Wiki Posts
Search

NEW California Track In RIVERSIDE

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dimentions..???...
not Exactly sure but it is wider than Revelation....
not exaclty sure on Depth...
Old 01-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

this track will also be round 4 of the JBRL Nitro
Old 01-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroViper6
Corner, Thopper......
thanks on the input...
i got my Note pad out too...

yes would have to say i like Thunder Alley and ARC as well...
i "Try" and go there when i can.....

now i have heard the same from others on Rev,
to "Me" when i have gone there it felt like the racers were racing for there "Lives" and drove like it...!!!
myself i stopped racing there "Personaly" as the racers there were getting Quite Un-sportsman like as well...
everything seemed to be on "Edge"

yes, the location for Rev helps....kind of a central hub thing..LOL
i understood there was another track that was Suposed to open not far from Rev??
but never got off the ground? anyone know on this one...???

anyways thnks guys...i will make notes on this any little thing helps....
That track that never opened, I actually practiced there one time. They were working on the drivers stand and announcers booth. The track was pretty good and about 200 + feet in length. City permit problems I guess caused them to not open. It was a shame because they spent a lot of time and money on the project.

I here you on the Rev deal. I feel the same way. I go there every once in a while just to experience that situation. Sometimes it helps with adaptability when I go to different tracks and different formats. That way I am not so shocked and more prepared. Its a shame Thunder doesn't do well on a weekly basis. It is one of the best facilities and the owners are the best. I go there when I can. I try and go to all the tracks here and there. I even went to the Nitro Pit last month in AZ to run a series race there. I would go to the next one in 2 weeks, but I have to work that weekend.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Different strokes for different folks....I like the high activity level at Revelation. The program moves and the racing is very competitive. The more people the more I like it. I also like the pit layout, right next to the track. The new winter hours at Rev are also a big plus in my book, in fact I hope there start time of 10:00 AM carries over to the summer but to avoid the summer heat it probably will not. Again ,in SoCal there are many options for the racer that anywhere else in the country anyone of these tracks would be mobbed every week.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if Rev ever closed.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

hey ya Metal Racer,

well havent got that far on the JBRL thing "Yet"
but be something to do..for the expose of the track...
Old 01-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Riverside Track

This looks like a Nitro track, but it also appears to be Electric friendly.

If they have races for 1/10 Electric, then I am there. This would be the closest track to my home
Old 01-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Is there a fee to get into the park? I heard there might be at Milestone Ranch from someone that rides motorcross. He hasn't been there, so he doesn't know for sure. He was just saying that the motorcross parks usually charge a fee of some sort.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
Is there a fee to get into the park? I heard there might be at Milestone Ranch from someone that rides motorcross. He hasn't been there, so he doesn't know for sure. He was just saying that the motorcross parks usually charge a fee of some sort.
yeah but i think if you tell them you are going to run on the r/c track they might just let you in
Old 01-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
If you are spectating it's free, You only get charged for practice or on a race day, I will have to go check out the track now i have not been in months because it was just not taken care of when the park first opened.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just a half a cent.
Keep the program CONSISTANT,CONSISTANT, Start on time, be CONSISTANT,
I know you want 1/8 and 1/10 but it probably won't happen. Gas cars wreck the eletric during practice and the electric guys don't like it. Also to have a great 1/8 track the jumps, ruts, Etc are just tooooo big.

Oh yeh. Be consistant and run a smoth program.
Good luck.
I'm sure me and the Coop will make when it rocks.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Special"ED"
Just a half a cent.
Keep the program CONSISTANT,CONSISTANT, Start on time, be CONSISTANT,
I know you want 1/8 and 1/10 but it probably won't happen. Gas cars wreck the eletric during practice and the electric guys don't like it. Also to have a great 1/8 track the jumps, ruts, Etc are just tooooo big.

Oh yeh. Be consistant and run a smoth program.
Good luck.
I'm sure me and the Coop will make when it rocks.

+1
Old 01-16-2009, 02:25 AM
Tech Adept

thanks everyone i am for sure getting all those tips...

ok, here is the Scoop...
now Larry that also handles the track has said we'll break it in to classes for racing, in other words i like all the scales,saddly sometimes the 1/8 scales and i admit it sometimes were hard on the track...(but it's sooo fun !)
and i do race the 1/10 scale too...
so i can relate to both sides...
now,
were getting the new Schedual for it..and what were thinking is say for "Example" 1/10 scales running say a friday? or Sat.?
as some of the other 1/8 scale tracks run sat? and have the 1/8 scales and Baja's run say on Sundays...??? or fridays?
so i can keep the track groomed for the 1/10 scales on the days they race..???
or combonations of those days....???
or would the 1/10 scales mind running the same days as 1/8 scales...???
just courious on everyones views...
as i have some track layouts where for the 1/10 scales would be a "Double-Double" in areas and the 1/8 scales would be a single as they could clear the whole thing so to speak....
making it friendly for both....
now
i did get a chance to run my 1/10 scales a T4 and my XXXT
(anyone remember the Matt Francis ones !)
both with Brushless systems...and i was just as "Fast" as the middle of the road 1/8 scales....the more seasoned drivers I had a little harder time keeping up..but didn't "lose me"....
went through a set of Holeshots! but dam it was fun !!!
a stock motor old school "brushed" may be a little rough but still fun...

we'd do the same when i used to do the layouts at the Ranch in Pomona...
we'd get a novice driver have them run the jumps and "See" where they would end up...then a "Stock Driver" see where they would end up...then some one with a Mod Motor and see where they would end up.....
and probally make more like "Table Top" jumps so everyone wont be "Pogo Sticking" everywhere so if you dont Land it...
you'll have the Top to at least square up for the next turn or jump.....
so like to hear everyones thoughts....
thanks....

Oh, and if you tried to go to the track, "Yikes" the wind and all, WOW..so the track is "Bone Dry" so looking a bit dusty !!
just needs some water....this weekend i may be out there to do some maintance...
Old 01-16-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Sounds good
I say for racing I would have one or two race nights with 1/8 and 1/10. Until you get a big crowd and have to split the 1/8 and 1/10 in too two different nights.
As an electric guy I’m not really fond of the noise from the gas guys, but I’m sure I will get over that.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:31 AM
Tech Adept

ok, the new Schedual is almost done,
but for sure, now for the race days we'll have power....now still working on some details for parts but it is getting there.....
was a big turnout for the Baja's last weekend !!!.....kinda cool to watch them ....ever get a chance stop by and check them out....
for now there schedual is every 2 weeks....
they usually start showing up when the park opens on Sat.
and for the most part race usually gets done in a timley manner and gets done around 1:30 - 2:00

as well i like to say thanks for everyone emailing me and letting me know of any things you'd like to see and feedback on both sides of the fence as it were......
every little bit does help....

i am getting more Questions on Location...
and some have mentioned it was hard to find...and i admit it is hard if your "Expecting" to see a "Track" cause you cant...
it is kind of in a huge Down Slope...so from the "Road" you cant see it...except some motorcycles racing around down below from the road....

so i am working with the local merchants to see if it will be ok to post some banners and small signs
(since we do Signs,banners and Graphics) be perfect for everyone...so you'll be able to find the park....
Old 01-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Did the track end up being 1/10 friendly. I used to ride out there but i that point the track as kind of a waste. I dont think anybody put any effort in it back then. Anyway hope it goes well. One thing to be aware of though not that long ago there were some guys stealing stuff from trucks while they were out riding so watch each others stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.