Asphalt Onroad Racing in Middletown NY.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asphalt Onroad Racing in Middletown NY.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

Default Asphalt Onroad Racing in Middletown NY.

We are currently trying to get onroad racing back in the Middletown NY area.The site will be at the former Prospeed location in Circleville NY.What we are trying to do is start a new club and are looking for some people to get involved in the club and or help with the set up and tear down of the track,this is the only way this will happen.The racing will be on every other Sunday and it will not conflict with the Nercar schedule or FBF (Fanatics) schedule,let's all hope they can resolve their issues and get the racing going again at FBF soon! If you are interested please reply to this post or send me a pm.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Hmmm
Old 06-23-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher
Hmmm
I know what you mean,I just don't get it
Old 06-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yo when this go to be open ?
Old 07-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pedro_Speedy
Yo when this go to be open ?
As of this time what we have is the location (Circleville school lot)/ drivers stand and all the boards,thank's to Jaime C. and a few racers trying to get something going again.What we don't have is a timing system yet and we are trying to work this out.Again this is just a few racers trying to get something started.If you or anybody has a system and want's to get involved,let me know.The only thing we can do now is set it up as an open practice but that seems to be a waste of time.Again hopefully we will have a timing system soon.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Ok I see.. let me see what I can do to help...thanks for the info
I hope we can do something !
Old 07-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

I just wanted to update everyone, we are working out the final details and have acquired a timing system and hoping to possibly have our first race on Sunday, July 13th. We'll have a definant answer this monday night. Things are looking really good for a Prospeed reunion!
Old 07-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default ................

OTAY Panky...sounds good.Will talk to some people this sunday.Electric????Might have at least 3 others interested in that.M
Old 07-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Whats the word? Any confirmed dates yet? What clases are you going to run?
Old 07-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Get ready WE ARE RACING!!!.This Sunday July 13th at the Circleville school,the same location as last year with Prospeed.The classes will be nitro 1/8 onroad // 1/10 nitro touring & electric // 1/8 IGT.We are open to other classes.Future dates to be annouced.I will post further info tommorow night.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Can't wait till sunday, thanks for revamping prospeed guy's we really need it.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Diatta, we just didn't want to see this summer slip away,I need my nitro fix! Racing will be every other sunday and not to conflict with Nercar or Floyd, so dates could change. Track will be ready by around 9am, racing will start at 12 o'clock. There will be three qualifiers followed by the mains. A main being 20 minutes, B main 10 minutes and C main 5 minutes. Personal transponders are required. Tire suggestions are 35 to 40 shore, on my touring car in the past has been 38 shore. I don't see any changes in that this year. As the racing goes on throughout the summer traction should improve. This is NOT a trophy race, but there will be trophy races this summer. With everyone's help we should be here for years to come, looking forward to seeing everyone this sunday. Any questions or comments reply to this post or send me a pm.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

I always thought that Prospeed should have runned there program every other week. It allowed Jamie a chance to recover from the work of putting up and tearing down the track on a weekly basis and have the staff run there cars at every club race and distribute the work of announcing to give the staff a chance to run there cars in every heat, something Jamie did not allow himself to do when He was running his race program.

......... Glad to see R/C Racing coming back to the Northern Region of NY.........BTW, regarding electric touring. I think we should run 13.5 or 10.5 and 19T brushed motors and allowing LiPo's. Any premounted tire too. Just to kick things off since this is the powerplant used already in many local tracks.

Hope to see you all soon. I will start spreading the news to all my fellow racers in the area and good luck to the staff.

.......... Again, best wishes and happy Racing!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

......... BTW, the full address of the school should be put on here for those new to the Track. Some people might want to Mapquest it or use there GPS. And maybe a phone # in case they are running late and want to be put in the computer.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Alex, great to hear from you. As far as electrics whatever you guys want to run sounds good to me. We'll let the guys who want to run electric make the decision. I'll post the address and a phone number tommorow, thanks for your input. It is always welcome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.