Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Back Yard RC !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 02:01 AM
Tech Adept

Default Yes

Yes The Sc 10 is AE's 1/10, electric stadium truck. It would be verry welcome. I am eager to check it out. I have been intreaged by the slash, but its is so wobbly. If the SC 10 is tighter I might want one. Some weeks we have more than others. The bigger nights are Slash intensive, it woud be good fun. I plan to run this wed, come run a pack or two 5:30,6-----to--9:00

PM me for directions. The scene has 2 father and son teams, my buddy Ed, old pro Cooper, and some new Slash guys. Not every body comes at once so far.

Vincent you runnig ? Would be great if you brought Brent, he was cool. Could always use more go Kart advise. I ran my first race.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Brian,
Thanks for the heads up. Sent you a PM. Gonna make it out today around 5:30 (depending on traffic).

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Chirag
Old 05-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up Flex Pipe

Brian,

I have that orange flex pipe for ya. I can bring it over on the next Wed race night you have. Just PM me your address and I'll see ya then.

Jess
Old 05-09-2009, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sounds fun I want in.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default Open for buis !!

Hey Ray thats cool. I'll pm you. I have been off line for 5 days. I am around tpday, I just need to hand off a motor plate to Royer.

Kyosho day !!!! Running RB5 for fun. Butts some time if you are down here, holler.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Adept

Default Weighing in !!

I purchased today a postal scale at Harbor Freight. Very excited. Certain cars are on diets. Come weigh your ride, at back yard RC. (Postal Annex two) I want to get the width rig going too.

Small turnouts Vince did you deploy, or somthing. Brad-have 1000 go kart questions. First wheel to wheel race next weekend. Ed- you too good for Back Yard RC?

Back Yard RC-technical data.

Ready 5000 Lipo, orig. 10 oz

Orien 3200 Lipo old school, carbon 7! oz

What does your battery weigh ??
Old 05-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Brian sorry I have not been around, I purchased a new home in Murrieta(with a back yard!) and have been moving in and getting things arranged. I sent you a pm about your gear that you lent me. Let me know as I still commute to SD for work and would eventually like to continue running with you guys on Wednesdays when I get more settled in.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Adept

Default Wed 5-20

Hey Vince good to here from you. I'll check my PM. Still running. Low turnouts lately. No biggie. Come run whenever. Try to let me know if you are coming out of your way.

I say we sweep. Lets go blue groove. Ed you should come, you can pick up that pack.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:38 PM
3de
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=trx450racer174;5710335]Here are some updated pics as of 4/19

Now thats a sweet track!
I used to have a friend up in Truckee with a backyard track for the old RC10GT's.. was a blast!
Old 06-02-2009, 01:22 AM
Tech Adept

Default Back Yard RC !

If there is interest out there speak up. We have had no new bees. No usual suspects (other than Coop who is regular). Considering other Wed night opportunities.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Initiate

I saw this thread and I thought I'd post some pics of the track I built in my yard last year. These are pics of my old layout. Right now I'm in the process of rebuilding the track bigger and better. I'm adding a few hundred more yards of dirt and trying to make last years layout look tame. Anyway, here's a few pics of it. I'll post pics of the new stuff in a few weeks when I get it done.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey Brian and the San Diego peeps. I have an album here from some Sat tuneing and fun session hope you guys enjoy them.

Erik

http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/k...track%20picks/
Old 06-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default Nice track

Nice track for sure. Every one is welcome to display their tracks. I would love to get a series going. We have a tame, small, and at this point dispused group. Typicaly 2-4 guys. Were is your track ?? Want some people to run with ?

I am still willing to do some running. Post if you are interested.

Today I ran my 2nd dirt oval go cart race. At one point I spun, right in front of my brother. Got T'd up (ie hit in a T fashion). No biggie. It was my brothers first race. He bought a dialed oval offset cart. Mine is a road race cart with the left side hub brought in. Any way he spun, the pulled right out into traffic and got T'd up big. Still no injuries. Lots of contact. No injuries, so far. Some guy LAUNCHED off of my left rear wheel. He ran me over, and launched. Lucky for him he stayed strait and didn't flip. Fweeew. My motor bogged and it got big for a moment there. Any way late in the race I come across a cart that is always in my way. I was faster. But he clung to the inside within a few feet, even down the strait. I wanted to go over under. But he was persistant on the bottom. So I blew by on the out side down the strait, I gave up the inside, gave room, into turn 1, and spun in the poo groove. The track is wet for the first 10, of 20 laps. Late in the race its bue groove, or poo groove. I mistakenly chose poo groove. I should have slamed the door. I felt like he was going to send it. Live and learn. Getting faster. I hung at the tail of the lead pack for a while, but they slowly leave me. So far

socalovalcarters.com the site is basic. But for the go cart curious, check out the Oval scene. Today I be friended the blond in the pictures. Nice, a lil young. The first time she went to pass me I layed heavy into my $650. race motor, and was like, no you did'nt. Got mo mo fo sho sho
Old 06-27-2009, 11:05 PM
Tech Regular

Can I bring my hard tail? Looks like a bicycle pump track on steroids!!!!!

Bruce Glick,
BGRC monthly
Old 08-05-2009, 12:52 AM
Tech Adept

Default Hey folks !!!

Tomorrow I want to run/ work on the "Big Lot". I have access to a bigger lot than my yard. I think now is the time to work on it. If any body wants to help, they are welcome. With a bocat we could really make a nice track. You would be able to run for free for helping.

BIG LOT, Who wants to build a mega-back yard track ????? Me me me

Coop Sat West Coast RC ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.