1-2 hours before closing and tell him,"I'm only going to give you $5 for practicing."

WOW, that's laughable.

Anyways, don't believe the haters out there. LRH is the most kick back track out in So Cal. And yes, it's STILL OPEN. Everyone's welcome, just don't go smoking inside the track.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I Have been going to lrh for about a year now, and i must say this track rocks. atmosphere is great and the people are awesome. always there to lend a hand with tech problems. For someone to bad mouth a good thing just cause they didn't get there way is childish. im not saying for those people not to ever go back to the track but check the attitude at the door. we don't need drama mixed in with our RC driving time!
Old 11-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Lorenzo,

Thank you for responding. I'm glad to hear that other people's experiences have not been the same as ours/mine. But I'd like to address some of your points.

The person who brought us told us it was a totally relaxed and kickback atmosphere and that it was very informal. That is one of the cool things that attracted us to checking it out. Figured that'd be perfect to turn into our post racing routine.

Smoking - When I got there, I had no idea of how things were run there, but there was hardly anyone there, the bay door was open and I ASKED the guy working there if it was ok for me to smoke inside, he said that it was ok since there was only a few people there (who happened to be drinking alcohol). Had he told me that there was no smoking on the premises, I'd have absolutely refrained from lighting up. I'm always respectful of others since I do know that a lot of people don't like to be around the smoke. I did NOT take it upon myself to just come in and start smoking out of nowhere. Also, I made sure that I was respectful and threw my butts away in the OUTSIDE trash after making absolute sure that cigarette was completely extinguished.

The guy (I'm assuming that's Jimmy T) said that he didn't know how much longer you guys were going to stay open. He waited about 20 minutes while he was trying to decide what to do with us. Finally after asking him what was going on, he said he wasn't sure and that he'd have to call you. At that point he told me personally that he wasn't sure if they were going to stay open and that you were going to be coming down to talk to us. After another 20 or so minutes, you got there. You made no attempt at talking to us when you got there. Rather, you stayed inside your office for about 15 minutes. That's when my friend went in to talk to you. He was NOT informed that you'd be staying open long. Infact, we'd gladly have paid full price had we known you were going to stay open late. We were lead to believe that you guys were closing early and none of us thought it'd be worth paying full price for less than an hour of run time. We just wanted to give it a try over there and if you were only going to be staying open for another 45 minutes or so, we'd be willing to pay you a portion of the fee. At that point, it's your call to either accept or kindly decline. That's not what happened. My friend came back and said you were thinking about it. Again after another 15-20 minutes or so, there was no communication. At that point without communication, while you and your friend just chilled in the office, it became evident to us that you either did not want to stay open late (which would have been fine if that's what we were told) or you just didn't want us there. That's when we all decided to pack up and leave. From the time we got there, until the time we left, a lot of time had gone by and we weren't getting any answers, which is why we left.

Maybe there was some lack of communication on either of our parts, but I'm not leaving anything out, that's how it transpired. Obviously I wasn't there in the room when you spoke to my friend, but if the conversation went as you say it did, we'd have then decided whether or not to pay full price and leave at that point. No, instead we were waiting for you to tell us whether you were going to accept what we were willing to pay for the very limited time that you were going to be stay open. We were not told that you'd be staying late or we'd have taken that into consideration and paid full price.

About bringing some attention back to LRH, no problem there.This post wasn't to paint a fuzzy picture of you or your facilities. It was strictly to give our accord based upon my single experience. Honestly, I don't wish any ill will on you or your facility. We're very fortunate to have several tracks within a small area and easy access. The more places we have to run our Toy Cars, the better. We just had a very negative first experience there. Based upon that experience, I can say that most likely, I wont be back. Hopefully it was just a one time deal and the stars were misaligned or something. For the record, it did seem like a fun little place to be, kind of like a backyard track that happened to be indoors and have better dirt lol

To those of you who do enjoy your time there at LRH, I say great! That's the point of it right, to have fun. I'm a positive person and would much rather people have a good time than bickering etc. This whole experience just left a bad vibe.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

One thing I did negate to say, which I do believe is worth mentioning. The guy that was working there (Jimmy T) did seem like a really nice guy. He was just put in a position that I don't think he was very comfortable with. But he did seem genuinely like a nice guy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.