Tech Addict

No problem Robert.

Glad you're back safe and sound.

- Paulie
Old 05-29-2009, 02:24 AM
Tech Adept

Paulie,

I am definately glad to be back,

I hope to see everyone soon, regroup and continue with developing the Courtney track.

Rob
Old 05-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Welcome back Robert!

Thanks for the update and looking forward to good news!

Paulie on task with the conex, keep an eye out for lumber so we can build the railing and stairs...

I will be in the states from June 17 to August 1 and hitting several hobby shops. I am planning to make a deal with Caster Racing in Iowa and purchase 1/8 electric buggies for my students. They have reasonble prices for both electric and nitro kits and RTRs. If anyone needs something LMK and I'll send it back.

I also have a nitro chassis that I bought from a team driver that I can sell or use for spare parts. PM me if your interested...
Old 05-31-2009, 01:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi all my name is hayden im a friend of bojangles or josh and sorry to say i work more on his revo than my own hyper 9 oh and yes it is a nitro so all you brushless guys hope you are ready jk. i look forward to meeting all of you and am very interested in helping with the creation and design of the track please let me know how i can get involved. i work nights so it probably wont be as easy for me as some to help out. But i did race back in the states in nc, so im very excited to get some dirt time in hope i didnt burst any bubbles. nitro rules and brushless well it just sucks.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Sorry guys, Hayden can't post pictures yet. So here is his Hyper 9, which he thinks is the best thing since peanut butter showed up in dipping containers. Once again, no dirt on the car... we are waiting!

Old 05-31-2009, 02:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

dont be jealous josh im sorry your revo spends more time on the shelf then it does on the grass since we dont have dirt yet. so dont cry nemore please.the only thing good about your revo is that it is nitro powered.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Adept

Hello All,

I have some news regarding the track and would like to have a meeting this Thursday night, June 4th to discuss the way ahead.

The time will be 1800, Bldg 4409, Camp Courtney (same as before)

Chief Freshour from the SeaBee's will be there, So we need some 80% solutions for the tracks and what we EXACTLY would like them to do.

I have a few topics we can discuss, coordinate and hopefully get someone to take on "action items"

I will do steaks, Brats and the usual chow for anyone interested (just let me know so I can get the steaks, etc for everyone). the buy in will be $10.00

if you have any questions, please feel free to call me, or PM me.

I understand Paulie is on leave this week, hopefully someone can get ahold of him and he can attend.

Rob
Old 05-31-2009, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Robert for setting this up we'd be nowhere with out you!

I will try to make it Thursday.

I did stop by BIOS on Saturday and unfortunately saw three guys running on the closed track. I tried to be nice and explain that the track is closed and we are trying to build the track on Courtney. They were cool about packing up.

But just a note, if anyone knows anyone rc-ing, BIOS IS CLOSED! Please tell them, I don't want anyone getting in trouble for trespassing. It will make all of this work Robert and the others have done look bad and give RC a bad name.

I will have Kubasaki High School's grass track up and running tomorrow until the 15th of June or so. Electric only, sorry...gimme a call 09037905177 if you wanna run...
Old 06-01-2009, 03:55 AM
Tech Adept

Jon, all.

The base safety rep will be joining us on Thursday as well, I am doing another site survey on Wednesday with him and environmental to address any concerns they may still have.

He will be able to give us a little more direction, so please have some detailed sketches for the drivers stand.

Lcpl Lopez from Camp Services will be there too to provide an update on work orders, etc.

Please feel free to call anyone from the group to invite them and ensure maximum participation in the meeting.

I look forward to seeing you all

Robert
Old 06-03-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Glad to see you back Robert. I won't be back on Island until Saturday night. We posted a poll of sorts while you were gone, the results were cut and dry. If the seabees are going to do the work we need to go with Paulie's design........that being said you need to get all the details from him on dimensions and layout. I will see you guys when I get back. Jon I will make sure I get to your place before the 17th.........
Old 06-05-2009, 04:58 AM
Tech Addict

Robert,

My apologies for not making the meeting. My Wife was in the states and brought back her Nephew the day before - she made plans for Thursday and I couldn't really say no. My apologies again.

What was the jist of the meeting? Did we make anymore progress?

I'm going to Kinser DRMO next Wednesday to pick up my file cabinets fro my new office. While I'm there, I'll inquire again about the Connex. If they still have a few to choose from, I'll talk to my Commander and see if I can secure it. If it all works out, I'll need some help to get it picked up and delivered. I don't have the means to do that on my end.

I should have more info next week when I'm back at work...

Hope to plug back in with you then.

- Paulie
Old 06-06-2009, 03:38 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the great dinner and putting up with the kids!

Things that happened at the meeting:
  • Mr. Safety will tell us what we need for the area once it's mostly established. As far as the conex or iso, IMO we NEED railing on all for sides and stairs need to be a standard tread and rise with two banisters.
  • The seabees weren't able to attend, but likely to get started end of this week or next.
  • Paulie wasn't there to support, so his track is nix. JK
  • Ken wasn't there so anything he says is BS.
  • Anthony's kid can do straight shots of cheese whiz.
  • The LOI is on the desk, so cross what every you got and pray to the god of skinny punks that the wind doesn't pick up and it gets signed this week.

I'm in a heap o' trouble boy. Drove Igy's Baja 5bSS today, wrong I tell ya, wrong...won't go nitro but might go 2 stroke and yes after two strokes I'm finished....
Old 06-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Sweet, things coming together...Sorry couldn't make up there on Thurs, didn't get out of work until almost 8.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Tech Adept

All,

I spoke with Base safety yesterday (Sat, he called me) he stated that he had a meeting with environmental.

All came out well, environmental has agreed, along with safety to ASSIST us in moving this thing forward as quickly as possible.

I will be stopping by the SeaBee's early this week in order to ensure they are ready to knock this thing out.

I will need some assistance from you all as "Action" takers to be able to take on 1 aspect of this project and "manage" it to completion with 1-2 of us being overall coordinator.

some things we need some info/updates on,

1. any word on the pool lane markers?, who might have had a line on that?
2. who can spend some time at the site once we start working on it?, (I plan on takeing a few days off as needed to be on site to address any issues, concerns, etc)
3. designs for drivers stand, ( I do not think we can completely construct the drivers stand in the time allotted to construct the track, this may be an on-going project)

Robert
Old 06-07-2009, 04:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Robert,

I can be there when needed on a WEEKEND. I don't think my superiors will allow me taking a couple of days off to build an RC track. (they don't understand the passion) But whatever you guys need from me just let me know and I will do my best. I'm really excited to get this going!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.