Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default BREAKING GROUND!!!

We broke ground on a new track at my friends farm in Sinking Valley. My friend has built several motocross tracks and is a motocross racer. The track is looking good, half of it is built. We will be working on a drivers stand and hopefully be ready to test it out by April 2nd. The lanes will be 10-12' loaded with good stuff. Will keep you posted and will post pictures tomorrow after lunch.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HimotoRicer
We broke ground on a new track at my friends farm in Sinking Valley. My friend has built several motocross tracks and is a motocross racer. The track is looking good, half of it is built. We will be working on a drivers stand and hopefully be ready to test it out by April 2nd. The lanes will be 10-12' loaded with good stuff. Will keep you posted and will post pictures tomorrow after lunch.
Got an address?
Old 03-19-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by T. Herwig
Got an address?
I will post a address with pictures tomorrow. The layout is pretty big and looks to be a fast track.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HimotoRicer
I will post a address with pictures tomorrow. The layout is pretty big and looks to be a fast track.
How far from the original Altoona Raceway is this? Can't wait to see.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes,this track is gonna be BIG!!!! I ran the bobcat from12:30am-4:30.I ran my truggy aroung the layout and it is awesome.I will just say half flat,half hill side!!!!!Lots of fun.This is Gabes long time friend and its been a pleasure working on the track with him and meeting him.Also,can you believe maybe 1 more track in our area to come!!!!We will c.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by T. Herwig
How far from the original Altoona Raceway is this? Can't wait to see.

I would say 15-20 min if that!!!!Looks like you had a blast at LCRC .I like the video you made also.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default 2 NEW TRACKS!!!

#1: Good news fellow racers! The board approved the idea of a RC track on the grounds of the Altoona Rifle and Pistol Club. Talks are in the works and a location was picked. There will be electricity, water, food, eating area, restrooms and parking on site during racing. There are light poles already in place for lights to be installed for night race's. If you are interested in helping, please contact me through PM or call 814-502-7301, I also receive text at that number.

#2: TLB Raceway, 795 Baldauf Rd. Tyrone Pa. 16686
This track is under construction now and will be ready to practice on soon. Huge layout lots of fun. Electric coming soon, room to camp. Check this track out and progress as we build it on RCTECH under Track Locator Forum, TLB Raceway. Thank You for the continued support from area racers.

Last edited by HimotoRicer; 03-20-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

Default Check It Out

Please check out under Track Locator Forum for TLB Raceway. Since we in the Altoona area lost our beloved Altoona Raceway, this will be the closest track as of now. There will be another track coming up by Fort Roberdeau in Sinking Valley. Plan is to sync the schedules among both tracks and other major tracks. I thank all for the support to keep a raceway close to home.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

Default NEW THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Yes,PLEASE support the TLB,Tyrone thread!!!!It is our new track forum for the current local track that we have been working on!!!!Thanks Everyone!!! I am still waiting also to here from Dick Defalco at Ceaser Battesti about taking the track over at the Altoona Raceway.I feel the MORE THE MARRIER!!! I should know tomorrow either way if it will be possible.Until then I will be helping out to construct the 2 tracks in Tyrone/Sinking Valley area!!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Addict

I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will have good news about being able keep our Altoona Track alive!!!! I like the area and we can enjoy Ceasers good food!!!!!I will still be posting on this forum unless I here the track deal is over.I will send most of you PMs tomorrow when I hear.Thanks.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

Well,I went to bat for the Altoona Raceway and struck out!!!!They are gonna make it a parking lot and destroy the drivers stand and have it hauled off.If only they let a honest,person who cared about,instead of a piece of S$#T BUM,this would have never happened!!!!Anyway we have other tracks to build and better things ahead!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2011, 03:51 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry to hear that Jim No way of savaging the driver's stand wood for the other track in progress ? or now property of owner ? Shame if not, that was built nice, & not even really broke in. Good luck this weekend @ MCC's if you all make it, wish we could, but I got to work
Take care & other track pics look great.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sportin' Wood
Sorry to hear that Jim No way of savaging the driver's stand wood for the other track in progress ? or now property of owner ? Shame if not, that was built nice, & not even really broke in. Good luck this weekend @ MCC's if you all make it, wish we could, but I got to work
Take care & other track pics look great.

I wish we could salvage the drivers stand but there are no trespasing signs on the property and they will call the police .I was told they will have it hauled out!!!! I dont think its fare that they wont even give me a chance to take over and actually make it work!!! I atleast want to get some of my stuff thats over there.I brought 2 100ft ($50 a roll) rolls of the black pipe we used for the boarder,the spikes that go in the black pipe to hold it to the ground are $1.50 A PIECE and there are atleast 50-60 of them.My wheel barrow,a brandnew shop broom,weedeater.Its just ridiculous that I have to suffer also.As far as going to MCCs, I believe we are gonna work on the track in Sinking Valley (TLB RACEWAY).The track owner is shooting for the first week of April to open it.I cant wait till its finished.It suppose to be nice SAT. during the day but mix of rain & snow SAT night.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

a link to these new track threads would be nice
Old 03-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Default Farewell Altoona Raceway Track & Forum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuZ5Xbt8-00

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.