San Diego area drivers unite!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Diego area drivers unite!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 07:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Lightbulb San Diego area drivers unite!!!

There seems to be a lot of us down here (rom all the posts) without places to play.

For on-road it seems we only have Poway (thank you) and the occasional HP event. Off-road? Is there anything left?

I think we should all get together and meet to see what we can come up with, and DO IT!!!

I am thinking a Pizza Night, or something so that all ages could attend, even if only to meet and get to know each other. I know there are kids w/o licenses that need rides to Orange Co. tracks, and I'm sure some of us have extra seats...

What does every/anyone think about this idea?

Happy racing, ...N
Old 05-22-2003, 12:50 PM
Tech Rookie

i heard that there's an informal gathering at the Target parking lot in Mission on Sunday nights
haven't checked it out though so don't know what's really going on
Old 05-22-2003, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Default I'm one of those kids...

I'm a 14 year old with no liscense!!! I think that's a great Idea!!! Dunno if my parents would go for it... Yeah and we could find like a dirt lot to build an offroad track!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2003, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default Off-Road coming

At the friday dealer only day of RCX, I had a conversation with a owner opening a off-road track in Diego! So it's coming, just be patient.
Old 05-22-2003, 08:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok, we're starting to roll here! We talking target on mission gorge in santee?

That's one reason to get together losi-mon, so the ol' ap's (aged parents) trust your chauffer! ...and you too!!!

I found a cool spot in the parking lot of the von's, et. al. at the bottom of avocado tonight. Pretty smooth...

maybe good for some evening fun? ...N
Old 05-23-2003, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

I know a good dirt oval!!!! Me and my friend go there after school every friday at 3:00. It's by the TARGET, on Jamacha Rd. (In El Cajon/Rancho San Diego) It's a running track, at HILLSDALE MIDDLE SCHOOL. On Jamacha, you take a left on Fury Ln. Then you make a right on Brabham St. There will be a school, with a HUGE grass field, then there will be a running track next to some BasketBall Courts. BAM!!!!!!! There you go, maybe I'll meet somebody there(that i don't know, duh). BTW to recognize me, I drive with a Big Dr seuss hat on(black and white), and a Kid's clip on tie(have to look funny while I drive )
UPDATE!!!!!!! There is also an electrical outlet, for public use, built into the inner lining!!! KOOL!!

Last edited by LosiFromHell986; 05-24-2003 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

anyone wanna meet us there sometime? Let me know.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:33 AM
Tech Initiate

I used to live right around the corner from there! Small world. My folks live in Horizon Hills above Fuerte elementary, and I'll be down there sometime this weekend so I'll see if you're there... sounds like you'll be easy to spot!!!
Old 05-24-2003, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default Anyone drive 1/8th or 1/5th scale

I like to run 1/8th scale on-road and my neighbor just bought a 1/5th scale on-road. I have to drive all the way to Montclair to dirve. I wish there was something closer here to Oceanside.

I am setting up a little micro track in my garage (20X20). If anyone wants to come over and play let me know. It'll be a couple of weeks before I have it set up. I have relatives coming back to back to visit for the next couple of weeks.
Old 05-24-2003, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

sweet! I live one street up from Vista Grande Elementary, so it's not too far... Oh yeah!! There's one other way to spot me. I'm VERY short for my age, which is 14.

rpnick: When are you gunna be down?
Old 05-24-2003, 10:19 PM
Tech Initiate

LosiFromHell986: Well, it was gonna be today, but circumstances intervened. I'll post...

jbackslash: I'm getting my micro tomorrow, since they're on sale, so I'm in. Any idea which rtr body is best if there is a functional difference? And no to the big stuff, as yet, but give it time.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

I don't think there is much functionality as far aerodynamics goes, because of the size and speed of the cars. I would go with the Corvette body because it is the widest and longest. It makes it easy to go to an upgraded pan chasis from that set up. That way you don't have to buy another belt to go from 140mm to 150mm and you don't have to buy another body to fit the width of a wider after market body. Where is on sale and for how much? I have a couple of buddies that want one too.
Old 05-24-2003, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Get the Skyline Body, Those look badass!!!!!
Old 06-05-2003, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

so what happened, Is this idea dead? or nobody wants to do it anymore? what?
BTW the oval I was talking about, we're goin there tomorrow around 2:45, w/ my new T3 and my losi lxt, maybe my hawk too, why not? Battle of the Fastest, Fast, Slow, and Slowest! If anyone goes, See ya there!
(I'm a kid who is VERY good at directions)
IF YOU NEED DIRECTIONS:
Take 94 east until it turns into Jamacha Rd.
Go down Jamacha until you see Fury Ln. (hollywood video on the corner)
Go up Fury until you see Brabham St. make a Right.
Park on the right side, there is a couple baseball feilds there, walk a little bit towards the Basketball courts, and Voila!
Old 06-06-2003, 07:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Wink

Sorry Losi, in order of operation... sick, really effing sick. and then a bass fishin expedition to Lake Silverwood (awesome) and just got home late last night. see you tomorrow down there, I owe the old aged parents a visit now for sure! ...N

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.