Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by MikeR
Good show Frank and Jon.

Good job Karl and Mike M.
In 3 a-mains we've had 3 different winners for mod rally. Been very competitive
Mike R,

I would have waited for you so we could duke it out and put on a good show, but I wanted to get that first win (in years!) under my belt! Next time!!!

Hopefully we can run in the same heat next time; it's more fun when you're running together with someone around the same speed.

I really hope they spray the track as soon as the build it next race because it was impossible for me (and I'm sure others) to run on it unprepaired.

Mike.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey all,
I was new to the races this past Sunday, I was in the 19T class, blue/silver/orange looking car, I DNF'd with battery problems on the 2nd heat. Just saying Hi!

Does anyone else run a TC5 here on the boards by any chance? I need a little help with setup, I spoke to someone out there, I don't know their name, but they said to set it up with a low bite setup, though I'm not too sure how to do this with the TC5. I have been reading around the boards and I've got a few parts coming in like the ITF top deck and a one-way for the front diff. Just trying to get some more info to setting up the car. Can't wait till the next race!

BrianKuyper - Hey Brian, I seen your name out on the 1/8 off-road Gas forum too, you answered my question about the pit crew, nice one! I bought the RC8 so I should be racing off-road when the next race is on, hopefully!
Old 11-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Miker M- nah, no point in waiting for me. The way I was driving I would have ran into you

Driftmon- Welcome and hope you had a good time. In regards to the oneway- RETURN IT You want to slap a spool in the front of that car. Even the ball diff would be better than a oneway at DHW but a spool is even better If you ever need set up help my set up board is always open.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

Gosh! I wish we were racing this weekend. I have the itch to race.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Tech Rookie

hah, damm, oh well, guess I'll return the one-way, thanks Mike R. I've got a setup station so I've set it up to have about -1 deg of camber at the front for now, ITF top deck to make it bend more, softer shocks at the back, I'm thinking maybe 40wt at the front, 25wt at the back for the shocks and I'm going to see about keeping the anti-roll bar on this next race.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/setup/r...yrace_2007.pdf

this should be a good start - you'll have to adjust though for the lower bite at DHW.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Rookie

driftmon try going 50 all around use the 3 hole piston in the shocks, get rid of the sway bars, use the #3 hole on the shock tower for front and rear. 1.5 camber in the f/r. are you using any spacer for the front and rear arms? and tires what are you using?
Old 11-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Tech Adept

Oh Miiiiikeeeeee! I got my hands on some tire warmers! Hopin to give you guys a run on sunday. Been up at BCR a couple of weekends to try and sharpen the ol'pencil. Baked Tires, new chassis flex, fresh rubber, Whhaaatt!

P.S. You stock guys will be running with my vintage Diesel truck, So be nice...
It took me a year and a half to find that body, and it's too cool to leave dusty on the shelf! Downforce..... who needs it! Yokomo Euro-Race Truck!

See Ya Sunday!
Bill-Ho
Support your LHS, cuz u can't race on E-Bay!
Old 11-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Billy-Ho
Oh Miiiiikeeeeee! I got my hands on some tire warmers! Hopin to give you guys a run on sunday. Been up at BCR a couple of weekends to try and sharpen the ol'pencil. Baked Tires, new chassis flex, fresh rubber, Whhaaatt!

P.S. You stock guys will be running with my vintage Diesel truck, So be nice...
It took me a year and a half to find that body, and it's too cool to leave dusty on the shelf! Downforce..... who needs it! Yokomo Euro-Race Truck!

See Ya Sunday!
Bill-Ho
Support your LHS, cuz u can't race on E-Bay!
Billy,

Hey I'll put that first blimish in that body for you... LOL!!!!!!!! ummm Pit move going the straight. LOL

I gotta call you tomorrow.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Anyone interested in running mod down there? I'm gonna try to come down in a couple weeks.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Anyone interested in running mod down there? I'm gonna try to come down in a couple weeks.
Randy- you can try mod at DHW but it really is more suited for stock and 19. Doesn't have the same kind of grip level as say Hobby Central of Poway had. I wouldn't mind (jus speakin for myself) if you raced mod in 19turn if you wanted. If you win then hey a mod beat me, if you lose then we get to say we beat a mod! Track is a lot of fun though... pretty laid back.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:41 PM
Tech Champion

Mr Mayberry- are you racing this week? I need to trade you for a micro 65 servo

Billy-Ho- don't talk to me until you bring yer 18R back out!
Old 11-17-2007, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default New to DHW racing

(Posted in DHW Raceway thread as well, I don't know if everyone reads both)
Hi everyone! I've been racing off-road at Palomar and Barona, never knew about the on-road going on here, which is a lot closer to home (I live in Mission beach). I really enjoy racing but the only on-road cars I have right now are my Tamiya Mini and my nitro RS4-3 EVO that's setup as an offroad trophy truck with rally shocks right now(in the process of going back to on-road for the race tomorrow). I've read through the forum a little bit and have some questions.
-How strict are the rules out there? The only bodies I have are the Stiletto that came with the car and an unpainted uncut subaru rally shell. Will running the Stiletto be a problem? I can hurry up and paint the other if it is.
-I am using the stock motor, which is a .15, is that ok?
-Is everyone running foams here? All I have are the stock tires and some Venom Magnetic Mayhems, can't afford much else, and once heated up they seem to work adequetly. Am I going to be left in the dust?
-What is the cost to enter?
-Should I bring my own chair to stand on for the race?
-I think I read we should supply our own power, is this the case?
Um, I guess that's all my questions, is there anything else I should know before coming out tomorrow? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Rookie

hey sdelamparo, I'm running RP30 tires, I took the sway bars off, I haven't gotten around to going to the 3 piston, but I have them and I'll have to find time to rebuild the shocks. I'm not sure what you mean by the spacers though, do you mean the shims?

I had a great time racing today, except for my motor bumming out on me on the mains! too much dirt getting into the motor, don't want to have problems like that anymore, so I'm going to get a brushless motor
Old 11-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

Alright! I get to retire the BIG RIG a CHAMP! Sorry Marty, You won't get to beat up on my truck no more. Hopefully it will make it easier for you to get around me!(Maybe)

Both stock and 19t are getting real competitive. Both races could have gone to any one of the top 3-4 guys in the class. Hopin to see a C-Main here shortly.(Hopefully i can avoid it!)

The loop made the Racing feel more like..........Racing! Big thanks goes out to T-Webb for bring the Equip. down.

See you's guys at the next one!
Yokomo Euro Race truck, Raced once, Champ forever!
Support Your LHS, cuz you can't race on E-Bay!
B-Ho

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.