Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ed that is just to funny i like the jump idea who's car are we going to put the plywood to it think brads would be good
Old 02-10-2010, 03:31 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default Jesse Robbers HOT BODIES D8

Originally Posted by KARO
Jesse+CRCRC = big advantage (it's his home track!)
I didn't know Jesse Robbers had a home in Thailand
He just won a "WORLDS" warm up race there with his HOT BODIES D8.
His teamate Ty Tessman finished second and Atsushi Hara finished fourth!
Hara also had the fastest lap with his HOT BODIES D8

I guess these Hot Bobies drivers have a "HOME TRACK" just about everywhere
Old 02-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSR
He just won a "WORLDS" warm up race there with his HOT BODIES D8.
His teamate Ty Tessman finished second and Atsushi Hara finished fourth!

blah blah blah.....fast laps dont matter.consistency does.put the two together and uh-oh....lol

mike you going to get a engine for the d8?
i will be looking forward to racing against you.

i know somebody who had a d8---yea jeff boyles did....i smoked him with my losi 8.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

He frequent there pretty often too

Who started that company anyways...sounds like a modeling agency.

Who is Hot Bobies? Actually...that gives me an idea...let's get some Hot Boobies Racing stickers made for your ride!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by morris
i know somebody who had a d8---yea jeff boyles did....i smoked him with my losi 8.
I loved my 8ight at Altoona...that car was dialed there!

BTW...it's the warm up race...they probably figure that they need the practice running those Hot Boobies cars.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSR
He just got 1st seed in the "WORLDS" warm up race practice there with his HOT BODIES D8.
His teamate Ty Tessman got second seed in practice and Atsushi Hara got fourth seed!

I fixed that for you Mike
Old 02-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

"Hot Bodies-Do you want to win practice?" I heard that is the new advertising campaign
Old 02-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
"Hot Bodies-Do you want to win practice?" I heard that is the new advertising campaign
lol
Old 02-10-2010, 04:31 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default Boyles

Originally Posted by morris
blah blah blah.....fast laps dont matter.consistency does.put the two together and uh-oh....lol

mike you going to get a engine for the d8?
i will be looking forward to racing against you.

Boyles should stick with touring car too! That way when I beat you in 1/8 scale you'll have somebody to race your touring car with.

I probably will end up getting a nitro lump for the d8. I would like to give electric a try though.But I will understand if I don't get any followers....it's expensive to switch classes these days.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:41 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default LOSI EIGHT?

Originally Posted by KARO
I loved my 8ight at Altoona...that car was dialed there!

BTW...it's the warm up race...they probably figure that they need the practice running those Hot Boobies cars.
LOsi's new top gun Yanick Agnoin was in the same race and was reportedly close to a full second slower!

I've been anti-Losi since Horizon Bought them and is now using the Losi name on any piece of crap that they can come up with. What the hell is a nitro truck with chrome wheels and street tires all about. I guess your supposed to run it up and down the street to see if you can get it run over by a car! Or see if you can get a dog to chase it and get him run over by a car in the process. I know all the companies are doing it (building anything they can make a buck on), but Losi used to be RACE AND NOTHING BUT RACE! It's very sad to see.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:48 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default Mugen

Mugen is one of the very few companies left that is all RACE! If they can build race only vehicles and also pay top drivers to win with them, why can't the others do it. The other companies are the reason that club racing has become such a nightmare for track owners. They offer too many different cars wich creates too many different classes. Think about it.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by OSR
LOsi's new top gun Yanick Agnoin was in the same race and was reportedly close to a full second slower!

I've been anti-Losi since Horizon Bought them and is now using the Losi name on any piece of crap that they can come up with. What the hell is a nitro truck with chrome wheels and street tires all about. I guess your supposed to run it up and down the street to see if you can get it run over by a car! Or see if you can get a dog to chase it and get him run over by a car in the process. I know all the companies are doing it (building anything they can make a buck on), but Losi used to be RACE AND NOTHING BUT RACE! It's very sad to see.
i agree with you somewhat...for whatever reason sold out for.horizon did abuse the name...but from a buisness point of view...they make a bunch of rtr...but dont forget the race machines they make that are srtickly race.
type-r.1.0 and 2.0 buggy and truggy.im not sure why losi decided to make a buggy that is for eu perposes only....i havent got a clue.
but in all honesty i did alot of 1/8 racing last year with the 1.0 version.and i think i did very well with it.ive raced againt mugens mbx6 buggies..hot bodies buggies..ae buggies..kyosho buggies...i did ok.
i actually remember going to a cash race at hhq this past summer.a-main finishing order was jason schreffler with a losi 2.0...tom stober with his jammin x2..and me with my losi 1.0...schreff was a lap up on us.tom and i on same lap.....
im not saying i can get you all the time on the track...but i am saying i can wheel a 1/8 buggy alot better than i could wheel a electric 2wd truck/buggy..
Old 02-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by OSR
Mugen is one of the very few companies left that is all RACE! If they can build race only vehicles and also pay top drivers to win with them, why can't the others do it. The other companies are the reason that club racing has become such a nightmare for track owners. They offer too many different cars wich creates too many different classes. Think about it.
agreed somewhat again...
alot of places i go to people dont usually have a mix of cars..pretty much the samething out there all the time..losi ae mugen hot bodies kyosho jammin....kyosho-hot bodies-and jammin being the least popular.
i would say with all the traveling i did last summer there was more losi and mugens out and about then anything.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

gixxerman...thanks for picking me up to go fly tonight!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OSR

yeas mIchelle. eye wuld tend two aggre wit yous aslo! eYe does luv meye mUgin buugy,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.